• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Icelandic Translation

Sypl

A lone shadow, listening to the source.
Just saw this a few minutes ago. Thoughts and opinions?
I personally would have the site in Icelandic by default, then have a big button at the top with English text saying: Translate to English! When it is translated to English, the button would read: Þýða til íslensku!

Ah, fuck. Guess I have to leave TCoD if everything's in Icelandic now ; ; bye guys it's been nice knowing ya

Pranks aside, I've wondered why Butterfree hasn't translated the site into Icelandic and had the option to read as English or Icelandic.

I'm serious. From now on, only talk in Icelandic!
Vá, get ég ekki trúa því að ég féll fyrir það. Sennilega vegna þess að það er 31 hér.

...So that's the prank this year.
I can live with that, I suppose, it's not like last year's at least, ugh.

I'm terribly amused at the idea that Pokemon has inexplicably become super-popular in Iceland, and I have this mental image of literally everyone in Iceland walking around with pokewalkers and plushies and sitting around playing their DS.

and I have this mental image of literally everyone in Iceland walking around with pokewalkers and plushies and sitting around playing their DS.

that's a pretty accurate depiction of my high school starting in 2010 actually I knew like five people who brought their Pokéwalkers to school on a daily basis and there were countless loads more. and nowadays a bunch of guys I know in the band will pull their DS's out of hammerspace when bored and it's always Pokémon.

I'm terribly amused at the idea that Pokemon has inexplicably become super-popular in Iceland, and I have this mental image of literally everyone in Iceland walking around with pokewalkers and plushies and sitting around playing their DS.
There actually really has been a resurge in Poké-love in Iceland in the past few years. Colleges have gotten taken over by it!

Spoon said:
Pranks aside, I've wondered why Butterfree hasn't translated the site into Icelandic and had the option to read as English or Icelandic.
You'd know if you knew Icelandic.

Sypl said:
I personally would have the site in Icelandic by default, then have a big button at the top with English text saying: Translate to English! When it is translated to English, the button would read: Þýða til íslensku!
Sypl said:
I'm serious. From now on, only talk in Icelandic!
Vá, get ég ekki trúa því að ég féll fyrir það. Sennilega vegna þess að það er 31 hér.
Your Google Translate-fu is showing.

Zora of Termina said:
I can live with that, I suppose, it's not like last year's at least, ugh.
Last year's joke was two fake first chapters of the supposed sequel to Morphic. You probably mean the forum joke, which had absolutely nothing to do with the site or with me. Why does everyone keep connecting them together? :(

Last edited:
There actually really has been a resurge in Poké-love in Iceland in the past few years. Colleges have gotten taken over by it!

You'd know if you knew Icelandic.

Your Google Translate-fu is showing.

Last year's joke was two fake first chapters of the supposed sequel to Morphic. You probably mean the forum joke, which had absolutely nothing to do with the site or with me. Why does everyone keep connecting them together? :(

Ég er enn að tala svona.

why are you people trying to have a conversation using google translate that doesn't make any sense

I actually thought this was real. Then Sparda reminded me what comes after March.

doesn't icelandic have no words for strategy or something like that

would it be too much work to explain what all the translations read as in icelandic?

Back
Top Bottom