• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cannabis

True, but I failed to mention that I'm against alcohol as well. I agree with the 18th Ammendment of the United States, which bans the sale of alcohol. But it was repealed with the 21st Ammendment.

The 18th Ammendment was one of the worst legal rules ever, it only fueled organized crime and alcohol smuggling.

I don't hate alcohol, you can do funny things when high. But lately it seems to induce sleep on me, so I don't see much point in drinking it.

I think the cons of criminalisation are far outweighing the benefits at the moment. The war on drugs isn't working for anyone except the people selling and trafficking drugs! Moving growth and sale and transport out of the hands of criminal gangs is a good thing, surely?

If you have a moral problem with people being "high", well ... ban alcohol too, since I've done far more fucked up shit whilst drunk than I ever have high.

evidence-based policy plz ; ;

I think it should be legal... If people want to do that to themselves, let them.

I do not, nor do I think I ever will, use cannabis. I believe its effects on the body far outweigh any benefits it may have (e.g. to the economy). I do not think it should be legal, same as tobacco. Cancers caused by tobacco and cannabis every year kill millions, and for no real benefit. Sure, tobacco might be good for the economy at 12 USD per pack and cannabis might make you feel good for a period of time, but the deaths caused by them aren't worth it in my opinion.

I do not, nor do I think I ever will, use cannabis. I believe its effects on the body far outweigh any benefits it may have (e.g. to the economy). I do not think it should be legal, same as tobacco. Cancers caused by tobacco and cannabis every year kill millions, and for no real benefit. Sure, tobacco might be good for the economy at 12 USD per pack and cannabis might make you feel good for a period of time, but the deaths caused by them aren't worth it in my opinion.

The only harmful thing about cannabis is the smoke produced when smoking it. There has never been a death directly associated with cannabis.

With the cannabis itself, no. As a plant or even in the ready to be smoked form the plant itself harms no one. It's the smoking (and, in tobacco's case, also chewing) of it wherein the problems lie.

With the cannabis itself, no. As a plant or even in the ready to be smoked form the plant itself harms no one. It's the smoking (and, in tobacco's case, also chewing) of it wherein the problems lie.

Yes, I agree, although cannabis can be taken orally for no ill effect.

Tobacco is pretty much objectively terrible though.

Then I don't get how you object to cannabis? Can't you just object to smoke? Or uh, chewing? You know there are other ways of consuming it, right...?

That is what I had meant, I apologize for making it sound otherwise. The use of it is what I oppose.

Back
Top Bottom