• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frosting! (previously Icing!)

Say you're ordering a birthday cake. Do you ask for whipped icing or buttercream?

• Whipped

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Buttercream

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • What the hell are you talking about?

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice
This is a very important question.

I am one of the seemingly few people who actually likes whipped. :V

Last edited:
Re: Icing!

SCREW YOU AND YOUR FANCY TOPPINGS

I EAT MY CAKE PLAIN

No, really, I do. I hate both. xD

Icing that has been whipped :V It has more of a whipped cream/Cool Whip-like consistency than buttercream.

Last edited:

Buttercream.

I dunno, whipped just... tastes weird. It's like, got some sort of bitter aftertaste to me. ><
But my mom loves it and seems to assume I do too. I hate it. ><

So yeah buttercream ftw.

THE CAKE IS A LIE

Uhhhhh....

There's different types of icing? And I still don't see the difference between icing and frosting.

Linoone is an idiot. >.<

What's the difference between icing and frosting?

I've always used them interchangeably, but I Googled it and apparently there's a huuuge difference and baker-types get all snooty about it. Seems that I should be calling this stuff frosting. Icing is thin drizzly-type stuff.

Meh. :|

Icing that has been whipped :V It has more of a whipped cream/Cool Whip-like consistency than buttercream.

I don't believe the terminology is used everywhere? When I buy cake here, the icing types available are elite and buttercream. Buttercream being just that, elite being... Actually, I was never sure, but I believe it's icing without cream in it. Has a funny texture, taste is bearable.

Buttercream tastes delicious, but is about the quickest substance on Earth as far as giving me sugar nausea goes. Elite tastes palatable, but gets disgusting quickly. Icing in moderation.

There's no difference between icing and frosting, just two terms for one thing. As far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom