• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Hunger Games

mewtini

sorry guys, don’t lose
Pronoun
she/her
Kill me if there's another thread, which there might be, because THG is popular.

Buuuuut go go go opinions! I've only read the first book in the series; it's definitely interesting, although it feels like it's written as if it somehow thinks you're only eight or something and need everything spelled out for you?

I read the trilogy about two years ago (fifth grade) and thought they were the best books in the universe. This is clearly not the case now. I thought it was really good, but everyone around me was reading it the next year so it kinda got old. Also the first two books (THG, Catching Fire) were fantastic but Mockingjay was terrible.

I can give opinions!

The first book was honestly my favorite book that I've ever read. The second was a bit of a disappointment, just because I felt there was less action and it wasn't as interesting in general, but Mockingjay redeemed the series and is another one of my favorite books.

If we can discuss the film, I felt that the actor/actress choices were, in most cases, rather terrible. Especially Effie, who was not at all how I had pictured her.

Has anyone seen the trailer for Catching Fire? It looked pretty good.

I have! I'm pretty excited. Thankfully it's premiering during thanksgiving break for me iirc so now i can go to midnight premiere without having school the next day! (unlike for the first movie)

Back
Top Bottom