• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What will happen after Gen.7?

bulbasaur

Not quite e^(-(x-μ)²/(2σ²)) / (σ√(2π))
Ever since generation one, we used a 3-digit numbering system (001 for Bulbasaur, 483 for Dialga, etc). So, around generation 8, we start to run out of numbers. Do you think Nintendo will break the tradition of using only three digits (and Bulbasaur be known as #0001, Dialga as 0483) or will it stop making new Pokémon?

Maybe the world will spontaneously combust.

(But I think they would just change the numbering system to #0001 etc.)

maybe they'll use negatives!

but really, the 3-digit system is the way it is because that's what is needed; they didn't decide the number after they decided the format.

(exception, of course, for gen 2, which I assume had only 251 because that's as many as would fit in a byte.)

By then numbers as we know them will have become obsolete.
You realize that in the past fifteen years, the number of pokemon has more than quadrupled? If they continue at this rate, they'll have made over a thousand pokemon by not seven and a half years from now.*
So you're expecting the decimal number system to die out before 2020?
I know technology is moving fast, but I don't think it's going THAT fast!

Though seriously, I expect them to add a new digit in front (as #0001) or maybe start back at one and put a suffix in back (as #001-A). Assuming they keep milking the brand for all it's worth.

*Calculated using mean pokemon introduced per year, discounting release waves

You realize that in the past fifteen years, the number of pokemon has more than quadrupled? If they continue at this rate, they'll have made over a thousand pokemon by not seven and a half years from now.*
So you're expecting the decimal number system to die out before 2020?
I know technology is moving fast, but I don't think it's going THAT fast![/SIZE]

Iii don't mean to be blunt, but I'm pretty sure Blastoise was joking.

Yeeaah, as everyone else has said they'll probably just shove the extra 0 on the front.

By then numbers as we know them will have become obsolete.

Surely not. In the past century alone, over 70 new numbers have been discovered. I'm sure numbers can stay one step ahead of Pokémon.

FRACTIONS
Yes!
22/7 is a pentagon Pokémon and 355/113 is an octagon Pokémon and 314159265258979/100000000000000 is a more sides than that Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom