• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gold & Silver Remake Thread

Eventual team: the exact same one I had in Crystal for its sake. |D

Typhlosion, Electabuzz, Noctowl (that'll be my third Noctowl), Golem (that'll be my third Golem), Espeon and Lapras. <333

Unless Electabuzz isn't available as early as it was in Crystal, in which case I'll go with Ampharos.

And look at the edge of the world map. It looks nothing like Johto.

Check this out. Looks quite a bit like Johto to me.

I'll try to translate the bit of Japanese thats shown to see if this could be real. I doubt it, but you never know.

EDIT:

That bit near the top literally translates to "jyouto", which would become "Johto" in english.
The version names look like tokinsuta- and toginsuta-, which translate to "Ten Gold Star" and "Ten Silver Star" respectively. The "to", or ten, part can also be translated in other ways, but none of them make any sense. Presumably, ten refers to the ten year anniversary of the games. The rest of it is really blurly and hard to make out, plus parts of it is cut off the page.

Last edited:
ayrote.jpg

BLASPHEMOUS LIES

(This is coming from the person who thought Platinum was a lie too though, so take it with a grain of salt.)

Anyway, dayum, but the Pokemon fandom's not falling for any tricks this time... right... guys? Anyway, it looks fairly convincing-- there's a map of Johto there, in Sinnoh style, which tells us one thing: they're probably going to just remap and rescript Johto using Sinnoh's engine, the lazy bastards. And we'll buy it, too, because we're oh so exploitable. It still doesn't kill my hope for an entirely new region in place of Kanto in the endgame, but then... Johto is joined to the Kanto continent, so my hopes are likely all for naught.

The version names look like tokinsuta- and toginsuta-, which translate to "Ten Gold Star" and "Ten Silver Star" respectively.

wow, do you mean the large トモンスター on the boxes? as in ポケットモンスター as in poketto monsutaa as in pokemon?

well, I did mix that up to begin with too, so... but no, the actual version names are below that. like I said, the lugia box starts with 'Ta' or 'Da', so I thought it might be 'DasukiGoorudo', but there's no way I can read the second kana as 'su' at all...

If you read the gold box, it clearly is shown, above the pokemon logo, as tokinsuta- in katakana. The silver box looks almost the same, partially due to its blurryness, so logically it must be toginsuta-...with gin meaning silver and kin meaning gold.

There is that bit that I can't read next to the Pokemon logo that's bugging me...the first kana doesn't suggest that the word is translated into "version", and the blurryness of the second kana prevents me from translating it. However, the word appears to be different on the silver box, so maybe that's the actual version name rather than tokinsuta-, which makes it both tokinsuta- on the gold and silver boxes. If that is true, then I have no idea what it means. -_-;

EDIT: Oh wait I'm an idiot. That says pokketo monsuta. >.> <.< What does the other kana say, since I'm so bad at reading Japanese?

ayrote.jpg

<Eevee> some dude I kinda know showed me over im
<Eevee> so could be totally bogus

speculate to your desire

oh, and from what I could make out, it's 'Ta-' or 'Da-'something Gold and blob Silver. The big characters at the top read 'Johto Region'.

Sadly this is fake.

EDIT: PK changed it. Basically the scan is fake because the Ho-Oh on the cover is just a still from Brawl.

Last edited:
oh pk-chan

you raise us ups and you lets us downs

Yeah, really. :[

Remember those fake starters PK made? Those were awesome.
I always thought it was pretty cool that there ended up being a triceratops Pokemon after all. :B

edit: I like Heart Gold and Soul Silver :<~ Soul Silver is like so awesome sounding.

Last edited:
YES they didn't use Dawn and Dusk

I think Soul Silver is really cool sounding. :D I love the Lugia-soul logo thing.

Last edited:
working on translating the page!!

"Pocket Monster" Series Brand-New Release! Fall 2009 Nintendo DS Decisive Product Launch!

"Pocket Monster Gold ・Silver" From Ten Years, A Rebirth "Heart Gold・Soul Silver" Product Launch This Fall!

The Pokemon Company (Public Relations Director: Ishihara Tsunekazu) states that their newest titles, "Pocket Monster Heart Gold" and "Pocket Monster Soul Silver", are scheduled for a new release Fall 2009.

"Pocket Monster Heart Gold・Soul Silver" mark a new appearance for the setting of the Johto region on the Nintendo DS in the series so far. Various features have been powered up, new functions have been fully-loaded, and the newest titles are completely under development. We are proud to say the original Game Boy series "Pocket Monster Gold・Silver" sold over 23,000,000 copies worldwide since its release in 1999. We hope the rebirth will do as well.

Merchandise Information
Pocket Monster Heart Gold
Pocket Monster Soul Silver

Sales Agency: The Pokémon Company
Producer: Nintendo Company
Studio: Game Freak
Platform: Nintendo DS
Genre: Role-playing Game
Release Date: Expected Fall 2009
MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price): Pending

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS sorry if there's a tinge of engrish

Well, the first Kanto Gym leaders had Pokémon in the thirties. They were a joke. Red was a sudden jump from the fifties (Blue) to the late seventies.

Only Janine had stuff in the 30s, but this is only a technical comment. I'm pretty sure it was to avoid the paradox of her having higher-level Pokémon than Koga.

To anyone who's complaining about the Leaders' and E4's levels, they were probably like that because the E4 was only the half way point- you still had 8 more leaders to go through plus Red, who had Pokémon at/around 70 iirc.

That said, they could at least bring Falkner's Pokémon up some. Seriously, a level 9 Pidgeotto?

They need to do something. Seriously, by the time I beat Lance, usually my team is ~36. I beat Red with a team ~48-52 :\

If they could expand the plot somehow, that would be fantabulous. Johto needs expansion because it is the focus of the 2nd Gen, however; they also need to make Kanto not seem like it was just a random afterthought as it is honestly quite a sloppily done place. I mean, look at the gyms... or what happened to Mt. Moon and Viridian Forest and Seafoam Islands?

I bet Red with a team of Lv55 and only trained to that level to evolve Pupitar.

I'm getting Heart Gold when/if it comes out, I'm more fond of it. Nintendo better keep Extremespeed Dratini in both versions...it was so awesome.

Heart Gold does sound very, very bad, but I'll be getting Soul Silver so it doesn't matter. [brick'd] I was personally waiting for there to be a 'Shimmer Crystal'. xD

You guys have no heart of golds. >:C -shot-
But yeah, I'm getting Soul Silver just like I did all those years back... Man. ;A; Epic nostalgia bomb.
XD The gyms were a joke. I mean seriously, I was like what? Second-Third grade back then? I couldn't even multiply and I beat the Gyms and E4 with a whiff.
Oh and also who remembers going mindlessly throughout the whole region just to get Raiku and Entei? |:

I actually like the names, and I'll probably be getting Soul Silver when it comes out... Or, uh... I CAN'T DECIDE! ASDFGHJKL;-;
Oh well, I have a whole year to decide xD

I'm glad they're coming out with a G/S remake, because I never got to play the 2nd gen.

Goldenheart and Silversoul run off the tongue a bit better, if you ask me, so fingers crossed that that's how they'll translate them as.

Still hoping they're not 100% remakes.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i am soooo excited

Finallyyyyyyyyy

The names suck, but who cares GOLD AND SILVER REMAKESSSSSSSSSS

I'm getting Heart Gold because Ho-oh owns.

I figured that I might as well bring this back, since nobody else has yet, and inevitably someone was gonna do it. So yeah, just post what you want in it.

Personally, I want them to do something to Falkner's Level 9 Pidgeotto, and raise the levels of Gym Leader and E4 Pokemon in general.
No, the levels are perfect. They are hnostalgic and allow you to complete the first half of the game without pulling your hair out. It's a whole lot better because you don't have to stop and train for hours and hours between Gym 8 and the E4.

Back
Top Bottom