• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I put the "x" in pixel

Equinoxe

has a BONE to pick with you
I put the "x" in 'pixel'

I'm not sure whether that is a good thing or not.

Anyway, I like doing pixel art every once in a while (and I'm spriting for a fan game but I've been out of inspiration for pkmn style sprites for a while).
So I thought I might as well show you some of the pixelarts/sprites I've done

First, pokemen. Did this yesterday upon realizing I really like all of the 5th gen starters. 15-16 colours, can't exactly remember.
5starters.gif

(synchronized blinking because I'm lazy, I might make them blink separately later 'cause it takes more time and frames)

And other stuff.
ivanthebirdman.png

Inspired by a Leningrad Cowboys song called "Ivan the Birdman"

jhighjfnjhgbfrtyu.png

A self-portrait (the hair is outdated btw) that kind of looks like me but idk. Got some help from a guy on another forum.

hourglassy.png

Weirdo hourglass-thingie. Apparently, the left one (the original palette) is the best.

vomito2.png

A "friend" of that hourglass thing. I call it Vomito.

eba_derek.png

Derek, my favourite backup-dancer-agent from Elite Beat Agents (which is an awesome DS game).
I did some others too but this one is the best. Gotta redo the others some time.

Comments/crit= very appreciated.

Note: you may not use any of these without asking my permission
and probably you won't get it even if you ask.

Last edited:
The hour-glass thing is awesome =D

I like your style; it's different from the normal and interesting to look at.

i lurk there

I like the style. The shading is very bubbly and cool and the palettes are pretty nice.

Vomtio is my favorite.

@Kammington: Thanks :D I'm kind of lurky there too but just sometimes end up posting.

Anyhow, MAJOR BUMP

with this
sideBURNS.png

Sideburns are totally hot on guys amirite

I'm probably gonna do another version of this with different sorta shading on the face soon. Comments/crit appreciated, a lot even.

I should probably post crappy pokemon sprite edits and recolours and call myself a "talented spriter" to get more feedback or something |D

Just a suggestion, but I think that the cutoff from the neck looks kinda weird. Either have a straight line or try to using dithering to make the cutoff more natural. Or use the Bezier curve. Maybe.

@ Medical Meccanica: Holy balls thanks O:

@ Kammington: Woops that's just laziness. I'll fix that when I get the strength to get my pixel-motor going (it's so hot in here I'm almost melting). Thanks for reminding me of that, though. :D

EDIT: screw the weather, here's a (hopefully) fixed version:
sideBURNS2.png

Last edited:

Here are some older sprites I've made that I still like (for a fangame I worked on that was just suspended).

A dancer trainer sprite:
dancer.png

A cardinal fakemon (design isn't mine):
chardinalfront.png

chardinalback.png

Grass starter's evo, not my design either:
Barbatopsfront3.png

Fire starter (designed by my sis mostly):
fuckinglamb.png
moltambback2.png

flamiflecefront.png
flamifleceback2.png

inciniramfront_edit.png
inciniramback2.png

I hate spriting in the pokemon style 'cause I never get it right ashgdafjk

C+C is cool even though I probably wouldn't need to edit these. Tips on how to improve my pokemon style are greatly appreciated.

Don't worry about it, I can't sprite in the Pokemon style worth a crap either.

Generally the shading is a bit less complex, but hey, it usually looks crappy when I only use 2 shades. =/
I think they look fine, don't fret.

Thank you for your kind words. C:

I was trying to force-teach myself the official style and my sister suggested I sprite Blaziken. Not a good idea, because AGHVDJBJHKSJNL I CAN'T

so, it sort of evolved into some sort of icon-thing, might do more of these
ico_blaz.png

15 colours, wonder how I managed to keep it that low

EDIT:
my older sister wouldn't stop bugging me so I had to make this
ico_jir.png

EDIT:
aggravating?
ico_agg.png

EDIT AGAIN:
some Gigaiasu love, the Sugimori art changed my opinion on it entirely <3
ico_giga.png

Last edited:
Thanks C:
I don't usually like doing things for people but seeing as these are rather fun to do I might even make a request shop some time (gasp)
Dunno if people would want them, though.

Thanks C:
I don't usually like doing things for people but seeing as these are rather fun to do I might even make a request shop some time (gasp)
Dunno if people would want them, though.

Wow, I was just about to suggest you do a request shop.

I bet lots of people would like them! You're very talented, and people who've been stuck with the same avatars for a long time may want a change, no? You could let them request Pokemon/Shiny Pokemon icons, animated icons, Pokesona icons, etc.

It would really be a hit if you did that. :3

i would totally buy/request one :v

also i swear that metagross dropped in brightness when i looked at it.

Thanks for the interest :3
I'm in 'lazyfuck'-mode right now but I'll probably get to it tomorrow (after some interfering thing called 'school' >:C)

Thanks for the interest :3
I'm in 'lazyfuck'-mode right now but I'll probably get to it tomorrow (after some interfering thing called 'school' >:C)

I just saw your post on the 'Bleh, school x.x' thread. It sucks that school starts tomorrow for you. Good luck with everything~! And don't let school put you down. :3

Back
Top Bottom