The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > The Cave of Dragonflies > Site Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-02-2018, 05:17 AM
Stormrycon Stormrycon is offline
Meme consumer
 
Join Date: October 28, 2017
Location: WA
Posts: 39
Pronoun: he
Stormrycon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clue Game Hints

I know there's other posts like this but there's way to many pages to browse through for me
Here are some hints (maybe too obvious)
#1 - (SPOILER) basically the mascot of the pokemon franchise
#2 - (SPOILER) a normal type
#3 - (SPOILER) fill in blanks (not really pokemon related): h_ _ r_ _us_
#4 - (SPOILER) something to do with the stat of a certain pokemon
#5 - (SPOILER) related to #4
#6 - (SPOILER) a certain legend/mythical pokemon
#7 - (SPOILER) has something to do with an old poll
#8 - (SPOILER) the game where this pokemon can be caught
#9 - (SPOILER) look at the form and the bulbapedia page for this pokemon
#10 - (SPOILER) the name of a movie
#11 - (SPOILER) a certain pokemon-look on the pokedex entry for it
#12 - (SPOILER) the name of a move
#13 - (SPOILER) the name of a pokemon
#14 - (SPOILER) have to do with the first encounter of a certain pokemon
#15 - (SPOILER) really annoying not really pokemon related
#16 - (SPOILER) another move name
#17 - (SPOILER) a pokemon name that looks female but can be either gender

I am currently stuck on 18 please help thanks
__________________
"When I'm tense, I eat. Whereas when you're tense, you sprout solid waste."
-Colonel Graff, Ender's Game

Last edited by Stormrycon; 08-17-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Superbird's Avatar
Superbird Superbird is offline
Fire emblem is great
 
Join Date: December 28, 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 21
Posts: 4,729
Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

(SPOILER for Clue 18) It's a simple question. Just answer it.
__________________
Visit my art website - Monitors of Modern Art! Updates weekly.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[02:22:35] +Superbird: ok seriously tho can I get some opinions on modern art
[02:22:42] +Superbird: its important
[02:23:18] @amr97: Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.
[02:23:20] @amr97: The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.
[02:24:26] +Superbird: opinions, amr97, not definitions
[02:24:49] @amr97: oh
[02:24:52] @amr97: i don't get it
[02:24:56] @amr97: is my opinion
[02:25:04] +Superbird: oh ffs
[02:25:28] +Superbird: maybe i should give up and try a different room
[02:25:32] @amr97: probably tbh
[02:26:19] @SamVGC: i think this chatroom
[02:26:22] @SamVGC: is an art form
[02:26:26] @Dog-for-Dinner: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Opinions+on+Modern+Art
[02:26:47] +Superbird: dong-for-dinner that is not a thing to be goggled
[02:26:50] +Superbird: *dog
[02:26:51] +Superbird: *google
[02:27:02] @amr97: dong-for-dinner lmao
[02:27:07] @amr97: that had to be intentional
[02:27:18] +Superbird: 100% wasn't
[02:27:28] +Superbird: i'm so used to typing dingram's name that
[02:27:45] +Superbird: anything starting with the same first letter
[02:28:17] @Dog-for-Dinner: why is it not a thing to be googled
[02:28:23] @Dog-for-Dinner: google is the story of my high school
[02:28:33] +Superbird: you dont google opinions
[02:28:36] +Superbird: you google facts
[02:28:52] @Dog-for-Dinner: seems like a science student is trying to study humanities
[02:28:56] @Dog-for-Dinner: and is having a hard time
[02:29:00] +Superbird: ^
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Stormrycon Stormrycon is offline
Meme consumer
 
Join Date: October 28, 2017
Location: WA
Posts: 39
Pronoun: he
Stormrycon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

thanks
__________________
"When I'm tense, I eat. Whereas when you're tense, you sprout solid waste."
-Colonel Graff, Ender's Game
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-02-2018, 07:09 PM
Stormrycon Stormrycon is offline
Meme consumer
 
Join Date: October 28, 2017
Location: WA
Posts: 39
Pronoun: he
Stormrycon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

ok now I am stuck at 19 I assume it would be a blue counterpart for oddish but bellsprout doesn't work what help
__________________
"When I'm tense, I eat. Whereas when you're tense, you sprout solid waste."
-Colonel Graff, Ender's Game
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Superbird's Avatar
Superbird Superbird is offline
Fire emblem is great
 
Join Date: December 28, 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 21
Posts: 4,729
Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryZ View Post
ok now I am stuck at 19 I assume it would be a blue counterpart for oddish but bellsprout doesn't work what help
(SPOILER for Clue 19) Look at the hint. The answer is formatted the same way as the question.
__________________
Visit my art website - Monitors of Modern Art! Updates weekly.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[02:22:35] +Superbird: ok seriously tho can I get some opinions on modern art
[02:22:42] +Superbird: its important
[02:23:18] @amr97: Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.
[02:23:20] @amr97: The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.
[02:24:26] +Superbird: opinions, amr97, not definitions
[02:24:49] @amr97: oh
[02:24:52] @amr97: i don't get it
[02:24:56] @amr97: is my opinion
[02:25:04] +Superbird: oh ffs
[02:25:28] +Superbird: maybe i should give up and try a different room
[02:25:32] @amr97: probably tbh
[02:26:19] @SamVGC: i think this chatroom
[02:26:22] @SamVGC: is an art form
[02:26:26] @Dog-for-Dinner: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Opinions+on+Modern+Art
[02:26:47] +Superbird: dong-for-dinner that is not a thing to be goggled
[02:26:50] +Superbird: *dog
[02:26:51] +Superbird: *google
[02:27:02] @amr97: dong-for-dinner lmao
[02:27:07] @amr97: that had to be intentional
[02:27:18] +Superbird: 100% wasn't
[02:27:28] +Superbird: i'm so used to typing dingram's name that
[02:27:45] +Superbird: anything starting with the same first letter
[02:28:17] @Dog-for-Dinner: why is it not a thing to be googled
[02:28:23] @Dog-for-Dinner: google is the story of my high school
[02:28:33] +Superbird: you dont google opinions
[02:28:36] +Superbird: you google facts
[02:28:52] @Dog-for-Dinner: seems like a science student is trying to study humanities
[02:28:56] @Dog-for-Dinner: and is having a hard time
[02:29:00] +Superbird: ^
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-02-2018, 11:26 PM
Stormrycon Stormrycon is offline
Meme consumer
 
Join Date: October 28, 2017
Location: WA
Posts: 39
Pronoun: he
Stormrycon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

thanks again
am on 21 and have like no idea at all does it have something to do with a draining move?
__________________
"When I'm tense, I eat. Whereas when you're tense, you sprout solid waste."
-Colonel Graff, Ender's Game
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Superbird's Avatar
Superbird Superbird is offline
Fire emblem is great
 
Join Date: December 28, 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 21
Posts: 4,729
Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryZ View Post
thanks again
am on 21 and have like no idea at all does it have something to do with a draining move?
(SPOILER for Clue 21) No, but you're on the right track. It's negative 1/3, not positive 1/3.
__________________
Visit my art website - Monitors of Modern Art! Updates weekly.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[23:53:13] +0riginalTrainer: This is a direct result of the patriarchy.
[23:53:51] +J.D.Deuce: feminism is awesome
[23:53:52] +Viscereal: uh please address me by my pronouns
[23:53:59] +Viscereal: loom/looms/loomself
[23:54:35] +0riginalTrainer: You white male cis scum, check you privilege. No matter how many documents you throw in front of me, the wage gap is real.
[23:54:58] +J.D.Deuce: you've been warned lol
[23:55:14] +B1SHARP: So you believe that fathers deserve the same leave after they have an at home newborn as mothers?
[23:55:40] +0riginalTrainer: So you believe that women should be drafted too?
[23:55:45] +B1SHARP: Yes
[23:55:45] +Viscereal: yes, when they have a baby shove itself through their dick they can get work off
[23:55:47] +Takron Galtos: I'd settle just for at-home leave actually be guarunteed without penalties for mothers.
[23:55:51] +Superbird: you know what we need right now
[23:55:53] +Takron Galtos: That's not even standard yet.
[23:56:00] +0riginalTrainer: What I hate about feminism is that it turns a lot of male issues into female issues, then calls it feminism.
[23:56:02] +Viscereal: challenge cup round robin?
[23:56:03] +Superbird: a tourney to distract everyone from controvertial discussion
[23:56:03] @amr97: another tournament
[23:56:06] @amr97: hurry hurry
[23:56:08] +Superbird: NAILED IT
[23:56:11] +KillerOrcas: woah there what happened here
Battle Spot Doubles (VGC 2015) Single Elimination Tournament created.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Stormrycon Stormrycon is offline
Meme consumer
 
Join Date: October 28, 2017
Location: WA
Posts: 39
Pronoun: he
Stormrycon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

#23 now
does it have something to do with gengar & clefairy?
__________________
"When I'm tense, I eat. Whereas when you're tense, you sprout solid waste."
-Colonel Graff, Ender's Game
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-23-2018, 05:05 AM
Stormrycon Stormrycon is offline
Meme consumer
 
Join Date: October 28, 2017
Location: WA
Posts: 39
Pronoun: he
Stormrycon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

please help
__________________
"When I'm tense, I eat. Whereas when you're tense, you sprout solid waste."
-Colonel Graff, Ender's Game
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:54 PM
ParadoxZ's Avatar
ParadoxZ ParadoxZ is offline
Egg
 
Join Date: September 6, 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1
Pronoun: he
ParadoxZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Clue Game Hints

I have no idea about 10. I know it is a movie (is it a pokemon movie?) and it has to do with the sprites, but my mind is blank. Any more in depth hints?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.