• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mist1422 vs Panini

yee

due to like life and stuff I might not be able to write anything for this for like 3 weeks I am sorry

haw

yee

due to like life and stuff I might not be able to write anything for this for like 3 weeks I am sorry

haw

sorry again expect something end of August

before then I'm too stressed about other things to do anything but panic aimlessly

sorry again expect something end of August

before then I'm too stressed about other things to do anything but panic aimlessly

yee

that's okay we respect you have a real life too all the best with the stuff you have going on

haw

Round Four

Chemist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 42%
Energy: 66%
Status: Frustrated that none of his attacks seem to be connecting. Burned (mild, 2% damage/round, 0.75x base power for physical attacks). Has a Light Screen (1% energy/action, 4 more actions). +1 Special Attack.

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Ability: Blaze
Health: 80%
Energy: 65%
Status: Struggling to get her muscles back under control. Severely paralyzed (21% failure chance). +1 Special Attack.

------------------------------​

Amp (ever the model citizen of Asber) enjoys making fun of the disabled, so he z o o m s around the field just because he can, while Ceridwen watches jealously, still unable to get her damn muscles under control. RIP.

One, two, three cub-shaped shadows spring up in Amp's wake, materializing into indistinguishable copies of the Shinx, right down to the slightly asymmetrical tufts of fur on his cheeks. The four Amps surround Ceridwen in a ring, simultaneously baring their teeth in an unimpressive snarl that comes out as an oddly echoed, rumbling mrrRRRRR.

Ceridwen's eyes dart nervously from one Shinx to the next, but other than that the Fennekin does not make a move. Boring.

Maybe she'll do something if all the Amps SPIT STARS AT HER AT ONCE. Yeah, that sounds like a solid plan. The four Shinxes begin to yap raucously at random intervals, completely out of sync with each other, shooting stars of bright white energy from their mouths that circle around Ceridwen and slam into her from all directions. The Fennekin shudders, as much in pain from the terrible cacaphony the Amps are making as from the actual impact of the attack.

But alas, Ceridwen still gives them no further response.

Desperate for attention now, the Amps all tense for a second, their fur beginning to stick up as static crackles through their bodies. With a deafening howl, each looses a massive bolt of electric energy at their foe, and though only one attack is solid enough to strike her, it's enough to lift Ceridwen a few inches off the ground, yelping in agony as electricity courses through her body. Jolted back into action from the shock, the Fennekin wheels around, teeth gritted in rage, and flings herself straight at the Shinx closest to her. Oh, she's gonna get him this time!!!

Jk, she flies straight through one of Amp's clones and it vanishes into thin air as she tumbles face-first onto the grass with a tiny whuff of expelled breath.

Chemist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 40%
Energy: 52%
Status: TROLOLOLOL Burned (mild, 2% damage/round, 0.75x base power for physical attacks). Has a Light Screen (1% energy/action, 1 more action). Has 2 clones. +1 Special Attack.
Used: Double Team (3 clones) ~ Swift ~ Thunderbolt

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Health: 61%
Energy: 57%
Status: You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! Moderately paralyzed (17% failure chance). +1 Special Attack.
Used: [paralyzed] ~ [paralyzed] ~ Facade (hit clone)

Arena Status
  • Nothing of note.

Damage and Energy
  • Amp's Health: 42% - 2% (burn) = 40%
  • Amp's Energy: 66% - 3% (Double Team) - 4% (Swift) - 4% (Thunderbolt) - 3% (Light Screen) = 52%
  • Ceridwen's Health: 80% - 7% (Swift) - 12% (Thunderbolt) = 61%
  • Ceridwen's Energy: 65% - 8% (Facade) = 57%

Notes
  • Speed order: Amp (45) > Ceridwen (20).
  • high-effort reffings lol
  • Hell if I remember the formula I used to use for max number of clones from Double Team... I think it might've been speed / 12.5 rounded down, so I'll go with that I guess.
  • (yes I know clones don't make sound (yes I also know neither of you actually cared))
  • Poor Ceridwen :(
  • My original formula for paralysis was 2% recovery each action that they don't parafail, but then that can make successive parafails unfairly punishing if they do occur (like now)... so I'm gonna do 2% for recovery successful actions, 1% for recovery unsuccessful actions instead.
  • Chemist1422 commands first.

theoretically I'm supposed to give Chemist some sort of DQ warning

just let it be known that I was here

theoretically yes

for future reference can you ping me on discord

theoretically yes

for future reference can you ping me on discord

but you see

if I ping you, you will post commands in a timely manner

which means I have to write something in a timely manner
66_EmoticonsHDcom.png

but you see

if I ping you, you will post commands in a timely manner

which means I have to write something in a timely manner
66_EmoticonsHDcom.png

Ping whoever goes first then so you can write while you wait for the second

yee

lol sorry I haven't bothered pinging Panini because I'm busily writing my thesis for the next month anyways. I swear after I finish my thesis I'll be free FOR GOOD and then we can return to your regularly-scheduled reffings

haw

lol sorry I haven't bothered pinging Panini because I'm busily writing my thesis for the next month anyways. I swear after I finish my thesis I'll be free FOR GOOD and then we can return to your regularly-scheduled reffings

a) lol

b) hey @Chemist1422 and @Panini! we're gonna try out a thing for ASB where the ref doesn't really do much writing so we can actually get reffings out in some sort of timely manner and then see if it's still fun! so this means I would be putting up a reffing for you soon, except, I guess I'm still waiting for Panini's commands. hehe...

Let's start with Heat Wave to try and deal with the whole multiples situation. Charge'll be a big hit if it gets through so let's try and work up the will to Protect against it! Lastly if the clones are still a thing try Heat Wave again otherwise use Facade.

Heat Wave~Protect~Heat Wave/Facade

[Sorry I took a while remembering to do this!]

Round Five

Chemist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 40%
Energy: 52%
Status: TROLOLOLOL Burned (mild, 2% damage/round, 0.75x base power for physical attacks). Has a Light Screen (1% energy/action, 1 more action). Has 2 clones. +1 Special Attack.

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Health: 61%
Energy: 57%
Status: You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! Moderately paralyzed (17% failure chance). +1 Special Attack.

Amp charges. Now he's charged. Good stuff!

Ceridwen is brave! Ceridwen is strong! Ceridwen Heat Waves all day long! And just like that, all the extra Amps disappear. The real Amp cries. Now he's lonely. Also the fire hurts. Owie. Well, actually it doesn't hurt that much because he has a Light Screen to protect him. Good thing I checked that! Alas, now the Light Screen fades away, leaving him even more lonely. Sad...

Amp SHOCK WAVES! It's shocking and wavy, especially since he was all charged up! But Ceridwen is ready for him. She Protects! Ceridwen would like to emphasize to the reader that she is being clever and practical, and not at all cowardly, as she shelters within her transparent bubble, the electric attack harmlessly fizzling away as it touches it.

Clearly there is no choice but for Amp to just RUN AS FAST AS HE CAN. He runs. He zooms! His burns are hurting him, so he maxes out at some not-so-fast speed. Ceridwen politely dissipates her bubble so that he can lunge into her side and bounce off mostly harmlessly. Unfortunately, her muscles seize up again unexpectedly on impact. No more moving for Ceridwen this round.

Chemist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 33%
Energy: 38%
Status: Well, that was embarrassing. Burned (mild, 2% damage/round, 0.75x base power for physical attacks). +1 Special Attack.
Used: Charge ~ Shock Wave (blocked) ~ Quick Attack

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Health: 58%
Energy: 45%
Status: "RrrrRRRRRRRrrrr." Mildly paralyzed (12% failure chance). +1 Special Attack.
Used: Heat Wave ~ Protect ~ [paralyzed]

Arena Status
  • Nothing of note.

Damage and Energy
  • Amp's Health: 40% - 5% (Heat Wave) - 2% (burn) = 33%
  • Amp's Energy: 52% - 3% (Charge) - 1% (Light Screen) - 7% (Shock Wave) - 3% (Quick Attack) = 38%
  • Ceridwen's Health: 61% - 3% (Quick Attack) = 58%
  • Ceridwen's Energy: 57% - 4% (Heat Wave) - 8% (Protect) = 45%

Notes
  • Speed order: Amp (45) > Ceridwen (30).
  • this has been the low-effort reffings experiment brought to you by eif. don't pay me for this.
  • @Panini commands first.

Back
Top Bottom