• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] Windragon vs Zhorken (ref: Blastoise Fortooate)

okay fuck not good game yet i remembered that Magic Coat was priority, clearly

Counter that Jump Kick, then Dig after Destroyer and attack her as soon as she surfaces, looking for you. It's not really cowardly, so don't get yourself into a frenzy about cowardice and stuff! It'll cause her more pain, so it's good! Finally, just Recover. Expect some bright lights and stuff so try to stay in your hole or something and maybe don't look at her? We're going to do this, Sableye >:[

If Jump Kick misses, (:D??) just use uh.. Mud-Slap instead.

Counter/Mud-Slap~Dig (wait for Destroyer to dig)~Recover (to 41%)

EDIT: Recover to 41% health.

((Hmm! I thought of the Dig thing and I guess I was trying to cover that with "he might not stay put"... I mean I'd figure she'd /more/ likely be able to hear him if he's scrabbling around /in/ the ground than on it. Good idea, though; it's the biggest threat I was able to think of except maybe something creative with Counter + Seismic Toss. Eh, we'll see anyway.))

buneary.png
@
colbur-berry.png

Destroyer l Female l Limber
Health: 81%
Energy: 28%
Status: -2 SP.ATK Spited (4%) on Solar Beam and Drain Punch. Her arm is tired.
Thoughts: "Since when am I the one getting beat up?"
Commands: Jump Kick ~ Dig ~ Chill/Magic Coat/Foresight
Sableye.png

Male l Prankster
Health: 19%
Energy: 53%
Status: +1 SP.ATK +1 SP.DEF Foresighted (one more action), Taunted (two more actions)
Thoughts: "[click] + ow"
Commands: Counter/Mud-Slap ~ Dig ~ Recover

Destroyer, panting rather deeply and flushed underneath her fur, gathered her remaining energy and bounded forth once more. Her legs tensed for a moment, and she pounced, doing a flip in midair to bring the full force of her bottom-right paw into Sableye's face. The sound of her paw squeaking over his diamond eyes was drowned out by the gem-imp's scream of pain as he wheeled backwards, but he had been prepared. Fighting against the intense aches and pains, Sableye grabbed Destroyer's foot as she flew backwards and swung his arm over his pounding head, body thrumming with Fighting-type power. He slammed the kung-fu rabbit into the turf with an inordinate amount of strength; Destroyer's head left a crater in the soft ground as tears sprung to her eyes. Sableye let out a weak chuckle that grew slightly stronger when he felt himself shimmer back into mild intangibility. He might be down, but he wasn't out just yet.

Destroyer dropped to all fours at once, pulling pawfuls of grassy soil from beneath her at a blinding rate. In moments, Destroyer had sunken deep into the soil of the Dream Forest, leaving a cartoony tunnel behind. Still wracked with pain, Sableye followed suit with a raging , panther-like scream; adrenaline pumping, he formed gigantic shade-claws and manically assaulted the ground, spraying his trainer and a tree with wet sod in his frenzied pursuit.

Underground, Destroyer cocked an ear; she was breathing too heavily to use the full extent of her hearing, but it was still pretty impressive. She heard... clawing? It was entirely too close for comfort, so she sped up her digging and tried to locate the sound. These actions, however, were counter to one another, and soon she couldn't tell her own scrabbling from that of her opponent. Sableye was having similar problems, but his pointy ears were, luckily, specifically tuned to zero in on underground targets. This was the only thing that kept him from Earthquaking the whole place or something in his anger, so he continued to dig with revenge onn his mind. Destroyer, thinking that perhaps she was hallucinating the sound due to fatigue, followed her trainer's orders and dug almost straight up, to where the sableye had been standing before. She burst from the ground, ready to punch something again, but the shower of dirt cleared to reveal nothing but two holes, hers and the other one quite near her. As she glanced around with as much energy as she could manage, Sableye burst from the ground, slamming his enlarged energy-claws into the rabbit and sending her sprawling to the ground. Triumph lessened Sableye's pain a little bit, but he was still definitely on his last legs. He was looking even worse, in fact, since at that moment the manic gleam in his eyes faded and he felt altogether less enraged.

The two made for rather sorry sights, actually; a rabbit laying prone in the grass, chest almost heaving with exhaustion, and a sableye with more bruises than an abused banana. Destroyer, rather than get up and perform another impressive bout of martial artistry, continued laying in the soft, green grass. Sableye, meanwhile, had immediately spread over with blue and white light, pouring from his eyes and chest and healing his bruises. When it ended, he was only kind of spotty and his eye was no longer scuffed. He didn't know what a 'percent' was, and how forty-one of them was, but he did about half, he thought. As he looked over his newly healed body, Destroyer lanced red lasers over him, locking him, sadly, to the earth once more.

buneary.png
@
colbur-berry.png

Health: 42%
Energy: 14%
Status: [-2 SP.ATK] Spited (4%) on Solar Beam and Drain Punch.
Thoughts: "This grass isn't a half bad bed, actually."
Performed: Jump Kick ~ Dig (missed) ~ Foresight
Sableye.png

Male l Prankster
Health: 50%
Energy: 11%
Thoughts: "That was waaaay better than the berries."
Performed: Counter (Jump Kick) ~ Dig ~ Recover

Notes:

1. Counter and dig almost hit the damage cap. So close...
2. That was actually really close to being the end for a bit, with Sableye only having 4% health until Recover.
3. Counter did whopping damage because it was a super-effective hit.
4. I interpreted 'focus on attacking' as being slightly more focused on returning to the surface than a Taunted sableye wanting underground revenge. I also thought that a Sableye would have a slight edge on underground hearing, so. :/
5. Recover healed Sableye to 50% health, since that's as close as he could understand his trainer's orders.

Arena:

The grass is scorched, and the ground is littered with punched-looking sticks. There's a buuny-head-hole in the turf and two larger tunnels very close to each other. A bush is rather damaged. A woman is dreaming about a horde of flying trainers attacking three legendaries. Crazy, huh?

Next round:

Windragon attacks.
Zhorken attacks.

Last edited:
Eh, no biggie. I should've been more explicit.

... Come to think of it, though, can you actually use Recover with a target health percentage?

EDIT: Also, does Counter actually inflict super-effective damage? I was under the impression that it ignored type matchups (aside from immunities), being set damage and all.

Drain Punch the rest of his energy away, unless you don't have the energy left to survive it yourself, in which case you should Chill. But I don't think that'll need to happen.

Drain Punch/Chill ×3

((EDIT: Drain Punch's A&A Guide entry doesn't say anything about draining energy, but Negrek says it can. Also note that it's up to 75 power as of B/W; I think you were using the old 60 BP last time or else it would've broken the sub in one hit...))

buneary.png
@
colbur-berry.png

Status: [-2 SP.ATK] Spited (4%) on Solar Beam and Drain Punch.
Thoughts: "This grass isn't a half bad bed, actually."
Commands: Drain Punch/Chill ×3
Sableye.png

Male l Prankster
Energy: 11%
Thoughts: "That was waaaay better than the berries."
Commands: Captivate ~ Toxic ~ Confuse Ray

Still giggling tiredly from the headrush of his sudden recover, Sableye launched into a tirade of butt-wiggles, gem-polishing, and other traditional sableye courting rituals of that ilk. Destroyer blinked confusedly for a moment, but despite her aching bones she couldn't not renew her previous observations of how sexy that little imp could be. She allowed herself a few moments to more closely inspect the unsettlingly hot maneuvers before she performed her own orders, glad she didn't have to zap the handsome thing or something. Instead, she simply had to do more punching! [sarcasm]Yay![/sarcasm] She made her hoppy little way over to the sexyfine opponent and popped him one, her glowing paw doing no physical damage but sapping out his energy instead. Sableye staggered, looking much less sexyfine now. He was, in fact, wheezing and bent over on his knees. He attempted to metabolize up some deadly poisons to fling his opponent's way, but with a particularly loud cough and a bit of purplish dribble, Sableye fell forward and unconscious. Destroyer punched the air and immediately rubbed her sore arm; she glanced about for a moment, nuzzled against her trainer's leg, and scampered back into the forest after being handed a leppa berry for her trouble by the referee.

buneary.png
@
colbur-berry.png

Thoughts: "Is that a pidgeot up there in that tree?"
Performed: Drain Punch ~ n/a
Sableye.png

Male l Prankster
Energy: 0%
Thoughts: zzzzz
Performed: Captivate

Notes:
1. Drain Punch took out the last of Sableye's energy, mostly because it was super-effective.

Arena:

The grass is scorched, and the ground is littered with punched-looking sticks. There's a buuny-head-hole in the turf and two larger tunnels very close to each other. A bush is rather damaged. A Blastoise is dreaming of getting out of this forest, finally. He has ice cream to buy!

Last edited:
It's $10/$5/$15 respectively for this battle. Also, WOOOO! This was fun.

Last edited:
Ah, good game :0 I think at the end my plan was for you to Magic Coat everything and KO yourself? That worked hahaha.

It's $10/$5/$15 respectively for this battle. Also, WOOOO! This was fun.

... Alright, but why?

When all is said and done and a battle ends, all those involved get a prize. The winner of a match earns $8 per pokémon that their opponent sent out against them, and the referee earns $5 times the number of pokémon the loser used. The loser receives $3 times the number of pokémon the winner had to use to defeat them.

Is it a tournament thing, or am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom