• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Power of Six

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
"I'm sure you all know why we're here, correct?" Everyone sat awkwardly at the horseshoe-shaped table, fiddling with their thumbs. All but Cynthia, who seemed to be holding the thing together. "Correct?" she repeated. Alder sat up a little. "Yeah," he replied. "Aren't the Pokemon acting up?" Steven nodded. His feet on the glass table, he replied, "Indeed. I hear the metallic Pokemon are acting... most unusually. My own Metagross had to be... taken care of." He winced at the thought. "That's correct, Steven," Cynthia assured. "As the Champion Society, it is our responsibility to keep our respective regions in check. Of course, this is not a problem affecting a specific region or even a few. It's the entire world." Lance nodded slowly, taking the newly attained information in. "Of course- anything so powerful is obviously the work of a dragon," he decided. "That's right! I second that!" Iris butted in. "Relax!" barked Cynthia. "That is certainly a possibility. However, we have to see past our own beliefs. Does anyone have a good grasp on what's going on?" A single man stepped from the shadows. He said no words, and half of his face was in shadow. "Red!" Cynthia exclaimed. "What a surprise to see you here! Do you have any idea what's going on?" He opened his mouth to speak, but the words never came out. A single man came dashing through the door and into the room, an urgent expression on his face. "Blue! Okay, really, who's holding a reunion in here?" Cynthia asked. Blue scoffed. "Save it. Gramps and I just found some valuable information on the catastrophe." "Well, what is the cause of this?!" There was a silence, and Blue shuffled through his papers.
"Um... we don't know." Alder groaned. "Dear boy, why are you here?" Blue ignored him. "We do know this, however- even the Champions cannot take on such a force. Besides, you have other duties and there are simply not enough of you. So you need to round up another force-"
"Of course! Our past challengers! Only stands to reason, right?" Iris suggested. "Not a bad idea, Iris," Cynthia complimented. "But I have prepared a specific team just for a moment like this." "Really?" "Oh yes- I have long since anticipated such a thing. It is time to summon them. Blue- fetch the Elites."

Last edited:
Mohac bolted awake, a cold sweat beading on his forehead. What kind of dream was that? Actually, he couldn't decide whether it was a dream at all- perhaps, he had entered a separate reality mentally. Whatever the explanation, he was undoubtedly spoken to by Arceus- reportedly, his time had come. It was time for him to prove himself as a hero. What could that mean? Of course, he was very powerful as a Trainer- not one of a kind, for he knew that the rest of the Elites were every bit as powerful as he, but- he had been working for this chance to prove himself and become known as the hero he was. How was Arceus planning on allowing him?
The phone began to rang. Reluctantly, Mohac picked it up and raised the piece to his ear. "Mohac, come quickly. The Elites have been summoned by Cynthia."

Freya sat, watching in awe as her sister Sabrina was battling a gym challenger.
"Alakazam! Psywave, now!" Sabrina shouted. It made the challenger's Growlithe faint.
"Great effort, but you need some more practice." she said to the challenger, who was a Jr. Trainer. "Try and find a fire stone for your Growlithe." As she said that, the Jr. Trainer nodded and went back to the start of the gym via the teleporters.
"That was great! You're amazing!" shouted Freya, as her Haunter, Garnet, nodded in agreement. Sabrina smiled at her sister and said, "I almost lost though, but i remembered to have faith in my pokemon and I'll emerge victorious! Now come, we should get some lunch. Bring Garnet with you." Sabrina smiled again. Freya motioned for her Haunter to follow her, and she politely obliged. She floated over to her and patted Sabrina's head. They both went on the teleporter and left the gym.

Last edited:
Running across rooftops wasn't so hard when the gaps were at most half a foot across, thought Code. He didn't have to worry about blending in as a non-Elite here, when all of his Pokemon were in their balls and there weren't any other people around. And none of the rampaging Steel-types could fly, with the exception of maybe Skarmory (though they weren't usually afflictrd by the strange madness. ) Code stopped at the edge of the top of a large brick building when his Xtransceiver buzzed.
"Blue? Sorry, can't talk to much right now. Right now I'm..." he paused, acutely aware that the Champion of Kanto could see him through the camera. "...busy" he finished, and ended the call. Crap. Why'd it have to be now? It's lunchtime and I thought I'd eat some.

Last edited:
The Champions turned their heads simultaneously as Mohac entered the room, without a word. "Glad you could join us," Blue said with a sneer. Mohac brushed hair from his eyes. He needed not speak, for Blue knew very well what he was conveying. "Code blew me off, and Freya... I don't know where the hell she is. The others, I haven't contacted." Politely, he gestured at one of the many empty chairs. "Have a seat while you wait." Obediently, he settled into the glass chair. Cynthia groaned. "I don't know what's taking them so long- don't they know we have a crisis at hand?" Alder closed his eyes. "Calm your self, Cynthia. They are only human. Perhaps they have other things to do," he reasoned. Steven cleared his throat. "But surely they have not more important things to do. The very fate of the planet is at stake, I'm sure they know," he added. "Only time can tell," Wallace concluded. "Sitting and complaining about it... solves nothing. I recommend we sit tight and wait for them to arrive rather than bug ourselves about it." Those sage words were enough, for the Champions began small talk and put the conflict behind them. All but Mohac, who knew exactly where they both were- but kept the secret.

Freya and Sabrina entered the brand new cafe that opened not too long ago in Saffron. They sat down and waited for the waitress to come and take their order. Sabrina placed her order, and looked at Freya. Freya looked through her phone and noticed she had several missed calls. "Sorry, sis, I gotta call someone," she said to Sabrina. "I'll have the same thing as her, thanks." she said as she turned to the waitress. She got up and went to the corner of the store. She tried calling the caller who's calls she missed. Instead, she got the answering machine. Sup, this is Blue. Sorry, I can't answer your calls. Leave a message. Thanks and smell ya later.
"Dangit." she said under her breath. There was another missed call, which was a different number. She then tried calling that number, but again, an answering machine. Hello, this is Cynthia. I must apologize, as i cannot answer your call. Leave a message and I'll try to answer it as soon as possible.
"Ugh." Freya said. She gave up and went back to her seat.
"Hey, what was that all about?" Sabrina asked.
"Oh nothing." she replied as their food came out.

Before entering the room, Code put his ear to the door. He wanted to make sure he was at the right place. Sure enough, he heard snatches of Champion-like conversation: ...where the hell she is... crisis at hand... important things to do... sitting and complaining about it... There was a silence. He thought he was being watched, did a quick 360, and frowned. Nobody else in the hall except himself and Wren, so why had he felt that way?
"Hi." Code stepped in to the meeting room, Wren right behind him. Mohac was already there, and Freya was apparently somewhere else. "Oh yeah..." He took out his Poke Ball and recalled Wren. "Sorry."
Code took a seat at the horseshoe-shaped table, where everyone was already kind of squished. "So. Cynthia. Crisis, hmm?"

Last edited:
As Sabrina and Freya ate lunch, Freya's mind was crammed with countless thoughts.
Why are they calling me? There must be something wrong...and I know nothing. Sabrina looked at her. "You don't look good," she said. "Who called you?"
Freya didn't know if she should tell her that she was affiliated with the Elite 4 and Champions.
"Well?"
"It's a long story." She quickly tried calling Mohac and Code, then hung up and proceeded to eat her lunch. She didn't tell her sister the truth about how she was linked to some of the most important people in any pokemon region and that they are expecting her somewhere apparently...

Last edited:
"What's with the signals?" Cynthia complained. "I can't get a hold of Freya!" "Perhaps you are calling each other at the same time," Wallace suggested. "Well that's just silly, isn't it? She would have called Blue, anyway," Cynthia shot back. "True. Don't execute me for stating my opinion, dear." Everyone looked at Code as he entered the room. "Hi." Of course, his appearance was splendid, but something bothered them- "Oh yeah... sorry." The Pokemon was sucked back into its ball. "So. Cynthia. Crisis, hmm?"
Cynthia shook her head. "I'm confident you know what's going on. We would love to send you out, but if something happens to one of you, then the other is alone. Three is the suggested number. If only Freya would show up... perhaps I should contact Sabrina, and ask her what's wrong."
"On it," Blue said, dialing the familiar number into his X-Transciever. The tone began to buzz as the device of the psychic was contacted...

Freya and Sabrina were still eating when Sabrina's pokegear started to ring. She answered it.
"Hello?" She asked.
"Sabrina? Thank goodness you answered! We've been trying to contact Freya but she isn't responding. Thankfully you did.''
"Blue? Is it really you?"
"Blue! He tried calling me earlier." Said Freya.
"Freya! Where are you and Sabrina?" Blue asked.
"We're in Saffron. In the cafe."
"Alright. We'll try to come pick you guys up or something." Blue said as he hung up.
"You knew?" asked a shocked Freya.
"I am a gym leader. I should know these things that go on with the elites and champions."

Jayden and Sophia had been in Oldale Town visiting her family last week when she simply disappeared. He knew that her disappearence was connected to the strange phenomena that's been happening lately. Jayden, not knowing what else to do, consulted a psychic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you see?" I asked.
"There's a young woman with an unusually colored Shedinja. She looks so strange...almost like she isn't really there.."
Mrs.James, the psychic, replied.
"Can you see anything else?" I asked.
"You're in terrible danger...I don't know what happened...but someone's been murdered. Someone you never wanted to see again...she's back..." She finished.
Then I realized who she was talking about and almost fainted from shock.
"Are you alright?" Mrs.James asked me.
"I'm fine. Thank you for helping me." I replied. Then my phone rang. I answered it.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hey Jayden. The Champion Society wants you to go see them. It's about the wierd stuff. Peace." Blue said before he hung up. I thanked Mrs.James and left.

Alessa sat at her usual corner table in the Saffron City Cafe, staring at her hands as she waited for her usual order to be brought to the table. Not much was going through her head, except perhaps the thought of how sick she was of eating the same salad, and yet still managing to order it every time she came. Her not-so-thoughtful thought process was broken by a sudden disruption of the cafe's usually calm atmosphere.

"You knew?"

She turned her head to see that the speaker was none other than Freya, the town gym leader's sister. The gym leader herself was seated across from her, looking emotionless and calm, as per usual.

"I am a gym leader. I should know these things that go on with the Elites and Champions," Sabrina spoke quietly, snapping a phone shut in her hand.

'The Elites and Champions?' thought Alessa. 'If they've called Freya, then that means...'

A familiar tone erupted from the bag that sat at her feet. Her phone was ringing.

"...I'm next." she said aloud.

"Alright," Blue said, swinging his arms around and clapping his hands behind his back. "I finally contacted Freya." He had a victorious smile on his face. "As well as Jayden and Alessa." Wallace shrugged. "True as that may be, they're yet to arrive. All we can do is wait."
Everyone returned to their casual chat. Mohac sat quiet in his chair as usual, when he started screaming. Everyone turned their heads to face him as he had an episode. "Mohac! Mohac, what's your problem?" He put his long, bony fingers to his forehead and screamed in pain. He was having another psychic attack.
"What do you see, Mohac?" Blue asked. Then he blacked out.

"...I'm next." It was not long after that statement that it happened. A small, hardly noticeable tremor began to shake the cafe. It slowly grew more intense, until eventually people were being flung into the air, holding tight to their Pokemon as havoc wreaked. Then the ground split open into an enormous fissure, a huge creature flying from it. "META!" It screamed. It landed nimbly on its four legs, roaring something terrible. The tremor came to a halt, making way for a greater threat.
It teared around, destroying the building and impaling people with its mighty arms. Then it paused. It began to cry. What was wrong with the Metagross? And why did he have this vision in the first place? The answer came quickly- the crisis affected the poor spider. As for the vision's purpose- his eye caught Freya, Sabrina, and Alessa.

"Sorry we're late to the party, I guess." said Sabrina.
"Well, we've been worried sick about you three!" replied Steven.
"Sabrina was busy, you know. After all, she has a job." said Freya.
"Oh don't be so brash, Steven," Wallace said, trying to resolve this mini-conflict. "They are here, anyways." Freya looked around at Alessa and Sabrina. She then looked at her pokeballs in her bag. Garnet, Quina (her Quagsire), Blaze (her Blaziken), Fate (her Zangoose), Sabrina (her Reuniclus she named after her sister) and Bobby (her Dodrio) were all there. She noticed Steven had gone to calm his Metagross.
"So obviously there's something bad going on, right?" Freya asked.

Everyone settled in. The U-shaped glass table was full of several of the Elites. The entire team was not there, but it was enough. Mohac was still on the ground, quivering. They had attempted to carry him into a chair, but every time someone approached him, he screamed in anguish. So they left him be.
Cynthia stood up and began pacing the room. "As we know," she said, "a crisis is underway. Steel and magnetic Pokemon, as well as the ones that use the power of aura, are becoming vicious. Steven's Metagross is a close-to-home example of this. Truth is, it was kept under the cafe, surrounded by guards to retain it. It defeated them, and moved on to the surface. At least twenty people died from that massacre alone. This is a terrible tragedy that is sweeping not only the region, but the world. We are here at Lily of the Valley Island- such a tranquil place, in ruin from the iron marauders. It was considered to have the LoC work on the catastrophe, but it was decided that we have other duties. Naturally, we hopped to the next best thing- you, the Elites. We need you, and you alone, to investigate the source of this destruction. So, who's for it?!"

Jayden entered the room.
"Hey everyone. Whatever's going on here, I'm going to figure out what it is.
So what do we have to do?" Jayden said.
"If you give us a minute, I'll get to that. Do any of you have any information?" Cynthia questioned.
"...I have an idea. But until I know the truth, I'm not saying anything. My thoughts might...bother some people." Jayden responded.

Freya listened to the convincing and eloquently said statements by Cynthia. She was laying back in her chair, examining her fingernails, feet on the table, but nonetheless was still listening intently to the champion.
"Sounds distressing enough." Sabrina said, glaring at Freya, then smiled at Cynthia. "I guess we are fully capable of doing something about this mess."
"Indeed. This is why i summoned you all. All of you are capable of great things. We all trust each other and are very special for certain reasons."
Freya stood up. "So what are we waiting for? We've gotta do something about this!"

Mohac woke up. What a charge! What happened? Oh yeah- the Metagross. He observed that Sabrina and Freya were safe and sound, so he assumed Alessa was as well. He got up and sat in a chair, quiet about what he had seen, as at this point it was evidently useless information.
"So what are we waiting for? We've gotta do something about this!" Over and over people mulled about starting the adventure, but did nothing- Mohac decided to prove a point. He walked outside, released Chain from his ball, and flew away, counting on the fact that the others would follow.

Freya noticed that a conversation was struck up. She looked around and noticed that Mohac was feeling better. She saw him fly away on his Braviary. She got the clue, released Bobby, her Dodrio, grabbed Sabrina, and said to everyone, "Hey! Are we going or not?" She looked around, everyone had a blank expression. She shrugged. "Bobby! fly, and follow Mohac!" The bird obliged, nodded, and flew off. Sabrina looked back at the others and hoped they would follow too.

"I agree. This has gotten out of hand. Besides all of this mess with rampaging Pokemon...six people have disappeared. The media has more or less been covering it up...and I've noticed a pattern in the disappearances." Jayden spoke.
"...I'm listening..." Cynthia said.

Back
Top Bottom