• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Negrek vs. Mawile

Okie mudkip! I'm gonna call you Flop for this battle cause nameless pokes make me sad.

Unfortunately mawile have too many options for us to be super tactical so we're just gonna be pretty straight-forward here. We'll go Earth Power, Scald, and Earth Power, subbing in Surf if there are clones. If they try to hide underground, just follow 'em down, you're small enough to fit in any holes they dig. If they protect, or are otherwise unhittable, build up some Barriers, unless taunted, then just go with your attacking option.

Earth Power / Surf / Barrier ~ Scald / Surf / Barrier ~ Earth Power / Surf / Barrier

After withdrawing their fainted Pokémon from the battle, the two trainers each select a Poké Ball from their bags and prepare for the next bout. pathos tosses a borrowed Poké Ball into the air, and as it opens, it releases a ray of light that coalesces into the shape of small quadrupedal Pokémon. The Mudkip looks back towards his trainer, expecting to see a familiar face but instead finding a complete stranger. pathos gets down on one knee and gives the Mudkip a reassuring pat on the head. Mawile then throws his ball onto the field, and his namesake Pokémon emerges from within. Theo the Mawile jeers at his opponent and then spins around to display his large jaw-like appendage. The Mudkip, who had been given the nickname “Flop” by his new trainer, gulps a little after glancing at his opponent’s razor-sharp teeth. Both trainers give their Pokémon their starting commands, and the referee blows his whistle to begin the round.

ROUND 7 - START

pathos (OO)
mudkip (eviolite)
[Flop] M <Torrent>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Earth Power / Surf / Barrier ~ Scald / Surf / Barrier ~ Earth Power / Surf / Barrier

Mawile (OO)
mawile
[Theo] M <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Swords Dance ~ Play Rough ~ Play Rough

After hearing the whistle, Theo immediately takes action. He dances a warrior’s dance, lowering his stance and closing his eyes to focus on increasing his inner strength. Flop stares at the Mawile’s dance in awe, and after a few moments, remembers that he needs to focus on his commands. The Mudkip lets out a roar and the soil beneath Theo’s feet begins to shift and crack. The Mawile snaps out of his trance, but it is too late to dodge the attack. Magma pushes its way to the surface, and erupts around Theo, causing the earth to shake violently. Theo is thrown about by the sheer force of the earth, and by the time the seismic convulsions begin to settle down, he is already bruised and out of breath.

Lying on his side, the Mawile feels an overwhelming sense of anger at being bested by his opponent like this. So, the Mudkip wants to play? Theo thinks to himself. I’ll show him how to play rough!

Theo jumps to his feet and charges towards Flop with a flurry of punches. His hands glowing with fairy-type energy, the Mawile pummels his target into submission. Flop, mistaking the attack as being playful, softens up just a little. Rather than waste any time though, the Mudkip readies his next attack, collecting water in his mouth and heating it to a near boil. Steam begins to pour from Flop’s open mouth, and the Mudkip spits out a stream of scalding hot water at the Mawile. Theo yelps out in pain as the water burns his body.

Flop, feeling pretty proud of himself, is caught off guard when the Mawile charges at him yet again and lashes out with a barrage of punches. This time, there is no mistaking Theo’s intentions. Even with the painful burn restricting his movement, Theo manages to strike harder with each blow, leaving the Mudkip battered and dizzy. Flop wants to cry, but he puts his pain aside and steels himself, not wanting to disappoint his trainer. He gives his opponent a sly look and then roars to the heavens once again, summoning fiery columns that erupt around the Mawile. The earth tumbles below him, bouncing Theo and smacking against him repeatedly. This continues for several moments until the ground calms down and the referee blows his whistle to end the round. His legs as shaky as the quake itself, Theo stumbles to his feet and turns towards Flop, who is smiling triumphantly now.

ROUND 7 - END

pathos (OO)
mudkip (eviolite)
[Flop] M <Torrent>
Health: 77%
Energy: 86%
-1 Attack.
Earth Power ~ Scald ~ Earth Power

Mawile (OO)
mawile
[Theo] M <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 62%
Energy: 90%
+2 Attack. Burned (2% damage this round).
Swords Dance ~ Play Rough ~ Play Rough

Notes
-The first Play Rough lowered Flop’s Attack by one stage.
-Theo was burned by Scald.
-The second Play Rough was a critical hit.

ACTION ONE

Theo’s command: Swords Dance
Energy: 2%

Flop’s command: Earth Power
Energy: 5%
Damage: 9% base × 1.5 type modifier = 13% final damage
Extra Effect: 10% --> Roll: (47/100) --> No effect
Critical: 10% --> Roll: (12/100) --> No crit

Action one results:

Theo
87 health
98 energy

Flop
100 health
95 energy

ACTION TWO

Theo’s command: Play Rough
Energy: 5% - 1% STAB = 4%
Damage: 9% base + 2.25% STAB + 2% boosts – 2% eviolite reduction = 11% final damage
Extra Effect: 10% --> Roll: (9/100) --> Flop’s Attack is lowered by one stage
Critical: 10% --> Roll: (91/100) --> No crit

Flop’s command: Scald
Damage: 8% base + 2% STAB = 10% final damage
Extra Effect: 30% --> Roll: (4/100) --> Theo is burned
Critical: 10% --> Roll: (34/100) --> No crit

Theo takes 1% damage from his burn.

Action two results:

Theo
76 health
94 energy

Flop
89 health
91 energy

ACTION THREE

Theo’s command: Play Rough
Damage: 9% base + 2.25% STAB + 2% boosts – 2% eviolite reduction – 3% burn + 4.5% crit = 12% final damage
Extra Effect: 10% --> Roll: (92/100) --> No effect
Critical: 10% --> Roll: (9/100) --> Critical hit

Flop’s command: Earth Power
Energy: 5%
Damage: 9% base × 1.5 type modifier = 13% final damage
Extra Effect: 10% --> Roll: (23/100) --> No effect
Critical: 10% --> Roll: (46/100) --> No crit

Theo takes 1% damage from his burn.

Action three results:

Theo
62 health
90 energy

Flop
77 health
86 energy

END OF ROUND
Mawile commands first next round.

Last edited:
I've been letting this battle slide because I've been on vacation, but I should be able to resume reffing by this weekend. Therefore, I'm going to issue this long overdue DQ warning.

DQ warning for Mawile. You have 48 hours to post commands.

Let's start off by using Knock Off to get that Eviolite off, but if he Protects or you can't hit him, use Swords Dance instead. For the next two actions, if he uses a damaging move, I want you to wait until after he moves and use Metal Burst right back at him. If he uses a non-damaging move or if you can't wait to hit him, then just Play Rough with him. If he Protects, just Swords Dance again.

Knock Off/Swords Dance ~ Metal Burst/Play Rough/Swords Dance x2

With pathos gone, I have no choice but to end this battle with a DQ.

Mawile wins and receives $20. I receive $15 for reffing. pathos, unfortunately receives no money. Windows 99 and Phlogiston each receive 2 EXP, while Theo and Mudkip each receive 1 EXP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom