• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Prisoner! Interest/OOC (closed)

For your convenience, the in-character thread is here

Word from Akesh:

Since hardly anyone gave their opinions in my earlier topic, I have gone ahead and plotted a scenario. Thank you to everyone who contributed, and thank you too, EmDee, for the heads up. I shall still see what this place has to offer with regards to creativity.

There are no fantasy races, pokemon or half-breeds in this scenario; You can be human only.

The story starts in the depths of a prison. Each character wakes up with no memory of who they are, where they came from, or what they're doing there. Each of them has been modified at the genetic level for either massive strength, or speed and agility, or the ability to manipulate computer systems remotely. Not that they realise it at first. Each of them has a name tag.

When they get out (and they will get out) they find that they are in a bustling metropolis of hi-rise tenements formed from concrete, steel and glass. Walkways cross the air above many of the city's buildings, and a massive dome closes it off from the sky. The air outside has apparently become toxic from pollution, and no-one is willing to set foot in the tunnels leading to the surface to check. Hover drones, equipped with mounted machine-guns, and human security patrols, armed with tasers and high-powered weaponry, keep the peace.

Despite the apparently idyllic nature of the place, a rebellion has formed. This small band of fighters often cause chaos and riots in the streets in an attempt to spread dissatisfaction with the current regime. The inner circle of the rebellion are rumoured to be aberrations; mutants from the surface world.

There are several other cities, but they are accessible only by an underground network of tunnels. Only the five capitals have access to true sunlight; all others have electronically simulated day and night patterns.

Skill rundown

Strength: A character is able to pick up things that lesser mortals could not, and is especially deadly in hand-to-hand combat. It is the same level as a particularly strong bodybuilder. I don't want people throwing cars, or each other, through buildings. Strength does not necessarily mean endurance; a character with the strength mutation will not be able to keep up with a Stealth character.

Stealth: A character is quick and agile, though not particularly strong. They are able to instinctively use the skills of parkour to avoid pursuit, and have the same amount of endurance as a long-distance runner. They are also able to move silently, even while running.

System Hacking: A character is able to access and manipulate the flow of data through any computer system; even bypassing security passwords. If they are close enough, they can even attempt to subvert a robot to their will. Hacking requires time and concentration, and leaves a character vulnerable to attack.

I don't like character sheets much. I prefer just diving in. However, I need a certain amount of information for foreshadowing in the first post, so I'll just ask for an extremely basic rundown of your character. Nothing too strenuous. Don't worry about how many people have a certain mutation; if you all want super strength, that's fine. Same with the other two.

Character sheet

Name:
Appearance: (No pictures. Seriously, if you can't describe your character with words, why are you writing?)
Mutation: (Strength, Stealth or System Hacking)

Rules:

Each post must contain at least 5 full sentences, with mostly correct punctuation and spelling. That's right; I require at least a paragraph per post.

No controlling a character other than your own; not even an NPC, unless you made it up yourself or have permission.

No using outside knowledge for your character. This includes, but is not limited to, making your character respond to information s/he could not possibly know, seeing and knowing everything that happens around you and responding to the thoughts of other characters.

No Sue-ing. No Stu-ing. No Spotlighting. No-one is loved by everyone, nor are they always the centre of attention when performing a mundane task. I have yet to meet anyone who will watch and applaud someone's haggling skills, for example, unless they're trying to get that person into bed.

I really hate to do this but... Nothing written is to be over PG-13.

Ah, well. Bang goes my trademark violence and gore.

Characters:

CHARACTER SHEET:
Name: Horatio Bastarica

Appearance: Horatio moves with a confidence and purposefulness that betrays what kind of person he is: he's the cold, businesslike, efficient type, who has the word "official" printed all over his face. He is a stern-looking middle-aged man, with facial features that seem to suggest that he's very serious about this, whatever "this" may be. He boasts a lean muscle underneath his tall and slim demeanour, and - especially considering his genetic enhancements - he is remarkably more powerful than you might expect when you first look at him. His eyes are a dull green colour. His head is shaven, but it looks pretty good on him, actually...

Mutation: Strength

Name: Frankie (she assumes it's short for Francine; the name tag didn't have any more than 'Frankie' on it)

Appearance: Six foot two and muscular, Frankie is not what you'd call inconspicuous. With well-muscled arms, shapely legs, and a six-pack, the fact that she could snap someone's neck with her bare hands really isn't much of a surprise. Her face, framed by long golden hair, is actually rather pretty, if you can get past the fact that the look in her stone grey eyes is almost perpetually one of restrained fury that could become unrestrained at any given moment. She's also rather well-endowed and looks like she's in her early twenties, though most would compare her attitude to more of a sixteen-year-old with far too much adrenaline than is healthy.

Name: Safira
Appearance: She has brown hair that she prefers to keep straight. Safira is also short, about four feet eight inches tall. She has shimmering blue eyes, and she often wears a pink shirt with a few darker squares on it, and black pants. Nothing too complicated.
Mutation: Stealth

Oh, this sounds interesting >:}D

Name: Trace Hodoka
Appearance: Very feminine in appearance, Trace is often mistaken for a girl (and people even call him Tracie some times). He's short, about 5 feet, and skimpy, with smooth skin to boost his feminine appearance. His hair is a wavy chestnut brown that usually never goes past his ears. For clothes, his norm is usually a stripped button up shirt the covers his arms, and looks like it came from 'a touch of trash' day. His pants on the other hand, look like regular blue jeans that come from 'a touch of class' day.

Name: Kati

Appearance: Kati has long, black, messy hair, and despite her efforts, her much-shorter bangs tend to fall over her eyes. Her dark brown eyes, always locked in a glare, have an almost feverish light in them. Her expression, which is either a savage grin or a snarl – it’s hard to tell – show her slightly crooked teeth. She is also quite short and thin, and without that healthy layer of fat, doesn’t have any curves to really speak of. When combined with her youthful facial features, she looks younger than—however old she is; she doesn't know exactly, except that it's somewhere in the -teens. Though her usual stance is almost completely relaxed, her hands are always tense.

Name: Terence
Appearance: Four foot two and of medium build, this man is dwarfed by most other people. This gives him a somewhat harmless air, since he's roughly the same size as a child. He is twenty-nine with blonde hair and pale-blue eyes, hates jokes about his height and is decently placed to punch someone in the crotch with his stubby little fists. This happens often.
Mutation: System Hacking

Last edited:
Re: Prisoner! Interest/OOC

What! No violence and gore? What's the point of having superhuman strength if you can't use it to rip people's various appendages off? What's the point of hacking robots if you can't compel them to rip people's various appendages off? What's the point of parkour if you can't use it to rip people's various appendages off?

Alas.

CHARACTER SHEET:

Name: Horatio Bastarica

Appearance: Horatio moves with a confidence and purposefulness that betrays what kind of person he is: he's the cold, businesslike, efficient type, who has the word "official" printed all over his face. He is a stern-looking middle-aged man, with facial features that seem to suggest that he's very serious about this, whatever "this" may be. He boasts a lean muscle underneath his tall and slim demeanour, and - especially considering his genetic enhancements - he is remarkably more powerful than you might expect when you first look at him. His eyes are a dull green colour. His head is shaven, but it looks pretty good on him, actually...

I know! It blunts the entire point of having the mutations if you're doing it in a forum which has potential children running around.

One person more and we can start.

Edit: Whoops!

Name: Terence
Appearance: Four foot two and of medium build, this man is dwarfed by most other people. This gives them a somewhat harmless air, since he's roughly the same size as a child. He is twenty-nine with blonde hair and pale-blue eyes, hates jokes about his height and is decently placed to punch someone in the crotch with his stubby little fists. This happens often.

Last edited:

...I think I'll be able to survive without ripping limbs off. Crushing bones is far less bloody, anyway, and still pretty satisfying.

Name: Frankie (she assumes it's short for Francine; the name tag didn't have any more than 'Frankie' on it)

Appearance: Six foot two and muscular, Frankie is not what you'd call inconspicuous. With well-muscled arms, shapely legs, and a six-pack, the fact that she could snap someone's neck with her bare hands really isn't much of a surprise. Her face, framed by long golden hair, is actually rather pretty, if you can get past the fact that the look in her stone grey eyes is almost perpetually one of restrained fury that could become unrestrained at any given moment. She's also rather well-endowed and looks like she's in her early twenties, though most would compare her attitude to more of a sixteen-year-old with far too much adrenaline than is healthy.

Name: Safira
Appearance: She has brown hair that she prefers to keep straight. Safira is also short, about four feet eight inches tall. She has shimmering blue eyes, and she often wears a pink shirt with a few darker squares on it, and black pants. Nothing too complicated.

Oh, this sounds interesting >:}D

Name: Trace Hodoka
Appearance: Very feminine in appearance, Trace is often mistaken for a girl (and people even call him Tracie some times). He's short, about 5 feet, and skimpy, with smooth skin to boost his feminine appearance. His hair is a wavy chestnut brown that usually never goes past his ears. For clothes, his norm is usually a stripped button up shirt the covers his arms, and looks like it came from 'a touch of trash' day. His pants on the other hand, look like regular blue jeans that come from 'a touch of class' day.

Mark it with the appropriate rating for violence. :D?

Name: Kati

Appearance: Kati has long, black, messy hair, and despite her efforts, her much-shorter bangs tend to fall over her eyes. Her dark brown eyes, always locked in a glare, have an almost feverish light in them. Her expression, which is either a savage grin or a snarl – it’s hard to tell – show her slightly crooked teeth. She is also quite short and thin, and without that healthy layer of fat, doesn’t have any curves to really speak of. When combined with her youthful facial features, she looks younger than—however old she is; she doesn't know exactly, except that it's somewhere in the -teens. Though her usual stance is almost completely relaxed, her hands are always tense.

So... six characters. I was hoping for more than two others aside from mine, so this is excellent.

The In-Character thread will be posted up in about a day or so as I work through the sheets and add certain parts of their details to the first post. I've not played with any of you before, as far as I know, so this will likely be full of unexpected surprises.

As of now, unless someone drops out or simply doesn't post, this roleplay is closed to new applications. When it is ready, I shall post a link to the in-character thread here. I shall also place it at the top of the first post for the sake of convenience.

I hope you enjoy the thread.

Edit: Waitaminute. There's a rating for violence?

Last edited:
Er, not really, I meant do something like "Rated immature for violence, death, torture, blood, gore, etc" or "Warning: Violence abounds" if you expect it to get that bad. Appropriate rating would be like rating it M or R or ... whatever the ratings are, although a violence warning probably means more. Stick it in the title, ugly though it may look, and we can rip of limbs and heads and throw them at people.

Although if not couldn't we still rip off limbs and just under-describe it? :D
"Kati slashed his throat, barely flinching as the blood sprayed onto her face and clothes, then ran to catch up with the others."
"The robot pulled the woman's arm straight out of its socket, then pulled harder until the rest of the limb tore away. Then it continued on to open the door."
"The piles of rotting corpses smelled bad, so Colette plugged her nose and walked faster."

Means that actions will have to happen in place of description, but. *shrug*

Are you still accepting? May I PLEASE join? PLEASE?? If so, here's my sheet.

Name: Kiki
Appearance: Kiki has a long, red ponytail that tends to sway as she walks. It goes about to her knees. She has large brown eyes and, standing at 4'3" and quite skinny, is often mocked for her small size. She wears a tight black t-shirt and black gauchos, which contrast with her pale skin. When she is deep in thought, she strangely looks like she is about to cry. The rest of the time, she bears a soft smile.

Back
Top Bottom