• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon

Also, now that Serebii has posted clearer images of them, I'm curious about the concept art of all the vehicles (truck truck truck mew obtainable ingame confirmed). There's that yellow one that I think might be a fire truck since there's a blastoise/blastoise-shaped apparatus pointing cannons at something on the back, and there's what appears to be a pokémon ambulance. There's also a normal truck with several pokémon in the bed—one is pretty clearly furfrou, one is probably machamp, and I can't tell what the one in the back is. Between this and the concept art of the hotel (horsea fountain, spheal/staryu/chinchou banners over the arches, etc.), we might be getting a look at some of the returning pokémon.

please let the presence of machamp mean there'll be mega machamp, it and golem got left out :(

I still see people on fansites speculating that this is a Gen 6.5 or Z in disguise or whatever, but for me, the news that the Virtual Console RGBY can transfer to Sun/Moon and not XYORAS clinches that Sun/Moon is the beginning of a new Generation 7. There's no reason they couldn't have made the VC releases compatible with XYORAS unless they're doing something to adjust the structure of .pkm files in Generation 7 and they want it to be as smooth as possible merging in all these Gen 1-format files. Between that and how desperately the weekly anime (not even the movies!) is rushing through Zygarde's arc, there's no chance we're ever getting anything resembling a theoretical Z, in my opinion.

And since we're proceeding on with a new generation so quickly, I'm starting to honestly suspect the Zygarde formes and Ash-Greninja will be anime-only. I mean, I've been thinking for awhile there's at best a 50-50 chance the latter will get into the main series, but with no Z to spotlight more Kalos formes/Megas/whatever Ash-Greninja is supposed to be, I'm thinking they won't include it at all. The Zygarde formes are admittedly far more likely to debut unceremoniously in the background data of Sun/Moon, only accessible by transferring forward a Zygarde and talking to some random NPC to get some random new item, but I'm starting to wonder if there's an outside chance they, too, might not even make it into future main series games.

There's also a normal truck with several pokémon in the bed—one is pretty clearly furfrou, one is probably machamp, and I can't tell what the one in the back is.

Wooooooobbuffet!

the Pokemon Website said:
Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.
Seems there's not trading capability between XYORAS and S&M; it has to happen through Bank.

I think I was most interested in the concept art with the vehicles and various pokemon; to me it feels like outside of the anime you don't often see much human/pokémon interaction outside of a battling/training context, and for me, anyway, it would be cool to see a bit more of that going on in the actual handhelds. It's just concept art, so probably we won't actually see any of that, but come on, GF, cater to my worldbuilding desires.

Also, this might be the first generation where I actually buy both versions... I'd like to be able to play one through in Chinese.

(Heh, I was just on Serebii all like, "My, that's a lot of users online, that's fu--oh, wait.")

Where abouts in the direct did you see this bird and truck? I must have missed something :(

I'm wondering how transferring Gen 1 VC Pokémon will work. I doubt they've reprogrammed them to use modern stat mechanics, so maybe some sort of conversion goes on when you put them onto Bank?

When the first montage was running and it shows the word "connect" or whatever in a bunch of different languages and at the end it showed both Chineses I actually thought "huh, I didn't think Pokémon was in Chinese." IF ONLY I KNEW

@Murkrow: Same reason "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" is trademarked, despite not needing it because CoD: Modern Warfare has already been trademarked. Otherwise, bootleggers can sell *anything* under the name and get away with it.
That doesn't really explain how the bootleggers can get away with it though. Can't they not use the name Pokémon at all?

Honestly, I'm kinda starting to think that all the zygarde forms were a red herring of sorts! Obviously not in the "they don't exist" sense, but to make us think "oh my god z is happening" and then BAM SUN AND MOON

...no? It's just my crack theory, not entirely serious.

I'm excited!

Where abouts in the direct did you see this bird and truck? I must have missed something :(
I saw them in the Pokebeach summary post.

I'm wondering how transferring Gen 1 VC Pokémon will work. I doubt they've reprogrammed them to use modern stat mechanics, so maybe some sort of conversion goes on when you put them onto Bank?
It's an interesting thought... when transferring from RBY to GSC the stats were actually completely deterministic because the special defense IV was set be the same as the special attack IV and the gender was determined based from the IV spread as well. They didn't change the pokemon data structure at all in the virtual RBY games, so either a gender, ability, etc. will get assigned to them at random when they're sent to Bank, or there'll be some process that uses the underlying RBY stats to calculate them.

Honestly, I'm kinda starting to think that all the zygarde forms were a red herring of sorts! Obviously not in the "they don't exist" sense, but to make us think "oh my god z is happening" and then BAM SUN AND MOON

tbh I kind of wonder if there was supposed to be a Z and then Something Happened that caused it to get cancelled before an official announcement was made. I always wonder how much of what we see in terms of the games' release schedule is deliberate versus how much internal chaos goes on at GF that we aren't privy to. Software development is just full of drama, game dev especially.

my idea is that sun and moon have some way to interpret rby data structure that's different from xyoras... like, sun and moon have a "retro" aspect to go along with the 20th anniversary shiz, which i feel like was implied by "it all comes together" in the trailer

I don't go on other Pokémon websites so I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has had this theory but:

Games will be available in Chinese
Tate and Liza are Chinese
Their signature Pokémon are Solrock and Lunatone

Sun and Moon will be in a region based on China

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Negrek again.

Last edited:
I don't go on other Pokémon websites so I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has had this theory but:

Games will be available in Chinese
Tate and Liza are Chinese
Their signature Pokémon are Solrock and Lunatone

Sun and Moon will be in a region based on China

I saw a tumblr post recently with a plausible theory that the new region will be based on Spain, due to the Horsea/seahorse flag parallels in the reveals so far, but even though this China theory has fewer tenable points/a higher chance of not happening I think I like it better. I'm not sure why, especially since I haven't really been paying attention to the mainstream games and have yet to play ORAS, but I've always liked Tate and Liza and a new region where somehow they/their Pokemon tie in would be pretty cool.

I'm also hoping Solrock and Lunatone might get mega evolutions too (or maybe Espeon/Umbreon or another of the Eevolutions?) because of the sun/moon theme, along with the others that sort of got shafted in gen 6. I don't think it's too late to hope for a Mega Venusaur Y...

Haha, that would've been pretty cool. I hope they'll still play a role in Sun and Moon, though, since in my opinion they're pretty neat design-wise.

I saw a tumblr post recently with a plausible theory that the new region will be based on Spain, due to the Horsea/seahorse flag parallels in the reveals so far, but even though this China theory has fewer tenable points/a higher chance of not happening I think I like it better. I'm not sure why, especially since I haven't really been paying attention to the mainstream games and have yet to play ORAS, but I've always liked Tate and Liza and a new region where somehow they/their Pokemon tie in would be pretty cool.

I'm also hoping Solrock and Lunatone might get mega evolutions too (or maybe Espeon/Umbreon or another of the Eevolutions?) because of the sun/moon theme, along with the others that sort of got shafted in gen 6. I don't think it's too late to hope for a Mega Venusaur Y...

Spain makes sense. And if we cross our fingers they might pull a GSC and put Kalos in there as well.

Another mega Venusaur might fit, with one of them based around Solarbeam and the other one around idk Rest. Not sure they'd be called X/Y though.

The most likely thing I think we can guess is that there'll be a day/night cycle.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I assume they'll have something in place to stop you from transferring Missingno., but if the Mew Glitch works in the VC games then it'll no longer be an event only Pokémon from Sun/Moon onwards!

Last edited:
/vp/'s been making a pretty good argument about the game being set in Hawaii, which I'm completely on board with (I'm sort of infamous for my Hawaiian shirts and I exclusively wear boat shoes). I couldn't follow the general chaos too well but here:

1456534608372.jpg

maya 2015 masterrace

Okay, am i the only one pissed off about the names? It sounds like a shitty soundgame. "X and Y" had such a cool feel to it, and "Black and White" was a long time in the coming. This is just weird, it seems literally resorted to picking things that have opposites and slapping them under the pokémon logo.

Anyway, i'm pretty excited to see Bank integration with the new (old?) games. I didn't expect them to roll out generation seven already, though... especially not before unveiling Z? I feel like Z is a nigh inevitability at this point, given those unused zygarde moves. Although, i can't say i'm complaining, honestly... Those new zygarde formes were a disgrace.

Oh lookie there Lilycolo raised from the dead to talk about sun and moon

What im actually thinking is that, when it comes time to remake Kalos, theyll use the name Z. Because really if they used it up now theyd run out of names

Also im holding out for mega solrock and lunatone OR normal solrock and lunatone being like rattata and zigzagoon in route one

happy pokemon day yall imma go back to my coffin

I'm just gonna ride the hype train until these games are out, don't mind me. This is good stuff.

Oh and now the rumor mills will start up again! Fake CoroCoro "leaks"? Fake screenshots? "My uncle works at Nintendo and he told me everything"? BRING IT ON! There's nothing more entertaining than trying to guess what is real and what is fake :D

Wonder if this month's CoroCoro has any info on the games? I wanna see some new pokemon as soon as possible *u*

mega solrock and lunatone
yes please

Back
Top Bottom