• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Names?

Eeveelution

Among the few morons with straight A's.
What crazy nicknames have you given Pokemon? My favorite would be the one I gave my Giratina. "'A Pokémon that is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours. It appears in an ancient cemetery.' Sounds creepy... I think I'll name it Tina!" xD

Let's see. I have a lot of crazy ones. Including.... *gets Emerald*
Zleana the Nuzleaf, who was renamed Tayuya :3 and another Nuzleaf, Leneaz; Geen the Goldeen, Garil and Laril the Marill; Leefhat the Lotad; Shuppe2 the Shuppet; Snuntow the Snorunt; Megnat the Magnemite; Mousachoo the Pikachu; Ginzoon and Goonga the Zigzagoon; Danshroom the Shroomish; Seedom the Seedot; (this one made me go WTH) Kluxie the Geodude; Taliarr the Altaria; Naruto the Natu (I have no idea what he has to do with it, not to mention the fact that I already have another Ninetales named Naruto); Tropicana the Tropius; Tunabird the Xatu; Stuya the Staryu; Centatool the Tentacool; (I put this one here because it's cute) Mudderwash the Grimer; I actually like the name Supernova the Bagon; Prisnir the Pinsir; Rafargigi the Girafarig; Dohdoohoh the Doduo; and Rahross and Hrocss the Heracross. But seriously, that's not all. Those are just the craziest.

U R Gay the Treecko. I loved it when battles and stuff went like this.
"GO! U R Gay!"
There were other stupid stuff I named my Pokemon on that Sapphire. But the rest are mostly inappropriate and stuff... So yeah. And you don't even want to know what I named the character on that.

there was a time when I was an inexperienced trainerling and I'd notice that the trainers on Pokemon Stadium all had weird naming schemes for their pokemon. I decided it would be a brilliant idea to follow some off-the-wall naming convention. I made sure that all of my pokemons' names ended in... "-zilla".

Not sure why. "Charzilla" sounded decent, but I ran into problems when I found pokemon with similar names e.g. Electabuzz and Electrode. I think I ended up naming 'buzz "Electazilla" and Electrode "Rodezilla", which sounds kinda stupid.

Nowadays I don't nickname my pokemon.

I remember one Leafgreen run I named the first pokemon I caught after Legendarys..
Butter the Butterfree...
Dale the Sandslash (I was watching king of the hill when I got it.. lol)
Eggbert the Exxecute x3
Potato the Horsea
Asparagus the Magikarp x3
Tooblz the Kabuto (I don't know)
Cheesecake the Delibird (Not named after our cheesecake!)
Nubbins the Piloswine (Reason eludes me)
Milkeh the Miltank x3
Pincheh the Trapinch
Bean the Barboach (He narrowly avoided the name "Beer".. which would've been more hilarious ):)
Luveh the Luvdisc (I want to get one named <3)
Relirice the Relicanth (A tradition since Sapphire)
Ringyding the chingling (Oh, that just sounds so... Ringy! :D)
Shnozz the probopass xD

Nothing much else interesting in my PMD EOD, and It's all I have with me now..

Oh yes, and I also have a trend to name the first Sharpedo I catch "SHARKATTAK." :) It usually turns out to be female. :|

Herpes the pikachu! XD I then traded it for a skitty in sapphire, I gave herpes to a little kid.
WTF the kangaskan, beaner the ludicolo, retard the magikarp, pi the butterfree
creepy the happiny, ugly the shroomish, lazy the slakoth,
MR.Waggles the poliwag ^^, freeza the piplup, moonshine the absol,
angry the paras, mad the starly, AHH! SCARY! the spoink, and many others~

I remember when I first played Red, I named my Charmander "Flamepkmnmn" the pk and mn were one symbol. It was annoying because I couldn't figure out how to change it.

Names...

kl00ber the Kyogre in Emerald. Love him to bits.
Also, there's random the Venasaur, What A! the Marowak, Phoenix the Empoleon, Edgeworth the Luxray, Franziska the Staraptor, Larry the Psyduck...

And I can't remember anyone else. Nicknames are fun~

Ho ho the Ho-oh. Eve the Eevee. Skittles the Skitty. They all are like the Pokemon's real name. Butterfly the Butterfree[what?]. I'm very uncreative.

From ES

POWERBUG

POWERBUG

damn I wish I was as creative as you back then :P

(edit: not sarcasm, that's dead serious. Powerbug is an awesome name... much better than "weedlezilla")
Totally agreed. Powerbug is an amazing name.
Ho ho the Ho-oh.

This is fun to say. Ho ho. Ho ho. Ho ho used sacred fire. It's so sing-songy. :D

I hardly ever nickname my Pokemon. Recent examples include Mr. Digger the Diglett and Lazy Bum the Snorlax. The sort of practical names that get the point across.

One time I named a Caterpie ' '. Seriously, I just hit the blank as many times as I could before hitting end when I was 7 or so. I'm not really sure why, but it's the strangest name I have ever used.

Amputee the Hoothoot (cmon guys I was 8 :( )
Television the Xatu (Television means Farsight. Xatu sees everything. Huzzah.)
Sacrifice the Gardevior
Brasegali the Blaziken & Vipitus the Seviper, simply because I felt very uncreative.
Wanderer the Absol, very vauge reference to 'The Host' by Stephinie Meyer.

Snow Angel the Exploud(wtf?)
Ronny the Treecko.
Sabaser the Seviper.
Stilireg the Registeel.
Pachi 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... the Pachirisu.
Abzy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... the Absol.
Meerca(the neopet) the Swampert(wtf?)
Bisquit(with a q) the Sneasel.
Release the Houndoom. (Release the Houndooms!)

On FireRed, I gave all of my Pokémon crazy nicknames (not that crazy in the case of the ones in my team, but I gave every Pokémon I caught a nickname and it was often just the first thing I thought of after some weird train of thought). I think some of the very weirdest was that I named a Pinsir "Lemon"; the reasoning went Pinsir -> Beetle -> The Beatles -> John Lennon -> Lennon -> Lemon.

...wait, how did I get a Pinsir on FireRed? o_O

Nowadays I give all my pokemon relatively stupid names, so here are some of the dumbest:

Dallisog the cranidos
Corn the lugia
Pucklapgus the illumise
Kneepull the nuzleaf
Lubfulp the volbeat
Cow the croagunk
Plantation the uxie
Mr. Charls the snover
Quincy the chingling
Binder the chimecho
Tom??? the mime jr.
Crumbglutt the gastrodon
Glumcousin the skorupi
Dad the floatzel
Chunky CD the wormadam
Crumfrench the gastrodon
Lunch the lickilicky
Hogsmith the lucario
FG? Sull! the cacturne
Quaint the lapras
Hysterical the magikarp
Unicorn! the weavile
PANTastic the phanphy
Estudiante the skarmory
Mr. Poop the lumineon
Bathtub the wailmer
Tiffany the octillery
Purpfart the ratatta
Pantsneck the girafarig

and I have about eighty pokemon named "Chuckles", because for a while I gave that name to every wild pokemon I caught. I'm not quite sure why.

While we're on the topic of names, I just caught a shiny Shinx (not by chaining, fwee!) and wanted to know: what's the name of a famous female Egyptian person?

Back
Top Bottom