• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Vista issues.

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
The Volume and Network icons randomly disappeared from my taskbar, and the options to add them are greyed out. What do I do?

(and no smart-ass remarks telling me to use XP or 7 allowed)

I'm fully aware of that because I use Windows 2000. I don't own any pc - they're all my dad's. But my dad doesn't own any PC that uses Vista because it sucks.

I'm fully aware of that because I use Windows 2000. I don't own any pc - they're all my dad's. But my dad doesn't own any PC that uses Vista because it sucks.

Personally I don't see what is so wrong with Vista. Sure it has crashed a few times but no more than any other version of Windows has for me... And I agree with ShiningGlass, if you're still using Windows 2000, you shouldn't even be trying to criticise Vista...

Anybody who uses Windows 2000 probably isn't entitled to criticize any operating systems.

That's a bit like saying, anyone who uses a really old solaris isn't entitled to criticize any operating systems, isn't it? Those things are magical if you're willing to compile your own programs and do mess with the hardware.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with any particular operating system, because, in theory, you can do whatever you want on any of them if you like deep wizardry or pain, it's just that some of them make it a lot more painful (or magical).

Unless you need to run a program that requires xp+ specifically, there's good no reason to upgrade when your current OS works. Hell, my entire school runs on 2000 bar a few computer running 98 and apparently one with 3.11, apparently because it 'still works', but then, that's probably a bad example.

Also, 'no problems', despite being a ridiculously low standard, is what most people care about, and really all most people need.

Yeah, that was probably confusing.

Back
Top Bottom