• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate my site please? :\

poketrainertk

http://poketrainer.tk/

Before you decide to rate my site, please give my site an honest rating that you think my site deserves. Don't give me a bad rating just because you don't like me. Give my site a rating based on it's content, layout design or personality. Well, what are you waiting for? Go rate me site! Don't worry I can take it hard ;)

Oh yeah, links.

Anyway...
in the iPod thing....
PARTY ROCK ANTHEM DOESN'T WORK!

that's the definition of "end of the world" :O

Your layout's pretty good, especially considering that half of the fansites you see are horribly eye hurting and screwy. I don't think that the gray background on the links looks that nice, though; it doesn't really match the other colors. They'd look better if they were a lighter gray, or a different color altogether. Also, the header image seems to be really detailed and complex, which sort of clashes with the rest of the layout, which is quite simple.
I don't see why you have to have those huge links right under the header image, when those same links are in the regular menu an inch to the left, and those striked links bug me- they clutter up the menu. If you want to let visitors know what's planned for your site, make a separate "Coming Soon" page or something.

Your layout's pretty good, especially considering that half of the fansites you see are horribly eye hurting and screwy. I don't think that the gray background on the links looks that nice, though; it doesn't really match the other colors. They'd look better if they were a lighter gray, or a different color altogether. Also, the header image seems to be really detailed and complex, which sort of clashes with the rest of the layout, which is quite simple.
I don't see why you have to have those huge links right under the header image, when those same links are in the regular menu an inch to the left, and those striked links bug me- they clutter up the menu. If you want to let visitors know what's planned for your site, make a separate "Coming Soon" page or something.

thanks but I cant really change my layout? Someone else made it for me :\

I like the color scheme, but I can definitely see a few spots where you could improve in grammar. A lot, actually, the most prominent being 'None pokemon photos' on the menu which...should probably be something else. Or at least it sounds like it should.

Other than that it looks interesting. I like the layout and color scheme a lot, and I fully support the strikethroughs instead of the 'coming soon' pages; this way you don't get people's hopes up only to crush them or something, but it keeps them interested to see what's to come.

But also, it needs more content. I got through the entire site pretty much in 15 minutes, and it should take longer.

the most prominent being 'None pokemon photos' on the menu which...should probably be something else. Or at least it sounds like it should.

Seeing as it's a page with a picture of Woodie from Toy Story, I'm guessing it should be "Non Pokémon Photos," right?

I'm guessing it should be "Non Pokémon Photos," right?
Yes, that's what I think. However, I like the banners/signatures and the music playlist. But, can I point out that there are lots of links that aren't ready? Which is a bit irritating for a perfectionist like me.

Since someone else made your layout, I can't really say anything about it. But the fact that you have at least 8 crossed off links is quite annoying. It makes your navbars look ugly, under construction, and crowded. As someone above me mentioned, try a page for the "coming soon" links. It'll look a lot nicer. There are some grammar and spelling errors so I'd fix those up.

The banners are fine but the link buttons maybe could have some more "oomph" to them to make them stand out. Same with avatars. They're fine but could use more brushes to make them stand out more. Right now they're quite boring and all look the same. Though to be honest, I wouldn't find myself using any of them since I can make my own. Maybe try to make things that people couldn't say no to using. If you know what I mean. The signatures could use a bit of touching up as well. The raining effect on the "water power" signature makes the signature look a bit tacky.

You have a good start on the photography pages but I'd wait until you have a few photos to put on each page. Having one picture on each page is somewhat of a waste.

Other than that you have a good start. The only other thing I suggest is to add more stuff on the site. It's a little empty. Good luck!

I think you need to work on your grammar. There are a lot of sentences that end with question marks, but should end with periods; plus other typos scattered about. Like everyone else said, the crossed off links = huge no. The links at the top are pointless, and the headers on your layout are a bit hard to read on the navbar.
When it comes to your photography, consider changing "None Pokemon Photos" to "Non," maybe? But there are hardly any photos so until you add more, maybe keep all of them on a single page? Your terms of use for your photography is kind of contradicting: "For these Fake Pokemon shots you may not use them at the moment unfortunately. They are for viewing purposes only and may only be used under permission." Viewing purposes only means they can't be used at all, I would assume. It'd be a better idea to clearly state if they can or cannot be used.

I can't really pick on your articles too much because they're your opinions, but it's not a great idea to suggest other sites to steal from each other (as you mention in the dead fansites article). I agree with the rest of what you're saying, but stealing is illegal even if it's minor, and who knows? You may give some of your visitors motivation to copy, leading into a big issue here.

In some other content, you get a bit off-topic every now and then. As Megan said, your graphics aren't really popping out at me. They just look like background colors with sprites pasted on top. Try adding some brushes or textures; it works miracles!

If I were you, I'd work on adding more content, seeing as it's easy to browse through the entire site within minutes.

Back
Top Bottom