• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ALOE [STRESSFUL IMAGE-HEAVY]

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
A little while ago, having just got into the nitty-gritty of Homestuck, I decided to create what could only be described as a blatant ripoff; however, I quickly lost inspiration and it sort of went sour. After finding out how MSPA worked in the beginning, I decided that sounded really fun, and that I would try it. So, I've decided to create my own reader-driven adventure using the characters I used in the original ripoff.

For those of you who have no idea how this works, basically I give a little picture and a blurb, and the readers enter a command. Then I make another little picture and blurb based on that command, and so on. Unlike the original MSPA, I will not be doing the first command that comes up; rather, I'll be picking the one I like the best, so try not to be overly ridiculous. In the beginning, the selecting might be a bit rocky and I might go off on my own commands just to get it started, so readers can get an idea of what's going on; I may also suggest commands for others to use, to progress the plot. I plan to keep it as reader-driven as I can, however.

Let's see how this goes.
ALOE
54bGtVb.png
Your name is William Kirby, and YESTERDAY was YOUR FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY. You are particularly happy TODAY, because you can try out all the
COOL NEW LOOT you scored YESTERDAY. You are a bit of an ANGLOPHILE, despite your American CITIZENSHIP. You adore The Beatles, Queen, The
Who, Led Zeppelin, and other bands that no-one in your generation has ever heard of. You also enjoy THE FANTASTIC WORLD OF COMEDY, particularly
THE SECTOR OF THE FANTASTIC WORLD OF COMEDY BELONGING TO JIM CARREY. You are a TRUE JIM CARREY FAN. You have devoted days and days to researching
his every quirk, so your RENOWNED FANFICTION can be as accurate as possible. What will you do?

$> GET ARMS FROM UNDER BED.

GET ARMS FROM UNDER BED
i0ncw3x.gif
...Arms from under the bed? You don't have any ARMS under your BED! You have a SILLY, NOODLEY PAIR right in front of your very eyes. What a SILLY THOUGHT! Too SILLY, you think. So silly that it sounds like something COMEDY LEGEND JIM CARREY might have UTTERED. You're sure to jot down the NOTE in your REGISTRY. You're also sure to make a REMINDER regarding your MYSTERIOUSLY VANISHING PRESENT. It seems to have disappeared.

ALOE takes the NOTE from your INPUT FIELD, located in your ALOE GLASSES, and stores it away in your MEMORANDUM INDEX for LATER USE. You really should get around to CLEANING THE OLD THING OUT; it's accumulated a few thousand NOTES over the PAST FIFTEEN YEARS.

Last edited:
$> Hardcore Exposition.
UhZ7Gz1.gif

Before you can get to THINKING, your MYSTERIOUSLY VANISHING PRESENT mysteriously unvanishes. You are too lazy to remove the NOTE you made about it; you'll do it later.

Now to your ALOE GLASSES. It sort of HURTS YOUR HEAD to think about ALOE, but you don't do it very often, so you figure you'll GIVE IT A STAB.

ALOE is a LARGE, INCREDIBLY COMPLEX, REALITY-ALTERING COMPUTER that presides over your world. It has existed for MANY CENTURIES, and has been added onto by COUNTLESS DEDICATED VERATEERS. As a result, it's accumulated an INCREDIBLY LARGE AND COMPLICATED DATABASE, and is THE MOST INTRICATE PROGRAM KNOWN TO EXIST.

It works by relating certain ENTITIES by analysing the RELATIONSHIPS formed between them, called NODES. It works like a GIANT CATALOGUE OF THE WORLD'S HISTORY, and makes life easier for its world's INHABITANTS by creating a SIMPLE DATA STRUCTURE BY WHICH THEY CAN STORE, CREATE, AND EXCHANGE ENTITIES. This DATA STRUCTURE is called THE VERANET. By using different PARAGONS, CLIENTS (the ALOE term for a SENTIENT BEING) can customise their DATA WITHDRAWALS AND DEPOSITS.

ALOE is also particularly useful in that it can be used to TRANSACT MONEY AND ENTITIES; most NON-OBSOLETE SHOPS function based on ALOE, so they can be accessed ANYWHERE. TRANSACTIONS THROUGH ALOE are instant and SEND ITEMS FROM ARRAY TO ARRAY (an ARRAY being the list of belongings of a PARTICULAR CLIENT).

ALOE can also create ENTITIES if fed specific MODICUM (a type of ALOE-SPECIFIC CURRENCY that can be acquired via the TRANSMUTATION of TYPICAL CURRENCY); however, a FULL FORMULA LIST of REQUIRED MODICA FOR SPECIFIC ITEMS is yet to surface. For the most part, CLIENTS must experiment with MODICA. INANIMATE ENTITIES can also be combined, of course with the SPECIFIED AMOUNT OF MODICA, to create a SINGLE, COMBINED CONCOCTION.

That's all you care to think about ALOE at the moment. There's SO MUCH MORE to it, but thinking anymore is going to KILL YOU.

Why the $ in front of the >? I forgot if and why Homestuck used it. :I

>Examine English flag poster/window. If last one, admire futuristic dystopia.

Use LAPOTP to open GIFT.

Why the $ in front of the >? I forgot if and why Homestuck used it. :I
Homestuck does not have this. I do this because it's what my terminal looks like. Also it's cool.
$> Use laptop to open present.​
JDSzv3k.gif
After your LONG, BRAIN-FUCKING ANALYSIS OF YOUR WORLD'S MECHANICS, you decide to read the LOVELY, HAND-WRITTEN LETTER ATTACHED TO YOUR GIFT. Then it occurs to you how much it would SUCK TO READ ANYTHING at the moment, since your PUZZLE BRICK is still RADIATING PAIN WAVES. At any rate, you are A MAN OF GREAT WISDOM, and any TRUE MAN OF GREAT WISDOM knows to save the MUSHY, SENTIMENTAL CRAP for after you loot out the THE GOOD STUFF. So for now, you're going to dig in like a CONDYLURA CRISTATA. FIRST THINGS FIRST, you have to open your ALOE CLIENT and click your GIFT. Then, select OPEN.
43mBiD3.gif
And ALOE opens your GIFT for you! That was PRETTY COOL; you wonder where the WRAPPING PAPER went.
Oh, and the MUSHY, SENTIMENTAL NOTE has vanished as well. What a shame.

$>Contact friends using laptop.
31pAECP.gif

It appears ONE OF THEM has BEAT YOU TO IT. You REGISTER your SHITTY RECORD PLAYER in your WIT PARAGON. To WITHDRAW an ENTITY from your WIT PARAGON, you must create a PUN based on the ENTITY IN QUESTION. It keeps you sharp, and makes your RENOWNED FANFICTION much better besides.
R2dg7mk.gif

REM:Hello, guttersnipe.
WIL:hey remington
REM:It has come to my attention that your age increased by a full year yesterday.
WIL:yeah thats right
WIL:im not sure why you always say things like that
WIL:i mean we all know youre smart
WIL:you can cut it out now you know
REM:Nonsense. I do not speak intelligibly to convince you that I'm smart. I do it because I am smart.
WIL:yeah whatever
WIL:anyway yeah im fifteen now
REM:I wish you a belated happy birthday, then.
WIL:thanks i guess haha
REM:...
WIL:...
REM:That is all I wished to say. Good day, peasant.
WIL:later haha
REM has quit (Quit: Good day, peasants.)

That Remington. You are glad you can have such deeply enlightening conversations with your wonderful friends.

Last edited:
$> Be Remington.
vfSlFWD.png

While William gazes around THE ROOM THAT HE HAS SEEN A BILLION TIMES BEFORE, you become Remington. Consequently, you also become FILTHY FUCKING RICH. You have never had to WORK A DAY IN YOUR LIFE, despite being SIXTEEN YEARS OLD, and still live in THE LARGEST HOUSE IN NORTH AMERICA. Your ancestors created ALOE, and left their descendants to THEIR WEALTH, basically damning the NEXT HUNDRED GENERATIONS to be LAZY, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING ASSHOLES WHO SPEND THEIR TIME BASKING IN MONEY.

You are greatly interested in MONEY and ALOE in general, and would like to be a VERATEER at SOME POINT IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE.

You speak in a dignified manner, and tend to sound quite well-read.

What will you do?

Back
Top Bottom