• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Big Brother compared to God

Yes, well, the entire 'virgin birth' thing seemed sketchy to me, I think she, ahem, made it with Joseph and God did a little bit of messing about with it.

So basically you're ignoring 90% of the Bible.

I don't think I understand what the other 10% has going for it.

Well, yes, but he's not a major part of my religion dur to the physical part. The 'God's son, saviour of the world' part falls under the, for lack of a better word, 'cosmic' part.
Well, sure, but why would you believe that he is the cosmic son of God when all the other tales of the Bible are apparently "ridiculous" or "sketchy"?

Well, sure, but why would you believe that he is the cosmic son of God when all the other tales of the Bible are apparently "ridiculous" or "sketchy"?

Thomas Paine actually points this out in "The Age of Reason". Basically, if one part of something has no credibility, we must assume that the other parts also have none. It's basic logic.

Because, a baby being born and going around preaching makes sense logically, whereas as Noah's Ark doesn't. Both of them are in the Bible, but only the former makes sense to me when taken literally.

I think, maybe he just follows the messages in the Bible, you know, the ones that Jesus waas preaching about.

Because, a baby being born and going around preaching makes sense logically, whereas as Noah's Ark doesn't. Both of them are in the Bible, but only the former makes sense to me when taken literally.

Wait, and Jesus being the son of God and the Messiah, the second coming, rapture etc etc does make sense?

Well, the 'Son of God' part has no bearing on the physical plausibility of the story. He's not the genetic son of God, of course. Just in a non-physical sense.

I don't like the Repture thing is real, though. If the Earth comes to an end, it'll be through an asteroid or the Sun going supernova or something.

ITT: Christians who are one step away from being sensible people, but have unfortunately been brainwashed into believing obviously insensible hogwash

So basically you think Jesus was this guy who preached about things that sound cool to you. They sound cool to me, too! He was totally a hippy.

I'm still not sure why the supernatural elements of his story should make sense and all the other supernatural elements in the Bible don't, though. Do you believe he was resurrected? Do you believe he will come again?

he preached 90% sensible things 10% supernatural hogwash, as opposed to the opposite proportions

If you do not believe in one part of the bible why should you believe other parts
they all have equal evidence, save for the existence of a few people mentioned, that other reliable historical accounts can verify did live (Pontius Pilat, probably Jesus, etc).

I think that believing in Christ and thinking what he said was sweet is coolio.
Like everyone I don't understand why you can't just follow what he said without thinking he was the son of God and not just a rad dude but I'm not a Christian.

If you do not believe in one part of the bible why should you believe other parts
they all have equal evidence, save for the existence of a few people mentioned, that other reliable historical accounts can verify did live (Pontius Pilat, probably Jesus, etc).

because some parts are cool and other parts are just gay

bible's just mythology

Back
Top Bottom