• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Melodic Harmony vs. Omskivar

I know all of that, but Agility in ASB can be used to perform fast movements at increased priority, which is how The Omskivar decided to use it.

But as you know, I am still a novice referee, and I do make mistakes. Actually, I wasn't sure how to ref it at first, but since Agility was used in a similar way on many occasions, I thought it was fine. If you want confirmation, feel free to ask our Head Referee.

This was Negrek's reply, I even detailed the specific scenario for her. She seems to be leaning more toward what I was thinking, but of course, your decision is final. However, I'd also like to point out that my Hypnosis command was given second, if that would affect anything. But if you still want me to post my commands with the reffing as it is, I'll gladly do so =)

Well, if you look at the thread again you'll notice that I posted the way I reffed it, and she said she was okay with it, so... yeah go ahead and post your commands.

If it's a huge deal, I honestly wasn't expecting it to work that way in the first place, it makes no difference to me if you want to re-ref it. Just throwin' it in there.

Not that I have any problem with this at all

Sorry, I most definitely did not notice that =o
EDIT: It's fine, I don't mind =p

So, Oko, it seems as thought my misgivings were accurate - you tried your best, but my commands just haven't been on point. I'm afraid this will end in a loss =/
That being said, we won't go down without some effort <3

If Gertie attempts to cause direct damage on the first action, use Mind Reader then Blizzard on the second action, then finish with an Icy Wind that's spread around Gertie's general vicinity - we want that to hit.

If, on the first action, she does not attempt to cause direct damage to you, use that action to go catch up with her as best you can. If she uses a Grass-type offensive move then you Protect, but not for both remaining actions - for whichever action you don't or can't use Protect, then use Blizzard on the second action and Icy Wind on the third.
If, on the second and third actions she does NOT use any Grass-type offensive move, just go with Blizzard and Icy Wind.

Mind Reader/Catch up to Gertie ~ Blizzard/Protect ~ Icy Wind/Protect

Last edited:
Hum de ho. Forgot Mind Reader.

Gertie we're running low on energy. Chill until Oko catches up. That'll make me feel a lot better. Somehow I don't see Oko catching up to you completely on the first action, but either way she's faster and she'll catch up soon enough. Let's use our weakest attack--Absorb--to activate the Protect, then go to Seed Bomb again for the third action. Blizzard is gonna hurt a helluva lot more than Icy Wind.

Chill~Absorb~Seed Bomb

Midnight Island
The contenders will be battling on a circular island roughly 50 feet in diameter. It is night, so Sunny Day will have no effect, as there is no sunlight to intensify. The "outer ring" is all a smooth, sandy beach while the "inner circle" (a circle in the center of the island that is 30 feet in diameter) is made of a dense forest. There is a full moon and the ocean is gently lapping against the shores. There is one stream, roughly five feet across, that cuts the island exactly in half. Does that mean it's actually two islands?

Each round, there is a 10% chance of one of the following events occurring:
-If near or within the forest, a Vileplume may accidentally release a bit of Stun Spore, causing mild paralysis.
-If near or within the forest, a Ghost-type Pokémon may suddenly become visible, frightening the battler it appeared closer to, causing a flinch for that one action.
-Within the forest, either Pokémon may stumble across and eat an Oran Berry, healing 5% HP.
-Within the forest, either Pokémon may stumble across and eat a Leppa Berry, healing 5% energy.
-A cloud may cover the moon, bathing the island in darkness for a whole round.
-When on the beach, Dwebble or Crustle may unearth themselves and poke the nearest Pokémon, dealing 1% or 2% damage respectively.

Notes: Earthquake doesn't work on the beach; mud-using moves only work near the ocean or stream, or if Rain Dance is in effect; SolarBeam has 90 base power instead of 120.

Team Melodic Harmony
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Poliwag
Okori Yasui – male
<Water Absorb>
Health: 26%
Energy: 31%
Status: “That didn’t feel good D:” Now at the worst of his mood. (+2 special defense | Ice Ball forgotten | Seeded: 3% health/ round)

Team Omskivar
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Treecko
Gertie - female
<Overgrow>
Health: 38%
Energy: 16%
Status: “I’m a frickin’ sniper.” Tiring, but confident. (+2 attack, -1 Speed | Badly poisoned: 4% this round, 5% next)

Round XIV Begin

The night sky was completely shrouding the calm beach under a thick veil of darkness, and Okori Yasui’s sight just couldn’t pierce the canopy. But the bad news was; Gertie could. If he didn’t reach the Treecko, he knew he would finish pancaked under a barrage of explosive plants of all sorts. And even though he loved, pancakes their fate was far from desirable. And so, hoping, he started the laborious crossing of the sandy beach to the grassy insides of the island, alarmingly coming closer to hypothetical hordes of nasty Vileplumes and Victreebells, ready to just appeared out of some shadowy bushes and kill him to death. Gertie, meanwhile, was calmly holding her breath, observing the Poliwag stealthily as he approached the dense forest. Oko moved his round body with clumsy hops, propelling himself with his tail, and he was observing the darkness of the inner island with a growing fear. Since he was still quite far, and his advance was far from fast-paced, Gertie guessed that she had the time to take a quick nap before the Poliwag could reach her.

After a few minutes of exhausting hops, Okori Yasui’s stubby feet finally touched the thick grass and hard roots, and he knew things would get complicated. Above him, ragged and twisted branches hid the mood with their creeping fingers. Worrying noises filled his head, and a gripping sensation of cold paralyzed his body. Before he could realize what was going on, green spheres escape from his torso. Almost instinctively, he summoned the infamous green shield of energy. The translucent dome protectively rose around him, breaking the link between him and his opponent. Immediately, the energy orbs came back to him and he felt warm again.

As soon as the shield faded, Oko took a deep breath – now the damn Treecko wouldn’t escape. He blew a gust of freezing wind all over the trees, instantly glaciating the leaves into clusters of ice. Although well-hidden, Gertie took a full blow and the cold penetrating her muscles made her lose her grasp. Slipping off the snow-covered branches, she heavily fell down. Okori Yasui grinned widely, but quickly lost his smirk when the Treecko got up.

Gertie eyes were glowing red, and her entire body seemed to grow, she became bulkier and scarier, too. The entire forest rumbled to the rhythm of her heartbeat.

When Gertie reached for a particularly large coconut, and spitted hissing chemicals in it, Oko knew it would hurt. With a low, guttural roar, the Treecko (which was curiously similar to Godzilla at that moment) hurled at the Poliwag the seed that was almost twice his size, and the projectile exploded in a deafening deflagration of grass energy, and the Poliwag was sent flying several meters away, and didn’t get up.

As the referee waved his flag, though, he growled, moved a bit, growled again and finally, with much effort, Oko got up. He was still standing up, but barely. It seemed as if a single hit point kept him alive.

And he would have kept on fighting if at that precise moment the Leech Seed nesting atop his head hadn’t decided to suck off that last reserve of energy. The parasite finally left his host when it realized his eyes were now swirls - there was no more health to leech off.

Round XIV End

Team Melodic Harmony
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

Poliwag
Okori Yasui – male
<Water Absorb>
Health: 0%
Energy: 15%

Team Omskivar
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Treecko
Gertie - female
<Overgrow>
Health: 29%
Energy: 12%
Status: “RAAAAWWRRR” Stomping the ground and trashing about. (+2 attack, -2 Speed | Badly poisoned: 4% this round | Overgrow activated)

Damage and Energy Calculations

Catch Up – 3% energy
Chill – restored 10% energy
Protect – 6% energy
Absorb – 4% energy
Icy Wind – 6% damage, 7% energy
Seed Bomb – 25% damage, 10% energy

Notes:

- As if the battle description was not explicit enough, the Overgrown Seed Bomb left Oko with 1% health, and the Leech Seed finished him.

Prizes:

- The Omskivar is the winner! He gets 16$ while Louie and Gertie get 2 exp. Points each.
- Melodic Harmony is defeated, but she still gets 6$ and both Sekitan Iki and Okori Yasui get 1 exp. Point.
- I finished reffing a battle, and I get 5$. The other 5$ may be claimed by SomeGuy / Star69.

Ah, is that a rematch challenge I hear? I'd be up for it~
I've completely disappointed my Pokémon here, hopefully I'll improve for next time D:

As this is my first battle finished after the hack (or on the post-crash forum in general), I have to ask - is there anything I need to do now? Bank post and whatnot? =x

It's not necessary to post in the bank. Cash winnings are added to your account at the same time as the EXP.

Back
Top Bottom