• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ymo's art-thread (Heavy images(?))

Missingno.jpg
This is really awesome. I don't even know what else to say about it other than it's amazing <3

I've been paging through this thread and I really like your art, especially the poses and the designs. Keep up the great work! =)

Out of curiousity, what is the fifth Pokémon to the left in your team sketch? That one I can't name.

Okay, well I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much hassle... Could you draw a bi-plane with a banner attached to the back? Similar to this one, but a bit bigger. About 100px by 600px?

Thankies. ;W,

(PS don't make any of your projects hang on my participations... As I still haven't even started on the plane or anything. <_<''
Instead, have lugia and ho-oh.)

reallugiahooh.jpg

I always saw Lugia as a swan. Both like water, graceful neck, white, handwings...

Your Ho-Oh and Lugia picture is quite interesting. Lugia looks absolutely beautiful, although it looks a bit too swannish to be able to tell that it's Lugia. If I didn't see the caption, I wouldn't think it was Lugia. I don't know if that was your intent, but yes. It's still very well-draw. Your line curves are graceful and befitting of a swan.

Ho-Oh is my favourite of the two. The tails are just excellent. It looks like a swan, but at the same time, you can see Ho-Oh's characteristics through it. A perfect integration. Those wings too are brilliant! There's only one flaw I see in it. The eye needs to be moved a bit more... to the left. To make it look more like a side-view. Perspective-wise, it's a bit off. But seriously, excellently done.

Thank you, Arylett. :D
My greatest problem with adaptations of pokemon is that you can't really see the pokemon in it unless you know which one it is.
(Also, now that I look at it, ho-oh does look a bit swannish. That's what you get for not looking at references. (as it was supposed to be more peacock-type bird)

I adjusted the eye, and made it more animalistic. Is it better now? (the paper can't unfortunately take much erasing and drawing, since the linework is somewhat heavy. D:)
adjustlugiaho-oh.jpg

Updatebump because. D:!

I made some shiver-tests, since I wanted to make one of those sketchy-shaky animations I've seen bouncing around the nets.

First test; Rat, or raticate. Raticate has so few unique features that it could just be a regular rat.
Shiver-rat.gif

Second test; Charmander. Shivering works well with fire.
charshiver.gif

And again some spammy bumpery goodness. <_<
Sittingbyafirefinishlighter.png

My painting skills were in need of some practice, so I just did a simple 'sitting by the fire' scene with another random trainer and his charizard. The sculpting of lights instead of darks was pretty nice, especially since I couldn't go any darker, at least not without the help of darkening layers. (This was done in Open canvas, so there are some patches of colors which refused to change it's colors. D:!)

Edit: Completetly unrelated notes:
Am I alone, or does the cubone sort of look like a charmander with a charizard's skull on it's head? I mean, charmander even had a small spike on it's back in the original design.
The skull has charizard's two horns, and large nostrils, which would be fitting for a fire-breathing pokemon.

(Also, a more scientific explanation could be that charmander and cubone had the same ancestor, and both evolved into separate species. While charmander moved up the mountain, cubone adapted to the caves and evolved a hard skull-like head to protect against the potentially dangerous falling rocks that it might encounter. For example.)

Last edited:
Firechao: Thanks. :D (can't think of anything witty right now)

KronoGreen: Okay then. :3 (Just credit, as you prolly know)

Back
Top Bottom