• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC/Signup] Rise of Team Galactic

Huygens. In retrospect, I should have said "the male near the female" but I was in a rush when I redid the post.

DarthWaffles, did you just shrug off a double-discharge? It was even enough to get your infernape down to below 33% health so a human should be suffering much more than that. At least mention pain - you also somehow got through the initial fall without any mentionable feeling but for the discharge there isn't a salamence-cushion excuse or anything.

Also, not entirely sure how gravity helps fire blast, but in any case - what is it targeting?

((Doesn't Gravity completely shut out and negate attacks like Magnet Rise?))

Since no one really knows how gravity works (except Kali, maybe), I decided it was just increasing the downward force significantly. Magnet rise (and for that matter psychic levitation and the normal levitate ability) must normally provide some upward force, enough to counter normal gravity; this isn't enough to actually raise them up but they won't be pulled down as much. So they feel lighter and can lift their legs higher. This is not useful unless they can also walk, of course, but legs give them the ability to outspeed gravity-hindered enemies.

It seemed like a reasonable result for people who are in a proper world rather than in the video games.

Uhh not really. I could only move my eyeballs and make small movements with his hands (He still cant get up and stuff), and it was supposed to be hurting like hell. Plus, in the anime, the characters seem to have an insane resistance to pokemon attacks..so yeah.

Gravity improves accuracy of moves by some amount I forget. And its just in the general direction of your two Jolteon.

Edited to clarify =D

Last edited:
Hm, looks like it's actually the evasion of the opponent that goes down (that one makes sense) but ... that's what the magnet rise is for P:

And paralysis might've come from the thunder wave (if you post without mentioning whether you got hit or not it is assumed you were hit), and any pain mentioned is related directly to the paralysis. Assuming Ash-like resilience doesn't seem to diminish the pain of being attacked to nothing, just increase the likelihood that you survive without permanent damage.

Hm, looks like it's actually the evasion of the opponent that goes down (that one makes sense) but ... that's what the magnet rise is for P:

And paralysis might've come from the thunder wave (if you post without mentioning whether you got hit or not it is assumed you were hit), and any pain mentioned is related directly to the paralysis. Assuming Ash-like resilience doesn't seem to diminish the pain of being attacked to nothing, just increase the likelihood that you survive without permanent damage.

Well, my most recent post said it hurt and etc, its just that if I made my dialogue with all these full stops everywhere it would look like I was dying. Paralysis isn't ment to hurt. Since Discharge has a 30% Paralysis rate (highest along side Thunder, not including Glare etc.) I figure it would simply increase the severity.

I'm going to make another character, one that's been in the making for a while

Name: Sherry Tredwell
Pokemon:

[Victor] Gallade [m]
[Baloo] Snorlax [m]
[Ray] Solrock [Will be referred to as male]
[Kala] Xatu [f]
[Megara] Nidoqueen [f]

Appearance: Believing in traveling stealthily, Sherry generally wears a dark grey shirt and pants, and also wears a dark black cloak with a hood over those. She is tall - about 5'11" - thin, and pale skinned; when her hood is down, one can see she has shoulder length black hair.

Personality: Sherry used to be a joyful, energetic girl. She used to be caring and kind, considered by those who knew her to be the kindest person that they knew. It seemed that this would last forever. It didn't.

Now, Sherry is cold and cruel, and incredibly ruthless; she has often brutally attacked people who she suspects had a connection with the true object of all of her hatred

Bio: For the first fifteen years of her life, Sherry lived in peace. Both of her parents had died when she was very young, so she had taken it upon herself to build a life with her twin brother. It wasn't easy, as the two rarely pulled together enough money to keep a steady income of food and other necessities (thankfully shelter was not one of them, as the two lived in a Secret Base) but it was worth it, for her brother was a person she truly cared about, as he was the only that she had.

Then came that day. That day when her brother said to her that he was going to join Team Magma, as a way to give them a better life style (apparently Team Magma was a high-paying job) He was a skilled trainer, unlike most of that team's Grunts, and thus the two were able to enjoy a better life. For half a year, anyway.

Half a year after her brother joined, she was delivered a message informing her of something that destroyed her on the inside: her brother had been killed. When she was given his body for burial, it was so brutally beaten that for a moment, she couldn't recognize him. It was that event that made her into the cold and ruthless person that she is today, for two weeks after her brother died, she came to a decision: she had to avenge her brother

Through one conversation with a Team member who had arrived at the scene of her brother's death, she learned that whoever had killed her brother was a trainer that commanded an Absol and Arbok, among other things. As the months went by, she began to narrow out suspects that had been in the region during the time of her brother's death (everyone who arrived had to stop at a pokemon center sometime, after all) and through countless questionings, sometimes involving the answerer in a lethal situation, she learned the name of the man that killed her brother: Devack Kessler.

From there, it was simply a matter of learning more about Devack, and learned that her brother was not the first to fall to him. She learned that he has a habit of targeting members of criminal organizations, so when she caught word of Galactic activity in Hearthome, she made her way there, for where there would be Galactics, Devack is probably not far behind.

Other: This character underwent so many revisions that it wasn't funny. The nicknames are again obvious, though I wish I could have had a movie-for-movie match; some just didn't work out.

Back
Top Bottom