• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Actual Vanilla Mafia [Closed]

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Right, so, since VM's Vanilla Mafia was NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED, I thought that we still needed a good old regular, cookie cutter, standard, vanilla ice cream, mafia.

So here we go.

Roles will be decided by the numbers of players that join.

Roles will be taken from this list:

Mafia:

Don
Goon
Terrorist

Innocent:

Doctor
Inspector
Lover (They select their partner, who may be mafia... you never know)
Fishing Brothers

Other:
Alien

Should there be a lack of players roles that may be removed: Lover, Fishing Bro, Terrorist, Alien.

I may add roles as well if there is a large number of people. Roles not listed that may be added: Miller, Seer, Roleblocker, Mayor, Vigilante.

If you do not receive a role PM you are a vanilla townsperson.

Rules and Guidelines:
1. No out of thread communication.
2. Standard 48 hours for each phase. Extensions will be given at the GM's discretion.
3. Night actions that are not sent in will not happen.
4. Limit 3 abstains.
5. No deadposting or posting at night.
6. You may not quote your role PM.
7. You do not send in your night action for three nights in a row you will be modkilled. You may send in actions ahead of time or you may choose to hold your action.

Last edited:
Re: Actual Vanilla Mafia

Ahhh been a while need refreshed. Can fishing brothers talk outside? Do they kill that night, or night after? And is Seer different than Oracle or just a new name?

Wow been so long since I played straight-up mafia I forgot how :p sorry

How many vanilla townies will there be, if any?

Really depends on how many players join.

Ahhh been a while need refreshed. Can fishing brothers talk outside? Do they kill that night, or night after? And is Seer different than Oracle or just a new name?

Wow been so long since I played straight-up mafia I forgot how :p sorry

They get to one 'yes/no' question per night. Of course which ones they can ask are moderated, but yeah.

Thanks for being helpful...

A ratio, something would be nice?

Well, yeah. I mean, I listed all roles, which is ten, potentially. So if we get ten people, then no vanilla people. Twenty? Then I'll add the extra roles. Right now it seems as though we'll have ten, so no vanilla peeps.

I'd like to join this mafia, please.

If mafia newbies are allowed in this game

Everyone's allowed in this game.

EDIT: So we have our ten people and can technically start, but I'm going to wait a little while longer here. Anyone else who wants in, join now!

Last edited:

Right, since it's eleven people I'm adding the role of ROLEBLOCKER to the active role list.

Roleblocker at least makes it semi-fair. There is a small chance there may be one vanilla person, solely due to the choice of the Lover. Hopefully that will work out.

EDIT: Roles are sent. There is one vanilla townie. Rest have roles. Waiting on early night phase actions to start the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom