• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

8 / 10

My biggest criticism is that the strings stay a little too loud even when the clarinet seems to come in, or that they're too prominent in general, but that's a supremely beautiful piece right there. I like how at some points the melody seems to outpace the baseline - it gives an interesting feeling to the piece.

Eternal Sonata - Leap the Precipice

6.5/10 Not at all what I was expecting. I've never played FFX but this is the most metal FF music I've ever heard. Not bad.

So you've probably already heard this song countless times, and some of you are going to hate me for this - but I don't care, I still think it's a really, really good boss theme. I'm talking about One-Winged Angel.

I've actually never heard this song - the only Final Fantasy game I've played is Crystal Chronicles. One day I will pick up some of these games that everyone keeps talking about!

6/10 - it's alright and I like the Latin, but it would probably be more exciting if I knew the story and the battle.

Undertale - Ghost Fight. This has been my alarm ringtone since I started playing Undertale.

7.8/10 This is actually pretty neat - It's quite soothing, yet sad and beautiful at the same time. Very nice piano melody, but the strings (violin? I'm no musician) are what really make it great.

EarthBound - Pokey Means Business!

It's my favorite theme from EarthBound. It goes 0-100 real quick. You can really hear the difference between the 8-bit and 16-bit era in just one song.

7/10 It's pretty good; very intense and atmospheric. It's a little slow for my tastes, though.

Clash - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (One of my favorite FE battle themes; it's too bad the battle sequences are so short, which means you usually only hear up to the first 20 seconds of the song in the game itself)

7/10 I must have only played Zoo Tycoon once or twice when it was on one of the computers in elementary school. I don't really remember anything about the game or its music, and likewise I did not expect this to be so intense. Nice percussion.

Final Fantasy VI - Metamorphosis

EDIT: Actually, on second thought, the game I played wasn't Zoo Tycoon. I think it was called "Zoo Escape" or "Animal Escape" or something like that. I can't seem to find anything about it, but I vaguely remember catapulting animals out of a zoo to help them escape. The game might have even predated Zoo Tycoon, since I think I played it in kindergarten? Does anyone remember this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom