• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

AobaruNet

You have to have the same HTML structure in all your styles. If you want to change the div structure to make the new style work, you'll also need to change the other stylesheets to work with that div structure.

But I'm sure the Mew layout only works the way the divs are arranged now. Also, the widths of the Neon and Mew layouts are different. Can they styleswitch even though the layouts are so different? Or will I have to drastically change the Mew layout in order for it to fit into the Neon divs? -__-

Have you tried rearranging the divs? Maybe it does work, or maybe there's only minor tweaking that you need to do. And it shouldn't matter that the widths are different. None of my layouts had the same width on my styleswitcher.

Basically, you keep the div structure like you have it in the Mew layout. Then you modify the other stylesheets so that they work with that div structure, however it may differ from the one they were designed for. It should not be hard, since all the other stylesheets are basically the same except for a couple of color values; you can basically edit one and then copy and paste it with a couple of find-and-replace edits for the others.

See all my styles and how they tend to be completely different from one another? They all have the exact same HTML structure. The styles don't need to have anything in common, width or otherwise, in order for it to be possible to switch between them.

I'm guessing that, by looking at your source code, you haven't closed your layout div.
12Ulb

Look. I'm not sure though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

People were complaining it hurt their eyes ;__; I might put it up again after the revamp is done.

Ohh, I totally had a problem like this once... I think it might be because you have the left menu set to float:left and the right menu set to float:right; I'm pretty sure that, just like that, the right menu will automatically go underneath the left. In the other styles, you have them both set to float:left...

Oh, wait a minute... that float is just for the text, isn't it...?

Ohh, I totally had a problem like this once... I think it might be because you have the left menu set to float:left and the right menu set to float:right; I'm pretty sure that, just like that, the right menu will automatically go underneath the left. In the other styles, you have them both set to float:left...

Oh, wait a minute... that float is just for the text, isn't it...?

The text-align makes the text float right.

I just changed the float to left on the right menu, and all it did was make the right menu go to the left side ;; I'll leave it that way so you all can see.

Give it float:right again; that was not the problem.

The actual problem when the menu goes below is usually a miscalculation of the widths. Odds are the combined widths and double paddings of #rightmenu and #container2 are greater than the width of #container.

Okay. I've totally re-coded the layouts. Now I'm only having two problems, both with the Mew layout.

(1) This image is supposed to be right under the banner, like this. The content and right menu aren't supposed to be level with the image like they are now. How can I fix this?

(2) On the Mew layout, you'll notice there are a lot of extra spaces on the left and right menus. This is caused by the <br /> tag that separates the links in the Neon layouts. If I take the <br />s out, the Neon menus are messed up. Is there something in the CSS of the Mew layout that's putting in an extra <br /> in the menus?

Right now, Giggly Mew style's links are set up as blocks (or if there's a different way to phrase that, I don't know; you're using display:block, that's what I mean). That automatically puts the link on its own line (I believe) so there isn't another <br /> being added, but because the link is already on its own line, it looks like another <br /> is being added in.

So there's two different things you could do here. One, you could remove all <br />'s from your links and set the Neon style's links to display:block. You should still be able to make it look the same as it is now, just don't change any of the other coding for the menu links.

Or, you could remove all of the <br />'s from the layout and format your menus with lists. There's tons of different ways to style the lists; you can change the images for bullet points or you can just eliminate the bullet points altogether, so it wouldn't even look like a list unless you looked at the coding. This would probably be a longer (if in the end much more flexible) method, so I'll leave it like that, and if you choose to go this route I can post more about it. =) Personally I like this route better; it's what I used on AMC and all you have to do when you're typing the html of your menu is something like this:

<ul><li><a href="URL">Link</li>
<li><a href="URL">Link</li></ul>

wasn't i an admin at your oekaki? i can't remember.

Yes, but the Oekaki is pretty much dead now. I'm probably getting rid of it, along with the AAPA.

Right now, Giggly Mew style's links are set up as blocks (or if there's a different way to phrase that, I don't know; you're using display:block, that's what I mean). That automatically puts the link on its own line (I believe) so there isn't another <br /> being added, but because the link is already on its own line, it looks like another <br /> is being added in.

Or, you could remove all of the <br />'s from the layout and format your menus with lists. There's tons of different ways to style the lists; you can change the images for bullet points or you can just eliminate the bullet points altogether, so it wouldn't even look like a list unless you looked at the coding. This would probably be a longer (if in the end much more flexible) method, so I'll leave it like that, and if you choose to go this route I can post more about it. =) Personally I like this route better; it's what I used on AMC and all you have to do when you're typing the html of your menu is something like this:

<ul><li><a href="URL">Link</li>
<li><a href="URL">Link</li></ul>

Okay, I'm using the lists now. Thanks for the advice :3

There's still the first problem with the Mew layout. I'll post it again:

This image is supposed to be right under the banner, like this. The content and right menu aren't supposed to be level with the image like they are now. How can I fix this?

Lots of your affiliates have invalid HTML, and valid HTML is one of your affiliation requirements. Even the top ones.

Back
Top Bottom