• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is it worth getting a Wii U?

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
E3's over and I'm really tempted to get a Wii U.

There's going to be a Zelda and a Starfox, and Hyrule Warriors. What other games are there? Are those of you who already have one happy with it?

One thing I'm considering doing is buying Wii U games as they come out and play them in years when the next console comes out. If it isn't backwards compatible/there isn't one, then I'll get a Wii U preowned. If I do that then I'll be skipping games that are primarily multiplayer like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros.

Unrelated: If there any any North Americans here who bother with entering club nintendo codes online, I have a spare one if you want it.

I really like Pikman 3 personally. Of course, Earthbound is also only on Wii U.

I personally only have a few games myself. I'm looking forward to the new Xenoblade game, personally.

You should get one if you want Super Smash Bros 4 which come out this Winter or a 3DS if you want that version. I don't know why Wii U slumps in sales cause from What I have seen and I have played Zelda the wind waker a few months ago and that game was pretty cool. I did not get far but it was fun. Also you can play Wii U while your family watches TV or surfs the internet if you have an internet TV as well. Wii U comes with a Tablet computer that is tied to Nintendo and you can play your Wii U on that but your range is only like 10 feet so you can't go anywhere outside your living room or kitchen though depending on how your house is designed.:)

I have a Wii U as a Christmas gift but it's in the front room so can't play it on a whim... I've had plenty of fun with Pikmin 3 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze though. I think it definitely has some good games but I moreso gravitate towards 3DS.

I played with the Wii U a couple days ago at my birthday party; a friend of mine brought it with Mario Kart. I don't own one, but by the looks of it, it's better to at least wait for Smash Bros. That way, you have at least two games you will frequently play on the Wii U. That's the problem with the Wii U; the big first party releases are too far apart.

I think the best bundle out there is the Zelda one: you get a black 32 GB Wii U with a gamepad that has a special design, and a downloadable copy of Wind Waker for $300.

I'd rather not buy in just for Mario Kart and Smash Bros, since those are the kinds of games that are best at local multiplayer, and I don't have friends so there wouldn't be much of a point.

And yeah, I've heard good things about Pikmin and Xenoblade. If I get one I'll probably give those a try. The first Xenoblade is on the Wii, right? Is that worth getting?

Nobody seems to have commented on my buy-games-now-but-wait-for-the-next-console plan. I take it that that means it isn't a plan so bad that I should feel bad?

Also nobody has claimed that club Nintendo code yet, in case someone still wants it :P

I'd like the code. Could you PM it to me?

I don't think buying games now is a good idea. Nintendo won't release another console until the Wii U starts picking up its slack.

I'd like the code. Could you PM it to me?

I don't think buying games now is a good idea. Nintendo won't release another console until the Wii U starts picking up its slack.

Sent

My reasoning is, if I wait until the next console comes out it'll be harder to find the games that come out now because the selves will have newer games, both for the Wii U and whatever the console after it is.
Heck, I'm having trouble finding games for the 3DS that came out less than a year ago.

Also, if I wait then if I do find them they'll most likely be preowned and shops that sell good preowned games rarely make them all that cheaper than they would be if they were new. If I buy them new the money should make its way to Nintendo so even if I don't have a Wii U, I'd still be supporting it.

I'm not a stranger to buying games and not playing them either. My main gaming platform at the moment is a laptop. An average one at that. I play indie games and old games but I do have quite a few newer games that I don't even try playing, I just leave them and I'll play them when I get a decent desktop.

The Wonderful 101 is a... wonderful game. everyone should play it at least once

also yes, Xenoblade is very much worth getting if you can afford it. hands down one of the best RPGs i've played in recent years, and there's enough to keep you busy for at least a month. just note that Xenoblade Chronicles X is not a sequel, it has no relation to the original outside of name and gameplay, so while it's not necessary, playing Xenoblade can give you a greater appreciation for X in the long run

there's also Donkey Kong, and Super Mario 3D World is fun and challenging not only by yourself, but with friends too. best part is that it's not aggravating like New! Super Mario Bros. Wii either

and if it's your type of game, there's also Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. if action games are your thing, Bayonetta's also worth looking into; physical copies of Bayonetta 2 will be packaged with a Wii U version of the original, so there's more incentive on top of it just being an overall fantastic game to begin with

Back
Top Bottom