• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ruler of Houndooms vs. Phantom

Well, I waited.

I want you to dive bomb and use Earthquake. Followed by a Taunt to prevent rest and keep them on the offensive, then I want you to EPICFORCEATTACK with Stone Edge.

Keep it up Fl'hight.

Earthquake~Taunt~Stone Edge

Send me the repair bills later.

Last edited:
I felt quite stupid for what I just commanded. I totally forgot Sleep Talk doesn't put a Pokemon to sleep. I just reordered, but it still will fail I can see. I think Houndour might soon faint.

Whoah. We are going to use his previous commands, or let me recommand? My moves were based off the ones he initially used, mainly the Taunt to prevent Rest.

Last edited:
I'm going to go ahead and say you can reorder, Phantom, based on his new commands.

Pokémon

Ruler of Houndooms (OOOO)
Active
Houndour
Blaze
Houndour with ability Flash Fire.
Health:64%
Energy:70%
Condition: Speed -1, 1 Double Team clone
Rest~Sleep Talk~Nothing

Phantom (OOOO)
Active
Aerodactyl
Fl'hight
Aerodactyl with ability Rock Head
Health:86%
Energy:59%
Condition: 9 Double Team Clones
Taunt~Earthquake~Stone Edge

Round 4 begin!
As soon as the ref called a start to the round, Fl'hight (all ten of him) swooped down from and dove in a spiral before menacing the poor Blaze with his rows of sharp teeth (all the better to eat you with!) and derisions (why, prithee, be you so kind to me as to willingly repose yourself in a battle, especially in one with an opponent of such stature as me?) and general taunting air manoeuvres (it must be quite hard for you on the ground; don't you wish you could fly like me?); however, nothing quite got to Blaze until "Look at you, a puny Houndour. Why, I don't know if you'll ever evolve into the Houndoom that you want to be!"

That did it. Snapping, Blaze picked a smirking target at random and launched himself towards it in a generally ungraceful manner. He (and his trusty clone) clawed and tore and writhed and squirmed, damaging both parties in the process. In fact, by the time he had enough sense to check the condition of his target, he found it vanished. Looking around, he spotted another target a ways away and moved towards it, but before he could, he saw Fl'hight (and his eight companions) briefly fly up. Growling, he waited for them to come down.

Come down they did, at a ferocious speed, and surrounded Blaze and his clone equidistantly. The shockwave hit both a second later, pounding the poor Houndour and his clone aggressively against the hard, rocky ground. Meanwhile, the roof and floor of the arena were getting more and more cracked, with broad fissures running through and all. OSHA would be on Phantom and Minor for sure, but as was already established, the Asber equivalent of it didn't exist.

As soon as Blaze could pick himself up again, he threw himself at another of the Fl'hights, again violently convulsing and scratching, hurting himself in the process, but also Fl'hight - or one of his clones. Indeed, again he had struck but an illusion, and Fl'hight took this opportunity to rub it in (what pitiful eyesight!). He then summoned some various pointed rocks and shot them at one of the two Blazes - the wrong one, as it turned out, as it dissolved with the passing of the rocks. Glad to have avoided being hit with such rocks at such speeds, and wanting revenge, he threw himself at another Fl'hight, attacking with all the rage he could muster. But alas, all the rage in the world would not help him in spotting the phony from the real McCoy, and as another clone vanished, he started calming himself down. Next round, he'd act rationally and calmly. But oh, how he wished he could get Fl'hight back!
Round 4 end!

Damage and Energy Calculations

Action 1
Taunt: 4 energy
Struggle: 2 energy, 2 recoil damage

Action 2
Earthquake: 7 energy, 15 damage

Action 3
Stone edge: 9 energy

Pokémon

Active
Houndour
Blaze
Houndour with ability Flash Fire
Health:43%
Energy:64%
Condition: Speed -1
Struggle (hit clone)~Struggle (hit clone)~Struggle (hit clone)

Phantom (OOOO)
Active
Aerodactyl
Fl'hight
Energy:39%
Condition: 6 Double Team Clones
Taunt~Earthquake~ Stone Edge (hit clone)

Notes:
  • No critical hits

Arena notes:
  • The damage from the Earthquakes are really starting to show in the fissures and debris

Next round:
  1. Phantom commands
  2. Ruler of Houndooms commands
  3. I ref

Why did I read the taunt from Fl'hight with a French accent?

Hmm, I don't want him to go for the rest again, so Taunt first to prevent that. You still have six clones, and I'd feel 'sort of' bad for destorying the arena... Yeah NOT.

If he uses protect at any time just chill (actions 2 and 3). Otherwise I want you to use EARTHQUAKE (same way as last time, my friend), then use Supersonic to get him confused again.

Taunt~Earthquake/Chill~Supersonic/Chill

EDIT: I won't switch at all then.

Blaze, it looks like you may be going down. Yet, if you are going down, lets go down with a bang.

Blaze, jump up to dodge the Earthquake and then perform a Double Team. Lets make them smoke too. Smokescreen!!!

Jump to dodge the Earthquake ~ Double Team ~ Smokescreen

Last edited:
(umm, if this is a Switch-style battle, which it is, would action one be switch if I wished to switch out Houndour?)

If so, Blaze, return. In his place, I will call out Surge. Surge, how about you Charge up.

Return Blaze ~ Call out Surge ~ Charge

switching doesn't work like that.

when you switch in a switch-style battle, you generally switch at the beginning of any action, and the round ends at the end of that action. the whole switch takes up one action.

as such, commanding for actions after a switch is generally pointless when you're commanding second. (even if you're commanding first, it's often not very necessary, but.)

Pokémon

Active
Houndour
Blaze
Health:43%
Energy:64%

Phantom (OOOO)
Active
Aerodactyl
Fl'hight
Energy:39%
Condition: 6 Double Team Clones
Taunt~Earthquake~ Stone Edge (hit clone)

Round 5 begin!

But Fl'hight had other plans for Blaze. He again made fun of Blaze. This time, he was harder to crack, but "what a lack of strategy! Do you do this in all of your battles?" caused Blaze to go berserk and once again recklessly claw and tear at Fl'hight - one of them, anyway. Unfortunately, it vanished into thin air.

Blaze picked himself up and considered his six remaining options briefly before launching himself at another one of those damned illusions. Meanwhile, all other Fl'hights flew up a bit and landed with a bang, doing further damage to both the arena and their opponent (but mainly to the arena). The walls were starting to crumble, the floor was rife with little fissures, and Blaze was down for a moment before leaping yet again at the closest Fl'hight and tearing at it. Too bad that, again, it was an illusion. Tumbling roughly on the ground, he growled a bit at the four other Fl'hights, who, in response, let out a very high-pitched screech of their own. However, this Supersonic might have been a little too high for Blaze, who was unaffected by the normally disorienting sounds and continued to growl while the referee called an end to the round.

Round 5 end!

Damage and Energy Calculations

Action 1
Taunt: 4 energy

Action 2
Earthquake: 15 damage, 7 energy

Action 3
Supersonic: 1 energy

Pokémon

Active
Houndour
Blaze
Health:21%
Energy:48%

Phantom (OOOO)
Active
Aerodactyl
Fl'hight
Energy:27%
Condition: 3 Double Team Clones
Taunt~Earthquake~ Missed

Notes:
  • No critical hits
  • Supersonic missed
  • Blaze, I think you're having trouble interpreting Phantom's commands or making your own. If you're confused, you can ask any one of us for help

Arena notes:
  • Totally messed up and very, very unstable.

Next round:
  1. Ruler of Houndooms commands
  2. Phantom commands
  3. I ref

Last edited:
Okay. Well, Blaze, I finally thought of it. How about using a Smokescreen? That should cloud up the arena. Then how about throwing a Shadow Ball up in the air? That should mess up the roof, causing a rockslide. Then protect yourself from the falling rocks.

Smokescreen ~ Shadow Ball (at the ceiling) ~ Protect

*sigh*

Ok...

Use Taunt first, then I want you to chill, followed by rock throw. Your opponent will struggle for the first action, second they will aim at the ceiling... try not to be the ceiling, third they will struggle again...

Taunt ~ Chill ~ Rock Throw

Back
Top Bottom