• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] Eifie vs JackPK (ref: Superbird)

(fucking Insomnia, man)

Good game, Jack! It's been a great match. It's too bad Gwen will still be a baby spider after this, but at least we'll get to watch Pokey grow up!

oh yeah, I was combing my brain for why I hadn't tried to Rest before and I couldn't figure it out. Insomnia is the reason why.

Round 13

Eifie (ØO)
espeonwise-glasses
Adelle – Espeon (♀) @ Wise Glasses
Health: 66%
Energy: 49%
Ability: Synchronize
Type: Psychic
Condition: Determined.
Status: Crit Domain +2. Giga Drain mimicked. Trapped by Infestation (2 more actions)
Limitations Met: Direct Recovery (1/1); Chills (3/5); Normal moves (1/3)
Commands: Dazzling Gleam / Future Sight / Telekinesis x3

JackPK (ØO)
spinarak
Gwen – Spinarak (♀)
Health: 12%
Energy: 60%
Ability: Insomnia
Type: Bug / Poison
Condition: Getting very tired.
Limitations Met: Chills (1/5)
Commands: Rest ~ Chill ~ Chill​

This was it. Adelle had only to land a couple more hits on her foe, and she would have won. The problem now was which attack she needed to use. In the end, her trainer decided on Dazzling Gleam – a fine choice, an extravagant attack with which to end. Gwen did her best to scuttle away before the attack came out, but it was no use. Adelle burst into a quick flash of blinding light, and a wave of Fairy-type energy expanded around her, blowing through Gwen and sending the Spinarak sprawling. She didn’t get back up.

With that, the referee declared the end of the battle. ‘Twas a marvelous battle indeed, and everyone congratulated each other on a job well done. Inver, especially, was impressed, and though perhaps he was a little tired, he ensured the battlers that he would be able to handle maintaining his Inverse field for a little while longer, until the other two battles would have a chance to end.

End of Round 13

Eifie (ØO)
espeonwise-glasses
Adelle – Espeon (♀) @ Wise Glasses
Health: 65%
Energy: 45%
Ability: Synchronize
Type: Psychic
Condition: Victorious.
Status: Crit Domain +2. Giga Drain mimicked. Trapped by Infestation.
Limitations Met: Direct Recovery (1/1); Chills (3/5); Normal moves (1/3)
Actions: Dazzling Gleam

JackPK (ØØ)
spinarak
Gwen – Spinarak (♀)
Health: 0%
Energy: 60%
Ability: Insomnia
Type: Bug / Poison
Condition: Unconscious.
Limitations Met: Chills (1/5)
Actions: [KOed]​

Referee Notes
~Dazzling Gleam knocked out Gwen.
~Eifie is declared the winner, with the requisite prizes of $40 for Eifie and $20 for JackPK, $30 for me, and one buyable Hidden Ability pokémon for both of you (to be redeemed with someone else). I’m going to go ahead and close this battle in the database and let whichever mod checks that handle the rest of the prizes.
~Excellent battle, you two, especially the first match-up – a tie, that’s rare. There were great strategies on both sides, and this was really fun to be the referee for. I’ve learned a lot and I can at least say I did my best – thanks for having me!

Action 1
~Adelle uses Dazzling Gleam, dealing KO damage for 4% energy

Back
Top Bottom