• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Religion

What is your religion? (Please don't abuse the multiple choice feature)

• Atheism or agnosticism

Votes: 85 72.6%
  • Christianity or Judaism

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Islam

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paganism/neo-paganism

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters

Minish

Pronoun
they
Because I'm curious! And previous threads on religion had crappy polls.

...not that mine is any better, feel free to yell at me if it looks stupid. It's actually really hard to make a poll on this. And I included neo-paganism because it's the biggest religion after the Big Six in the UK (if you disinclude Jedis), so screw you. :P Also, I highly doubt TCoD has a large but hidden Sikh population, but I's feel weird putting them in Other when they're one of the Big Six. So yeah, whatever.

I'm a neo-pagan, raised atheist.

Last edited:
Eh, really lazy Christian, I guess. I like to believe in a god, but I don't really care about the details put forth in the Bible and stuff and I don't pretend to now what that god might do with me after I die.

I'm hoping for something fun.

Agnostic or atheist or something like that. But I have my own little spiritual beliefs about how things work, something like a religion in my head.

Agnostic or atheist or something like that. But I have my own little spiritual beliefs about how things work, something like a religion in my head.

Same. :D Or rather, I had my own odd spiritual beliefs in my head that didn't seem to fit anywhere, and then I found that neo-paganism fit it rather well.

That's actually what I don't like about organised religion like Christianity. It's too much of "this is you what you believe" instead of "what can you bring to the religion?". Plus a lot of Christianity is stuff that you have to be told before you believe it, which is a... really strange idea, because who's to say what some guys wrote down thousands of years ago is the truth for you?

...I'll shut up now. XD

Atheist.

Raised christian if it matters, although I honestly have no clue what the hell my family's denomination is. They're protestant, at least.

My facebook says I'm a frisbeetarian though. :v

Raised Christian (Catholic, lol Irish immigrant family), but I'm an atheist. If you don't bother me about religion, then I won't bother you about it. S'cool with me.

Atheist. Raised nothing. You'd have to go pretty far back in our family tree to find someone who is honestly religious, I think.

Agnostic. However, much of my family is Unorthodox (is that the term?) Jewish, so I follow many of the same morals and I attend Passover and such.

Same. :D Or rather, I had my own odd spiritual beliefs in my head that didn't seem to fit anywhere, and then I found that neo-paganism fit it rather well.
Hmm... perhaps I'll check it out, this neo-paganism. I'll admit, from what I've heard of it, I've always found it fascinating.

I'm protestantal Christian, raised as a Catholic
Well, when my parents separated, my mom turned protestant, so.
I have my doubts, as all do, but I hang on.

Bernard Gotfryd quote: "I believe in God, but organized religion does not do anyone any good." (May be mildly inaccurate)

I definitely believe in God. And I believe in God for personal reasons, and because my past is darker than my present.

When I was little, my family was laxly protestant. We went to church on Sunday and were atheists the rest of the week. Then they suddenly became radically protestant - we went to church four-five times a week. Then we left the protestant church and joined the Catholic church, and were subsequently shunned by the protestants. Now, I'm back to going to church 4-5 times a week.

I know I believe in God.
I just don't know whether I believe in church.

Atheist raised Baptist Christian.

I have never been to church, until one day when I was like 11, and a friend invited me. But after 10 3/4 years of no religion but carefully avoiding swearing and say Oh my God, it was hard to grasp. So I kinda dropped out, and turned Atheist.

But sometimes I kinda think if there is a god and when I die I'm screwed.

A quote I heard on History channel, "On Mondays thru Wednesdays, I believe in God, on Thursdays thru Saturdays, I doubt his existence. On Sundays I rest."

Atheist. Everyone at school hates me more for it and my parents hate me for it too. :v

Theravada Buddhist, raised Mahayana.

I have dabbled in Christianity before, as in I've been to church twice. Chinese church was cool, they served free food and I met some cool people. Plain old white church (some denomination) was not so cool.

I work outside of my friends' religious debates somehow, it's very nice because I frankly don't care and thusly would rather stay outside.

My belief in God is in this constant flux, as it depends on who I'm talking to.

Half Christian - Half Scien....Yeah

It's my own religion, where I believe a higher deity (God) triggered the Big Bang, triggered the volcanic eruptions and such and such, all the way up to today. However, this deity has no morality, and is therefore completely neutral.

Why yes I am screwed up.

i was raised a baptist christian, "converted" to paganism when i was around twelve, became agnostic around fourteen, and started to identify as atheist around fifteen/sixteen. i am probably closer to apatheism now, as it is, but ... yes.

sometimes delusional beliefs pop up in my head every once in a while (such as the paganism stint around twelve, i was also at one point extremely interested in necromancy) but they go away rather quickly.

Back
Top Bottom