• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R/S/E What changes would you want/expect in an RSE remake?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
I was thinking about this yesterday and my first question was how they'd split it into two versions. HGSS took elements from Crystal, but the differences between the gen 2 versions weren't that big.
If they remake RSE, they'll have to stick with one team being evil in one of the games and good in the other. But what about the minor changes like Steven or Wallace being the champion?

I don't think they'd bring back the battle frontier. Not sure why. I'm hoping for them to have another PWT anyway. (maybe with Elite 4 members this time? It always bothered me that Giovanni was there, and Blue was a champion, but Janine was there instead of Koga)

What about Pokémon contests? I made a thread a while ago saying they should focus on improving the contests aspect of the games instead of redoing it in pretty much every game. I doubt they'd scrap contests if they remade the games, but I don't think they'd keep them exactly the same either. Maybe they'd keep some things they changed in DPPt?
I doubt contests stats are programmed into XY (could be wrong though!) so if you traded from an RSE remake to XY would they get reset? Maybe they'll scrap contest stats and just have it work in a completely different way. I'm pretty sure the species of Pokémon you entered into contests barely mattered at all so maybe they'd make it so Scolilopede is bad at cute contests and Alakazam is good at smart. Assuming they keep the same contest categories in the first place!

I'm not sure if Wally would mega evolve his Gardevoir. After all Diantha does and they'd probably want more variety in what mega Pokémon NPCs use. Though all in all, he's a good candidate anyway.

For secret bases, the trick house, and Mirage Island, I'd hope they make a return. There's no real reason not to, they're just a bit of fun.

I wonder what they'd replace the e-reader card house in Mossdeep with. Maybe a battle institute?

I hope to God Contests return in their original format. DPP contests were absolutely ass.

Thats the only thing I am really hoping for.I don't understand why they had to ruin them and then just drop it when the ruined version doesn't work.

Maybe they could do something Sinnoh Underground-y thing with the Secret Bases. Open them up to WiFi, you know?

It would be really awesome if they combined all of the Battle Frontiers. Leave the original ones as-is, and add the facilities that Emerald didn't have.

Oh, and add Mega Stones for the starters.

XY has a page for ribbons I thought. Wouldn't Contest progress be recorded by that? And I'm pretty sure if you transferred a Feebas with full beauty it would still evolve.

I kinda hope they keep Steven as champion because I just like it better.

I wonder what they'd replace the e-reader card house in Mossdeep with. Maybe a battle institute?

Perhaps an AR Card Reader thing? AR cards could come bundled with the game (since that's been done before for Bravely Default, Kid Icarus Uprising, etc.) and maybe they could be used for minigames and Pokedex entries or something.

I would love to see more high-level trainers and wild Pokémon and places to train high-level Pokémon in general. Once your Pokémon are around level 70, it's a really slow process getting them any higher! The Sevii Islands in FRLG are great for this; it'd be nice to see something like that in a potential RSE remake. Though, I'm not holding my breath for one.

I would love to see more high-level trainers and wild Pokémon and places to train high-level Pokémon in general. Once your Pokémon are around level 70, it's a really slow process getting them any higher! The Sevii Islands in FRLG are great for this; it'd be nice to see something like that in a potential RSE remake. Though, I'm not holding my breath for one.

YES for the love of GOD. I hate once I hit 70 and then the game is just a pain in the butt. I'll grind my whole party all day long and still be nowhere. Blech.

When people say "I want a game where you go to all of the regions!" apart from the fact that it's unrealistic, a common argument is that after you get past the first two or so regions your Pokémon would be such a high level that they wouldn't be able to make the NPCs challenging.

I disagree, since I agree with you lot that once you beat the game, grinding to level 100 is a pain. If the NPCs just gradually increased to level 100 and stayed there, it wouldn't be a problem. Battling other level 100 trainers is can be challenging so it wouldn't get easy.

Either they give me Battle Frontier in the remakes with all of its former glory and more or the dog gets it.

Also, the admins on Team Magma and Team Aqua should be made to be more unique and interesting; they could do it for the faceless Rocket bunch in HGSS so it really shouldn't be very difficult to work with folks who are already actual characters but could use more... characterization.

Also, whichever team you don't fight in the main plot should be out there stirring their own trouble in the postgame.

But the most important of all is getting Hoenn's amazing landscapes into 3DS graphics. It was plenty impressive enough for something that was put together with GBA graphics; it should be completely mind blowing now.

Back
Top Bottom