• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Purely Online Relationships

My current relationship began as a "purely online" relationship, and so far it has been working out very well. My boyfriend couldn't find work where he lived, so now he is living in the same place as me and we see each other all the time and get along quite well I must say.

Even if our relationship were to fail now I would still regard it as successful on the whole, or at least, as successful as any relationship that didn't begin online. So yeah, I think it can work, because I've seen the evidence with my own eyes. :3

Of course, as others have said, there isn't much point on beginning such a relationship if you don't plan to meet up at some point. There's definitely a lot you can't know about a person until you've met him; I learned lots of new things about my boyfriend, both good and bad, once we were in a position to see each other IRL regularly. So I suppose that aspect is something you have to be able to handle if it's going to work.

I think they can work, as long as there's some offline communication; for example, sending mail the old-fashioned way if there's too much distance to travel. And as long as the people in the relationship plan to meet each other IRL as soon as possible, then yeah, it could work. That is, if both people are willing to put in the effort. My only relationship has been online, but I'm guessing it's a lot more work than being in a relationship where you can see the person face-to-face; plus, there are more things you can do when you're face-to-face with the person, such as kissing. And it gets lonely when you can't touch them.

But yeah, if people put in the effort it can work out. I've heard of people who met online while living in different countries and met and got married years later, and are still together years after that.

It could work, but it really depends on the people in the relationship. They have to be genuine, honest, sane, and generally decent (no crazy online predators, stalkers, etc.). The chances are slim, but it could work. And for those saying "what would be the point of never meeting?" let's say there's a hypothetical couple who met on the Internet, and whose only option of communication is the Internet, due to an external factor(s). Now they have a nice relationship going, and are happy, even if they never meet.

Back
Top Bottom