• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

new Mystery Dungeon coming!

Thorne

It's feeding time
Article at Bulbanews
Seems like a new thing to go "OMG" about, let's hope the game have improved, and the story, in Explorers of Time/Darkness the plot could have worked without the main character being human to begin with, so let's hope that gets alot better.

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. When the first game in English comes out, it'll probably be early 2010 at worst, maybe October-November '09 at best. And that's only in the US. Besides, isn't a third Mystery Dungeon a bit overkill? Yeah, it's a popular spin-off series and all, and I quite like it myself, but the second installment was only released earlier this year.

I suppose it couldn't be all bad, though. After all, I've already gotten tired of PMD2, and I've had the extreme urge to start over again. Of course, I won't, because I keep reminding myself of that Mewtwo mission for Explorer's of Time that I can never get back.

Overall, I think I'm just trying not to get my expectations up, since, while I wouldn't call PMD2 a disappoint, it didn't keep me very interested long, and before I got it I could hardly wait and I was almost depressing myself because it felt like forever before I could get it. I wouldn't exactly call that "good times".

I know, I know, way to rain on everyone's parade. But still, that's my bleak stance on the subject.

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. When the first game in English comes out, it'll probably be early 2010 at worst, maybe October-November '09 at best. And that's only in the US. Besides, isn't a third Mystery Dungeon a bit overkill? Yeah, it's a popular spin-off series and all, and I quite like it myself, but the second installment was only released earlier this year.

I suppose it couldn't be all bad, though. After all, I've already gotten tired of PMD2, and I've had the extreme urge to start over again. Of course, I won't, because I keep reminding myself of that Mewtwo mission for Explorer's of Time that I can never get back.

Overall, I think I'm just trying not to get my expectations up, since, while I wouldn't call PMD2 a disappoint, it didn't keep me very interested long, and before I got it I could hardly wait and I was almost depressing myself because it felt like forever before I could get it. I wouldn't exactly call that "good times".

I know, I know, way to rain on everyone's parade. But still, that's my bleak stance on the subject.

I've never played PMD2, but I've seen Gametrailers.com's review, and just by looking at it I got a bit disappointed. But since Nintendo probably going to do it, we might just hope for improvements, such as:
  • A bit better, maybe faster gameplay.
  • A better story, the first one was great, but the second started with nearly an exact copy of one of the Zelda games.
  • All Pokémon available as characters.
  • You should be able to evolve before completing the game.
  • THE VILLAIN SHOULD NOT BE A LEGENDARY/DARK/GHOST TYPE!

I'd buy it if they made those improvements I'd buy it.

I don't mind it but I'd like it if they shook the plot up a little. The moment everyone started to hero worship Dusknoir I just thought: ...Yeah, he's the bad guy and Grovyle's the hero. A bit perdictable for me...

But yeah, something totally new. Screw losing your memory of being a human and screw only being a handful of Pokemon, mostly starters.

The moment everyone started to hero worship Dusknoir I just thought: ...Yeah, he's the bad guy and Grovyle's the hero. A bit perdictable for me...

...Way to spoil the plot for me D:

Spoiler tags, if possible, please.

Um... I'm sort of neutral towards this. I mean, sure, PMD is good, but it gets a bit repetitive what with the never-ending dungeons and stuff. As SE said, it's beginning to become overkill.

EDIT:

Wait...how did MD2 copy Zelda?

Presumably the fact that the character is washed up on a beach with little to no memory, rescued by a friendly character and then decides for one reason or another to go off on a journey. Almost identical starting plot to Link's Awakening.

Actually, I didn't. I knew that Grovyle was revealed to be good in the end, but Dusknoir? Evil? Nope. Never thought of that.

Odd that they would announce it so soon. After all, the only Pokemon that they would be able to add are Shaymin and Arceus...

Maybe Arceus features heavily in the plot?

-groans-

I don't see how they're going to improve on the mind-numbingly boring routine of 'explore dungeon, grab items, save X, repeat'. It was fun for the first eight or so dungeons, after that it made me wonder if there was really more to the game than that. I mean the bosses add variety to the game (there's actually an element of strategy in that) but really... eh.

* A bit better, maybe faster gameplay.
* A better story, the first one was great, but the second started with nearly an exact copy of one of the Zelda games.
* All Pokémon available as characters.
* You should be able to evolve before completing the game.
* THE VILLAIN SHOULD NOT BE A LEGENDARY/DARK/GHOST TYPE!

Well sure, the gameplay might be faster but plotwise? It's a pokemon game. I was surprised at PMD2's plot because it's the best (although cliche'd) plot that the pokemon franchise has really put into a game. I think you're asking for a bit much. I highly doubt you'll be able to get all pokemon available as a character and I doubt that evolution or villains will change.

I think it'll essentially be the same as PMD2, with a slight plot change and maybe a generation V teaser thrown in.

tl;dr: no thankyou >:|

-groans-

I don't see how they're going to improve on the mind-numbingly boring routine of 'explore dungeon, grab items, save X, repeat'. It was fun for the first eight or so dungeons, after that it made me wonder if there was really more to the game than that. I mean the bosses add variety to the game (there's actually an element of strategy in that) but really... eh.

Well sure, the gameplay might be faster but plotwise? It's a pokemon game. I was surprised at PMD2's plot because it's the best (although cliche'd) plot that the pokemon franchise has really put into a game. I think you're asking for a bit much. I highly doubt you'll be able to get all pokemon available as a character and I doubt that evolution or villains will change.

I think it'll essentially be the same as PMD2, with a slight plot change and maybe a generation V teaser thrown in.

tl;dr: no thankyou >:|

The original PMD had the best plot. It actually involved the character, the main villain wasn't a ghost/dark type(hell, there was no villain what so ever, hurrah for originality!) and it didn't involve magical items of great power. See my point?

Yeah PMD1 rules. I don't play it properly these days but when I'm bored and can't be bothered to battle properly in a Main Pokemon game I play PMD and walk around randomly as a Pokemon I like and make random stories out of it :D

The original PMD had the best plot. It actually involved the character, the main villain wasn't a ghost/dark type(hell, there was no villain what so ever, hurrah for originality!) and it didn't involve magical items of great power. See my point?

Er, wait a minute, what do you mean by involved the character?

Oh, and, newsflash, Dusknoir is pure Ghost, though I too often mistake it for Ghost/Dark.

EeveeSkitty said:
Yeah PMD1 rules. I don't play it properly these days but when I'm bored and can't be bothered to battle properly in a Main Pokemon game I play PMD and walk around randomly as a Pokemon I like and make random stories out of it :D

Heh, me too. In PMD1 I always made up ridiculous stories involving the Friend Areas.

And in PMD3, I hope they bring back friend areas. As annoying as they were to obtain, they were so awesome.

Presumably the fact that the character is washed up on a beach with little to no memory, rescued by a friendly character and then decides for one reason or another to go off on a journey. Almost identical starting plot to Link's Awakening.

Kairi, anyone? >:/

Heh, me too. In PMD1 I always made up ridiculous stories involving the Friend Areas.

And in PMD3, I hope they bring back friend areas. As annoying as they were to obtain, they were so awesome.

Yes, friend areas. Theyw ere always the place I go to for stories except for when my characters in PMD1 went to sleep in those flower patch things :D

Er, wait a minute, what do you mean by involved the character?

Oh, and, newsflash, Dusknoir is pure Ghost, though I too often mistake it for Ghost/Dark.

I didn't mean like that, I meant that the main villain was either ghost OR dark.
I knew Dusknoir was pure ghost, nothing new, really.

And by involving the character I meant that the player was a important part of the plot, while the player in PMD 2 didn't have a shit about anything with the plot.

I MEANT that in PMD 1, the player was actually an important part of the plot, he/she had something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom