• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Least favorite Pokémon generation?

Re: Least favorite Pokémon generation?

In my opinion, 3 is the best, although that may just be because I started with Emerald.
1 & 2 are also brilliant - Typhlosion and Charizard, not to mention Celebi :D

I was a little turned off by Gen 4 because Galactic are all idiots, but some of the Pokemon (Lucario, Torterra, Gallade, Luxaray and Leafeon, to name a few) were pretty good IMO.

Gen 5...I dunno. I guess Gen 5 is my least favorite. I still haven't started Victory Road yet. It just doesn't feel like Pokemon. Some of the new 'mons seem to be done in a different style, which makes me sad because I liked the old style. Plus there are NO old pokemon. NONE. NOT A ONE

Gen V, y u no have Gyarados?

Not to mention Plasma are also idiots.

Gen 5...I dunno. I guess Gen 5 is my least favorite. I still haven't started Victory Road yet. It just doesn't feel like Pokemon. Some of the new 'mons seem to be done in a different style, which makes me sad because I liked the old style. Plus there are NO old pokemon. NONE. NOT A ONE
Get back to the Victory Road, beat up the Elite Four, get to the credits.

There will be old Pokémon all over the friggin' place once you do that.

There are plenty of old Pokémon postgame, plus there is the Dream World. The point of having no old Pokémon during the story is so that it would feel fresher than e.g. gen 4 which still had endless Zubat and Geodude and Magikarp.

But I liked the endless Zubat, Geodude and Magikarp!
They were good for Exp!

Also I will try to beat Victory Road again. Will probably end up tanking it with one mon and having to level grind again though :(

Also I will try to beat Victory Road again. Will probably end up tanking it with one mon and having to level grind again though :(

You can always just grind off of Audino. I can beat the E4 with 4 level 50's (Although, to be fair, I had a level 60 Volcarona).

Also, Gen III for the win!

But I liked the endless Zubat, Geodude and Magikarp!
They were good for Exp!

And Graveler. The combination of Rock and Ground, the low Speed and Special Defense, the old imperfect Sturdy ability... Like Geodude, but more XP. A Grass-type's stairs to fame are made of grey(ish brown) rock!

I hate the Sinnoh games. So much. I love pretty much EVERY other game, cept the Sinnoh games. No offense to those who love Sinnoh.

I don't have one since theres things I really like from all pokemon gens/regions *nod nod*

I love them all, but I love Unova slightly less than the others. Probably because I lost interest in Pokémon around then (I was a bit obsessed with My Little Pony during 2011 and 2012). I regained interest in the series around 2013, like when X/Y came out.

Gen 6 a bit, mostly due to the awful amourshipping fandom (....mean people in general tend to ruin things for me cuz of how much i dislike meaness :<).
Also gen 7 cuz gen 7 is a bit boring (and less pokemon-ish too IMO) xD

I like gen six a lot. Actually, I like all the gens. Though the ones I'm less familiar with are five and seven. The things people say about Lusamine freak me out a bit, so I haven't played too far in Alola yet despite having all four games. I'm hoping that'll change soon, because they are a lot of fun to play.

I think gen 6 is quite a good gen. I enjoyed the X and Y games a lot.
I did as well. I thought X/Y were great games, and I still find it cool that I caught Yveltal on my first try with a Quick Ball. xD

The games I dislike the most are Diamond and Pearl, but HeartGold, SoulSilver, and Platinum more than made up for those.

My least favourite generation, then, is definitely VI. X and Y felt unfinished. There's lore missing everywhere, and mechanics such as Sky Battles felt half-baked. While past games didn't have the most advanced of plots, they did at least drop interesting hints and brief backstories to add some interest. I also think the Pokemon look much less dynamic and alive in 3D thanks to their rather boring idle animations.

Then there's Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I was disappointed they didn't include more features from Emerald such as the Battle Frontier. Nice games, but they didn't make the cut for me, even though I like the new incarnations of the evil teams.

Back
Top Bottom