• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

LET'S PLAY SUIKODEN; FUCK YEAH GS4

Re: LET'S PLAY GENSOU SUIKODEN I & II

Haaah, thank you! I really appreciate that you comment reliably, btw :Db And I haven't even gotten to a point where I can go WHO GOES IN MY PARTY? yet!

THE STORY SO FAR: I always did want to live in a sewer with some fugitives!

:D dw remains easier to edit and fiddle with than tcod as far as lp updates go

STATS:
- People with faces met: Ledon, Kessler, Kage = 3 + 26 = 29 total
- ASSHOLE: Ledon, you can go sit in the corner with Pahn.
- WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING: 3 total
- Game Overs: 1 total
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 6 + 31 = 37, Pahn: 5, Cleo: 2 + 10 = 12, other: 4, total: 58
- Bathrooms: 0

NEXT TIME: you say you want a revolution~ o/~ Also, Schtolteheim Reinbach III.

Last edited:

Oh my god. You know how I've been keeping track of how many bathrooms I find? I found out where they keep the toilet paper. (That's a page from the Suikoden III manga, if you're wondering. If you're wondering about context, wellllll I can't really help you there my Japanese isn't that good.)

LAST TIME: BRB, HELPING REBELS (ie, five people in a sewer) MAKE WEAPONS OF KANGAROO DESTRUCTION. Fucking kangaroos.

fuck yeah, external links!

STATS:
- People with faces met: Ain Gide, Chandler = 29 + 2 = 31 total
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 37 + 4 = 41, Pahn: 5, Cleo: 12, other: 4, total: 58

NEXT TIME: ALL THIS KILLING ... IN FRONT OF A CHILDREN.

Probably going to introduce Mathiu later tonight; distractable but bored.

Last edited:

I hate Odessa's lines so much. I FEEL COMPASSION WHEN I'M WITH YOU that's. uh. that's great. I am so reassured. And the thing is I like her as a character! Juuuuuuuuust wtf script?

LAST TIME: ROCKS FALL, ODESSA DIES.

NO IMAGE DESCS YET BUT HEY

STATS:
- People with faces met: Antonio, Onil, Mathiu, Meg, Sergei, Camille, Tai Ho, Yam Koo = 31 + 8 = 39 total
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 41 + 3 = 44, Pahn: 5, Cleo: 12 + 2 = 14, other: 4, total: 67
- TALENTED MILITARY SURGEON: Mathiu: 2, everyone else: 2, 4 total

NAME MY CASTLE, GUYS 8D

Last edited:

Hmm. Well, it can't be Mickey Castle; that's on the other side of the world...
Why don't we stick with out non-alphanumeric theme and call it Castle □Δ☆☆Δ□.
(Alternatively, I'd switch out the boxes for the upper left and lower right bold outline brace-thingies if I had a good unicode equivalent outside of those nasty "box" characters.)

The upper left and lower right bracket thingies are actually the kanji equivalent to quotation marks!

the-more-you-know.jpg

Still, seconding H-land.

Castle Egbert?

So I heard you like Fingering ghosts to Death?

Last edited:

☆☆☆☆☆☆ <3 Odessa anyone?
Hadn't seen that, buuuuuut I got that impression too. Probably why she kicks the bucket almost immediately! Whee, rune angst.

LAST TIME: CASTLE GET. FINALLY OUT OF THE PROLOGUE BITS. \o/

STILL NO ALT TEXT BUT HEY

STATS:
- People with faces met: Gaspar, Maas, Sansuke, Kai, Kanak, Anji, Leonardo = 39 + 7 = 46 total
- STARS RECRUITED: ☆☆☆☆☆☆, Mathiu, Cleo, Gremio, Luc, Viktor, Tai Ho, Yam Koo, Camille, Sergei, Marie, Onil, Maas, Sansuke, Kai, Antonio, Chandler = 17 / 108
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 44 + 2 = 46, Pahn: 5, Cleo: 14, other: 4, total: 69

NEXT TIME: Making friends with Lepant! Who is my party? Levels don't really matter; exp scales so it only takes a few battles to catch up.

REQUIRED:
☆☆☆☆☆☆ (Soul Eater (permanent); currently just Finger of Death): M; high speed and skill; above average everything else
Gremio (Prosperity; doubles money): M; high defence; above average power, skill, and luck; lousy speed and magic
Viktor (Clone; attack that deals double damage but unbalances): S; high power, HP, and def; lousy to average everything else
Cleo (Fire; fiery death): L; high speed, skill, and magic; average everything else

PICK TWO:
Camille (Water; heals): M; high skill; above average magic and speed; average everything else
Tai Ho (Hazy; raises evasion): M; high power and skill; incredibly awful magic and defence; average everything else
Yam Koo: M; high speed and skill, good power and luck, lousy magic and defence but not Tai Ho lousy
Kai (Hazy (permanent); raises evasion): M; high power; average everything else
Luc (Wind; does everything poorly): S; highest magic in the game and it shows; high speed; fucking terrible everything else AND NOTICE HE'S SHORT-RANGED SO HE CAN'T ATTACK
Antonio: M; pretty terrible but hey he's a chef what do you expect
Maas: M; terrible magic, average everything else
Sansuke: S; not completely terrible but comes at level 1
Sergei: S; is in fact completely terrible

POSSIBLE UNITE ATTACKS:
Tai Ho + Yam Koo: iirc it's 1.5* damage to one target? It's useful if you have both of them with you, but not worth planning around.
☆☆☆☆☆☆ + Kai: 1* damage to all enemies; destroys most random encounters in one blow but unfortunately Kai's otherwise kind of bad. Not that I have many options right now.

RUNES I CAN BUY AND PUT ON ANYONE: Water (healing magic), Counter (raises counter attack rate), Holy (doubles walking speed).

Last edited:

I bet you guys can't guess why it took so long for this bit. If you said, "You were playing Suikoden IV and then doing multiple Tactics/Rhapsodia playthroughs!" you were right! Rhapsodia: it's awesome. If I could emulate a PS2 well, I would totally do a IV and Rhapsodia playthough for you guys I'm not even kidding. (Playing them separately is just kind of ... wrong. I mean, you could do it I guess since Rhapsodia does a good job explaining relevant bits of IV -- there was a tree, and then Lazlo killed it, and now Shit's Fucked Up -- but no. And IV without Rhapsodia is a piece of shit. Probably many people will say IV is a piece of shit even with Rhapsodia, but they are wrong.)

I also may or may not have been swearing repeatedly at Suikogaiden 2 for making finding Tir and Kasumi's terrible date difficult.

In this post, there will be robots. Also, content note for implications of rape. 8(

LAST TIME: ... nothing, really, and for that I apologise.

STILL NO ALT TEXT SIGH

STATS:
- STARS RECRUITED: Krin, Rock, Juppo, Lepant, Eileen, Giovanni, Pahn, Varkas, Sydonia = 17 + 9 = 26 / 108
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 46 + 3.5 = 49.5, Pahn: 5 + 3 = 8, Cleo: 14, other: 4, total: 75.5

NEXT TIME: ELVES, KOBOLDS, AND DWARVES, OH MY. Why are all the arcs I don't care about near the beginning?

Last edited:

I have no idea by what you mean with Viktor == Doc Scratch.

LAST TIME: What the fuck, robots. Also Pahn is back. In case you were worried about Pahn. (Spoilers: we weren't.)

ALT TEXT NOT INCLUDED :'(

STATS:
- STARS RECRUITED: Kirkis, Meg, Sheena, Gaspar, Viki = 5 + 26 = 31 / 108
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 49.5 + 1 = 50.5, Pahn: 8, Cleo: 14, other: 4, total: 76.5

NEXT TIME: MORE ELVES, AND ALSO DWARVES. Maybe I'll even get far enough for kobolds. Fuck this arc.

Last edited:

Wow, it's been ages. I played through SuikoIII! And also probably did a lot more Rhapsodiaing. Pretty much entirely because I hate this arc.

LAST TIME: Fucking elves.

SAY HI TO THE UPDATE

STATS:
- STARS RECRUITED: 31 + VALERIA + MEESE = 33 / 108
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 50.5 + 1 = 51.5, Pahn: 8, Cleo: 14, other: 4, total: 77.5

NEXT TIME: BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF KWANDA. Fuck this arc.

Last edited:

FIDDLE DEE DIDDLE DEE PIDDLE DEE DOO. Valeria is still one of my favourite characters, even if she can be a bit idiotic at times. :x

So, we're only 33 stars of destiny in and we're already at 77.5 Bochaaaaaans. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom