• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Pokemon Brass and Bronze

I can't say I've ever heard of someone not using Word or OpenOffice first. Couldn't you at least write on paper?

Also, these people are great writers with great advice. Why won't you listen to them?

Also, to add to this...

Why are Satoshi-tachi (Ash & co) getting starters? They aren't new trainers.
Why is Kasumi (Misty) here? Why not Hikari (Dawn) or someone new?
Why are you relying on pictures? You're a writer; words should paint your pictures.
You said that it was pretty in Rose Town. Why is that, other than the flowers? Is there a beautiful smell? Is it a warm clear day? How are the residents happy?
Why is there a city called New Pewter City? Did the one in Kanto burn to the ground?

The Edit button is right there, waiting.

Words painting... I've heard that somewhere before... thanks for reminding.

Ash is just testing the new region's Pokemon.

Word, yeah, once in a while. OpenOffice isn't so good.

New Pewter City, Forrest is the gym leader and he misses the Kanto Pewter.

New Pewter City, Forrest is the gym leader and he misses the Kanto Pewter.

First of all, why the heck isn't Forrest running the actual Pewter gym? Isn't he supposed to be doing that since Brock is adventuring with Ash/womanizing.

like everyone else said, waaaaaaaaay more description. and when people ask for clarification, don't just tell them, write it into the story.

right. all in the next chapter. much more will be revealed.

I...don't think you're getting it.

You should explain it as soon as the confusion pops up, instead of explaining it later. Your job as the writer is to suck people in, to make them interested in your story and to keep them interested. If something confuses a potential reader, and it's not addressed in the story because the next chapter isn't up yet, then you could be driving them away. (unless it's purposely left that way, but since you're just telling us this stuff, it's clear that it's not supposed to be unknown. And plus that technique is only to be used in cases of plot twists and such.)

Plus it's just incredibly sloppy; editing something in is much better than just being like "oh yeah, and i forgot this and this and this" in the next chapter. That could also factor into whether someone would be interested in your story.

Back
Top Bottom