• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

IRC Channel

opaltiger

actually very huggable
Staff member
Pronoun
he/him
Hi everyone!

It occurred to me the other day that the only indication that a tCoD IRC channel exists is hidden out of the way in Forum Discussion, where it would be very easy to miss. So for the benefit of new and future members, we do in fact have an IRC channel (like a chat room, but not terrible). Look here for details on accessing it.

Everyone is welcome, so come and have a look and see if it's your kind of thing. :D (If it is an incentive: occasionally mafia is played!)

well if they discovered that #wifi used to exist and look further and discover that it is occupied by just a bot and me, and whois us, they might find that #tcod is a thing.

might.

! I remember the discussion about this.

Also yes everyone needs to come and play #mafia! I go into #tcod fairly often as well, but #mafia. It's great.

sometimes you'll even find me, if you stay up late enough!

Or get up early enough! It's funny the way things match up when you're twelve hours apart.

I'm usually around in #tcod. Then again, with the exception of one person (maybe two people), I don't think I really know anyone here who doesn't already visit #tcod. Still, you might wanna drop in some time. Might be nice.

Only if you are very quiet, since ultraviolet are skittish by nature and will fly away on their gossamer fairy wings if you interrupt their nightly feeding patterns!

I visited like once? I was assaulted by homestuck slash that I did not have the training to understand,

I never seem to be bored enough to rely on an IRC for entertainment, and usually when I am no one ends up being active.

And then sometimes I don't understand the topic of conversation!

I mean, I know it exists but I'm not on often.

I've known it exists, but I've always been kind of leery of it, because I haven't the slightest on how to use irc. But hey, I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Looks like the XChat Aqua link is down. Uh, so is there another link?

Last edited:
Downloaded X-Chat Aqua and tried to insert all of the data given and follow Zhorken's screencaps, but I keep on getting this error report:

Connection failed. Error: (336130315) error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
Are you sure this is a SSL capable server and port?

Uh, help? D:?

Have you got the right port? If the SSL options are checked, it should be 6697, if not, 6667. From the looks of the error you have SSL enabled but with the wrong port.

Back
Top Bottom