• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Amoeba vs. Lucas755

Attacks and Abilities Guide said:
It takes less time and energy to charge during sunny day, and more during rain dance/sandstorm/at night.

But if it's used in the same turn, how is it possible to make it any faster under Sunny Day?

For the most part, reduced charging time doesn't matter that much, except in situations where it would make the attack more or less easy to dodge, or where one pokémon's attack depends on the execution of another (e.g. "after x pokémon uses solarbeam, you do y").

Personally, I wouldn't add an action to the attack during rain/sandstorm, but I consider it acceptable to do so.

PRE-ROUND FOUR:
Amoeba (OOO)

Cicada (M)
Compoundeyes
HP: 71%
Energy: 62%

"Why is that mole so angry?"
Silverwind/Protect~Night Slash/Protect~Dig/Protect

Lucas755 (OOO)

Diglett (M)
Sand Veil
HP: 78%
Energy: 59%
Sad and Angry
"If that bug thingy thinks he can steal MY green light, well he's got another thing coming!"
Scratch~Rock Slide~Rock Slide

ROUND FOUR COMMENCE

Oreku stretched looking around at the battle field, wondering why anyone in there right mind would be up this early, let alone him. He was sent here to relieve the ref who had so foolishly decided on eating a Twix bar and mucking up his mouth. Annoyed he handed Blaziking a glass of milk and gave him that “Take a hike” look. He then turned his attention to the matter at hand. The battle. He nodded, while taking a sip of his coffee, signifying that it was “BATALHAR ON!”

Seeing this, Diglett quickly took action, disappearing into the ground, burrowing frantically towards Cicada. Cicada, however did not make any attempt to move, he simply closed his eyes and focused his energy on creating a safehaven. He paid close attention to the vibrations of the ground, sensing exactly where the Diglett was. Slowly a small barrier was formed to his rear left side. It came not a moment too soon, suddenly Diglett shot up a small odd looking paw and made a feeble attempt to scratch Cicada, his paw struck out and made a dull thud on the barrier, his paw bouncing off of it feebly. Cicada chirped happily at his success at thwarting the mole, however he knew things were far from over.

As Diglett’s paw retracted back into the earth Cicada thought of his commands, instinct told him to protect again. His intelligence of the Pokemon Kingdom told him otherwise. Knowing another attempt would probably fail, he decided it was time to take action. He focused his energy into sensing the grounds vibrations, confident he knew where that blasted Diglett would appear, he began scuttling towards the valley wall. Time for some whack-a-mole He thought to himself. He began to scuttle faster, his fore-claws became pitch-black and glowed with an ominous purple aura. He felt the vibrations stop a few meters from the incline of the valley. He watched the ground closely and saw where the dirt was starting to become disturbed, he took a flying leap as Diglett began to emerge, and dug both fore-claws into the top of the mole pokemon’s head. Diglett screeched in pain as he felt himself being yanked from his tunnel. Cicada back-peddled with his hind claws in an attempt to pull Diglett from his underground haven, once he had pulled Diglett out a few more inches he freed his right fore-claw and dealt a devastating slash to the back of Diglett’s head. Blood sprayed freely and Cicada jumped back about a meter or so. To his surprise, Diglett giggled and disappeared back into the ground. Suddenly the earth’s vibrations became more and more intense. Cicada looked up in fear at the valley wall and saw trees and rocks becoming shaky. He turned to scuttle away, to save his own life, but it was too late. The valley wall came loose, and soon was sliding across the valley. It caught Cicada mid-scuttle and enveloped him with rocks, trees, and debris. Cicada was buried, dazed and confused at what happened, he was knocked unconscious by a large tree that caught him in the back of the head.

When he awoke, he faintly remembered the tree hitting him, and other than that he simply thought it was dark. He began to burrow his way to the top of the mound. On his way he sensed the enormous vibrations again. It would be work, but he was determined to not make the same mistake twice. While he scuttled he focused his energy once more into a shield. This is going to have to be comprehensive he thought to himself, as the vibrations grew more and more violent. He finally broke the surface of the mound. By this time he was completely enveloped in the white energy shield. It was no surprise when he was faced with another raging avalanche of dirt. Diglett was nowhere in sight, but it didn’t matter, all that mattered was survival. He latched onto the remains of what appeared to be a solid Oak tree and let the dirt flow over him. He held onto the tree for what seemed like eternity until the vibrations finally stopped. He slowly dissipated the energy shield, dirt gently filling in around him. Perhaps for the time being it would be safer to stay buried here. He dug a small burrow and waited for his commands. Meanwhile on the other side of the clearing, closer to the river, Diglett popped out of the ground to admire his work. There was an enormous pile of dirt that stretched completely across the meadow and actually had somewhat dammed up the river. Well, He thought to himself, impressed with his own work, that ought to make things more interesting. He also noticed that the back of his neck was definitely stinging, no matter though, he would just wait here and do what he was told.

POST-ROUND FOUR

Amoeba (OOO)

Cicada (M)
Compoundeyes
HP: 62%
Energy: 48%

"This is more work than it should be…"

Lucas755 (OOO)

Diglett (M)
Sand Veil
HP: 66%
Energy: 43%
Confident, but exhausted.
"My neck stings!"

Terrain Notes:
--Valley wall opposite of the river is now a sheer cliff.
--There is an enormous mound of dirt that has split the battle field in two.
--Said mound of dirt has also extended into the river, causing blockage. Water will begin to accumulate in the meadow. Rate of 1 inch for every two rounds. Think wisely and use wisely. :D

Ref Notes:
-- Night Slash was a critical hit. Doubled the six percent damage
--Assuming Cicada knows anything about its own movepool, he decided the risk of 2 protects in a row was too risky.
--The second protect had to be more comprehensive, added 1% energy to the equation.​

Lucas attacks
Amoeba attacks
I ref

--Assuming Cicada knows anything about its own movepool, he decided the risk of 2 protects in a row was too risky.

(Not sure if you're supposed to do that, but whatever.)

Okay, Diglett! Use Screech twice to lower his defense, then go in for a nice, strong, Rock Slide!

Screech ~ Screech ~ Rock Slide

(Yeah, I knew pokemon could use their own initiative sometimes, but I was suprised at how that turned out)

There aren't any easy ways to avoid screech without using protect, so perhaps it would be better to dig underground where you can at least miss the second screech. Explode upwards from beneath, and finally use protect after that.

Dig (under) ~ Dig (up, after screech) ~ Protect

It doesn't work like that. A pokémon will always at least attempt to take the action specified by its trainer's command, even if it knows that it will be a mistake.

Lucas: Yes, however my life has been crazy the past couple of days, so I will fix asap.
Ameoba: You do need to specify. Some trainers like to dig twice to get to what they feel is a safe place to Chill, or to set up some other attack from underground.

Round 4 should be fixed by Tuesday, and Round 5 should be up by Wednesday. Thank you both for your patience, as I know that this battle has been a headache to both of you.

Oreku

3vs3 pokemon
Set
2 week DQ
DC: 25%
Banned: OHKO, 1 direct recovery limmit per pokemon, no night-time exclusive moves (moonlight)
Arena:
A grassy field next to a shallow, wide river with fast, rushing water. The water has lots of dissolved rust so appears orange. There's a burnt out campfire on the grass. It's spring and a warm morning, there's blossom pettals falling from the trees and a cool breeze. To either side of the grassy plain and the river are valley slopes with old, tall trees. No particular benefits or hinderances except the obvious size restrictions in the valley (e.g. wailord) and the presence of water and the fact its daytime.
Team Amoeba
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Nincada
Cicada (Male)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Health: 62%
Energy: 48%
Commands: Dig ~ Dig ~ Protect
Healings: 0/1

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Diglett
(Male)
Ability: Sand Veil
Health: 66%
Energy: 43%
Commands: Screech ~ Screech ~ Rock Slide
Item: Soft Sand

Round 5 Begin!

Diglett is the first to move, opening an almost invisible mouth just beneath his nose and generating a harsh screeching sound, which manifests itself as a slight distortion in the air that heads straight for Cicada's location in the mound of dirt, where it is abosrbed, no trace of the sound reaching Cicada. Cicada himself begins moving, clawing and scrabbling at the dirt beneath him and heading deeper and closer to Diglett.

Not having a clue that Cicada has moved, Diglett lets out another harsh screech aimed at his previous location, which is soaked up by the soil once again. The referee looks closely in hope that Diglett might be shoved out of the ground and his body made visible, but no such luck - his tiny face contorts in pain as Cicada delivers a headbutt to some hidden part of his body, then Cicada claws his way to the surface.

A translucent shield of white energy forms around Cicada, and from there on out he stays absolutely still. Diglett concentrates, and several large rocks tear themselves free of the cliffside and hurl themselves at Cicada, only to hit the shield with a resounding THONK and then fall to the ground, one sliding off the top of the shield. The shield flickers and fades away, its purpose served. Both battlers suddenly notice that there is water surrounding them, albeit rather shallow as of yet.

Round 5 End!

Team Amoeba
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Nincada
Cicada (Male)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Health: 62%
Energy: 35%
Attacks Used: Dig ~ Dig ~ Protect

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Diglett
(Male)
Ability: Sand Veil
Health: 58%
Energy: 32%
Attacks Used: Screech ~ Screech ~ Rock Slide
Item: Soft Sand

Damage / Energy Calculations
Screech - 2% energy (accuracy roll 79, needed 85 or above to miss)
Dig - 3% energy (accuracy roll 11, needed 100 to miss)
Screech - 2% energy (accuracy roll 67, needed 85 or above to miss)
Dig - 8% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 100 to miss)
Protect - 6% energy
Rock Slide - 7% energy (accuracy roll 63, needed 90 or above to miss)

Notes
- First e-reffing, yay.
- The fact that Cicada was underground already meant that the both Screeches were nullified.
- The odd energy values for Dig were because it came up 7% total, but since it was used over two actions it was split up.

Arena Notes
- The valley wall opposite of the river is now a sheer cliff.
- There is an enormous mound of dirt that has split the battle field in two.
- Said mound of dirt has also extended into the river, causing blockage. Water will begin to accumulate in the meadow at a rate of one inch for every two rounds.

Post-battle notes / prizes
Okay, since Amoeba hasn't been on in over a year I'm going to just DQ him now.
Lucas755 recieves $8. Amoeba recieves nothing. Diglett and Cicada recieve 1 exp each, I think.
I recieve $12 for reffing. Seems like easy money.

Back
Top Bottom