• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Proposition 8

Ha. It's funny because that's a Straw Man. I was clearly saying that the judge would have bias if he was gay and ruling on a case of gay rights.

What straw man? The fact that the pro-Proposition 8 attorney admitted that straight marriages were not harmed in any way by same sex ones? I'm pretty sure that doesn't qualify as a straw man, and even the most unbiased judge in the world would have considered that game over.

Also, I didn't know there were versions. I always thought the V in NKJV meant vacuum.

Thirdly, I would think I should report you for flaming. But whatever, as I can see conservatives are not welcome in the srs business, I will retreat to the other sections of the forum.

lol wut. I see no flaming here. Vixie's last comment there was a bit blunt, I agree, but I hardly think it could be considered flaming. Conservatives are welcome in the Serious Business section, it's just that they have a tendency to have easily picked-apart arguments, and usually dodge questions they don't feel like answering, and ultimately end up leaving altogether. I certainly hope you don't follow suit, because debates get boring when there's only one side.

Actually, the forum rules said:

"You can also get warned for flaming if you excessively bash a Pokémon, character, movie, TV show, book, band, etc. at a level where fans of said Pokémon/character/movie/TV show/book/band/etc. can feel insulted about it too. So please no 'I hate (insert Pokémon here), it's completely useless and only n00bs use it.'"

Calling people who believe the Bible literally "****ing morons" is just as bad as or worse than calling users of a certain Pokemon noobs.

Ever thought that your obviously-trying-to-be-hid implication that homosexuals are not okay might insult the homosexuals we have here? It's not hard to see through at all.

Way to ignore what other people are actually saying to you again. Walker will be disappointed. If you strut into a very pro-lgbt forum saying these things you're expected to back yourself up, unless you like looking like a total conservative pansy who's in over his head.

Ha. It's funny because that's a Straw Man. I was clearly saying that the judge would have bias if he was gay and ruling on a case of gay rights.
the issue being WHO EVEN CARES, actually

prop 8 is unconstitutional because it promotes inequality

I should be able to marry a woman if I want to because I am human; being homosexual or bisexual does not change this

how can you possibly want to deny another human being of having their love recognised?

I imagine that if a straight judge had made the same decision, you'd still complain about it.

"You can also get warned for flaming if you excessively bash a Pokémon, character, movie, TV show, book, band, etc. at a level where fans of said Pokémon/character/movie/TV show/book/band/etc. can feel insulted about it too. So please no 'I hate (insert Pokémon here), it's completely useless and only n00bs use it.'"
really? because I sure think repeatedly implying that you don't want homosexuals to be able to marry is pretty hurtful, too.

Ever thought that your obviously-trying-to-be-hid implication that homosexuals are not okay might insult the homosexuals we have here? It's not hard to see through at all.

Honestly, I'm 90% straight and even I feel offended at those comments.

Calling people who believe the Bible literally "****ing morons" is just as bad as or worse than calling users of a certain Pokemon noobs.

Hello I am an administrator and I am here to tell you that, if we are going to follow the letter of the rules like you want us to, I will have to ban you for flaming.

Fortunately I am a benevolent administrator. I will offer a piece of advice instead: if you are going to walk into a forum and argue a point that 95% of said forum disagrees with you on, make sure you are ready to defend your position and counter other people's arguments thoroughly. Everyone is welcome in this forum if they are capable of putting together a well defended argument.

See, the problem is that you're saying things that insult a rather large segment of the userbase. People who take the Bible literally are a tiny segment of the userbase who could frankly leave any discussions where this comes up and no one would mind.

In other words, what the hell, man? Pot, kettle!

If I find one more person who posts an argument and goes 'heh, guess *conservatives/christians/mormons/whatever* aren't ACCEPTED in this forum *smug leaks on the floor*' when they are met with an ounce of resistance I will find them and punish them with something hard and sandpaper-y

This kid for real? Bias is a bad thing in law, sure, but it's incredibly obvious that Proposition 8 was and IS unconstitutional anyways. Unless the judge was incredibly biased AGAINST homosexual people(in which case proves how much of a fallacy your hate of the ruling based on "bias" is), there's no way that he/she wouldn't have ruled it unconstitutional.

also it is very much possible to be a conservative and not be an ass about it

All judges are biased because they have *gasp* emotions and opinions like any other human.

The fact that he's gay obviously doesn't make a difference if you actually read his judgement, since he ruled it unconstitutional based on this thing called the law.

proposition 8 being declared unconstitutional pretty much has made me happier than a lot of things have in a while. also he said it was unconstitutional because he isn't a dumbass, not because he's some biased faggot trying to corrupt the fuck out of our great christian government. or whatever you think.

Back
Top Bottom