• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

if a ref has a test battle will it continue if the opponent is not with the forum anymore ?

Example: someone vs mai ( a ref that's doing the ref test battle ) ?

however mai might be away for good ( will the ref still need to ref the round or can it be called due to no opponent ? )

Under normal circumstances the battle would end in DQ, but as it is a test battle and it would be unkind to prolong the referee's attainment of a reffing standard, one of the other Advanced/Elite referees should probably step in.

Sorta related to what Zekrom brought up a bit above, I was in the middle of writing up a v. Mai battle and then the announcement happened. Should I just end the battle now? Or should I finish the reffing, post it, and let Mai get DQ'd?

Would a Sachet add Aroma Veil to a Pokémon's Abilities (like how Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse can make triple-typed Pokémon), or does it replace the Ability (like Mummy)?

The former, and same goes for all the other ability-granting items. That's what they mean by "in addition to all other abilities".

EDIT: Questions about what to do if your ref/opponent was banned will be answered soon.

EDIT 2: Ok I think it's safe to say that if a battler was banned, there's no point in waiting for the DQ time, and that if your ref was banned, you can post in the Emergency Ref Outpost. We'll figure out what to do about test battles in a bit, though.

Last edited:
What will happen to the pokemon of the ones that got banned ?

A Raffle ?
Lotto ?
Rng Drawing ?
Something else ?
Giveaway or something

It's probably a good idea to just not touch their Pokémon, in case it turns out any of them were innocent and they become unbanned.

Unused Pokemon aren't distributed as a principle. Pokemon belonging to banned trainers will be either kept in their account or removed. When a trainer opts to give their own Pokemon away, that's their prerogative, rather than default procedure.

About any ref test battles where an opponent was banned will the dq happen as soon as the tested ref does the round ?

or will a withdraw to re-test be needed for the refs that need a test battle to become a ref if the original person/opponet (mai) vs me & ref being tested is ( Gevaisa )

About any ref test battles where an opponent was banned will the dq happen as soon as the tested ref does the round ?

or will a withdraw to re-test be needed for the refs that need a test battle to become a ref if the original person/opponet (mai) vs me & ref being tested is ( Gevaisa )

Buddy, you have asked this question multiple times in at least three separate threads. Chill. Zhorken et al. are deciding on what to do, and I'm sure they'll make a post about it when they've finished.

what happened with the bug brawl ?

was the entire thing scrapped ?

The Question Box isn't the right place to ask about things to do with a specific battle. When you have a question about one battle in particular, you should direct your questions to that battle's ref.

And no, it hasn't been scrapped. There are 17 sets of commands to sort out and write up for the first round, and I gave the ref(s) complete leeway with DQ times because this is a huge amount of time and work. You should probably expect rounds for that match to take something more on the order of months each.

In-game, that would be Disable - as per how Magic Bounce/Magic Coat actually works, "the move is neutralized, and this pokémon uses the move against its opponent", Disable would be the last move the target used, and would thus be disabled.

I would assume it's the same here.

To pick up something I'm a thousand years late to answering:
if sleep talk is used would explosion be possibly be a random move used while its asleep ?
I definitely reffed a metronome battle that ended in some glorious fireworks, yeah. (...now I want to go read it again. I should find it.)

Explosion is a valid sleep talk choice in the games—generally, the only moves that aren't are multi-turn moves and other "calling" moves like assist—and so as it stands I don't see why it technically wouldn't be a thing that could happen here.
Explosion and Self-Destruct are perfectly rollable by Sleep Talk/Metronome, yes, but some battles ban Explosion/Self-Destruct -- where that's the case, neither move will be rolled by Sleep Talk/Metronome. (Tournament battles are as such, since "moves that KO the user" are out, so if you were asking because of that, well, there's this to add)

If Disable is reflected by Magic Coat, what move is disabled - Disable or the move used before Disable?
I'd make it the move used by the user before Disable. This is distinct from the in-game resolution, but more consistent with, well, common sense.

Would the 10% flinch rate increase from a King's Rock or Razor Claw apply to moves with non-percentage secondary effects, like Knock Off or Assurance? What about to multi-hit moves like Double Kick and Bullet Seed? If the latter, is the flinch chance calculated separately for each hit, or for the move as a whole?

Also, do Metal and Quick Powders apply to Ditto even after it's transformed? also when do we get sig attributes back

No, battles where the commands don't matter don't take up a slot.

That seems a bit odd to me. Isn't the point of the battle limit to make sure referees can't just ref a ton of battles for their friends and leave out other members in the process? As refs are still doing the same amount of work in a Metronome Battle, I feel like it should take up a slot.

Back
Top Bottom