• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Best Contest Pokmon?

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
So, what are good Pokemon/moves to use in contests? I'm trying to get the black card on my Pearl, but I'm notoriously bad at contests, mostly because I never know what to use.

(and Milotic is a fairly obvious Beauty choice, but other suggestions would be lovely)

Moony says she has a great Happiny set for Cute, and when she wakes up I'll get her to show me so we can share.

Well, I have an excellent Kubutops... Won all the cool contests except master rank, still trying :/ It matters more on the moves they know and the amount of Poffins they've eaten than the pokemon... Oh and I have a great tough Camerupt, it's eaten enough sour poffins to get the stupid scarf from the scarf guy. Eh try to get the scarfs if you haven't.

I have the cute, beauty and cool scarfs I think... :/

Some Pokemon learn more/better move for contests than others, so that's what I need.
Anyone care to share movesets? :3

I had a really great Magnemite in my Sapphire version that won a Cool ribbon.

Movelist:
Thundershock (4 hearts)
Supersonic (3 hearts, smart, scrambles appeal order)
Sonicboom (2 hearts, more if move before was also cool)
Thunder Wave (2 hearts, badly startles Pokemon that made good appeals)

Good luck on that Smart ribbon! I consider it the hardest because there (as far as I know) are no Smart moves that automatically give you 4 hearts.

Actually, in my Emerald version right now I'm using a Castform in beauty that's kicking ass. With Hail/Powder Snow you can't really go wrong. Plus it has Sunny Day for if I know I'm going to go on a turn when the crowd is incredibly excited, or Double Team for just whenever.

I only have to beat the Master Rank and then Castform will be a champion :D

I don't like DP contests as much :(

No combos :(

And hardly any variety of moves.

Beauty:

Lapras @ Beauty Scarf
Quiet nature
~ Ice Shard(first next round)
~ Blizzard(if first +2pts)
~ Dive(if judge not picked yet +3)
~ Sheer Cold(if all choose same judge +15)

Mainly just use Ice Shard/ Blizzard.

Last edited:
Right; I have with me a Roselia with Aromatherapy, Synthesis, Toxic and Grass Knot up for a Smart Contest.

Suggestions.

Actually, in my Emerald version right now I'm using a Castform in beauty that's kicking ass. With Hail/Powder Snow you can't really go wrong. Plus it has Sunny Day for if I know I'm going to go on a turn when the crowd is incredibly excited, or Double Team for just whenever.

I only have to beat the Master Rank and then Castform will be a champion :D

Castform's a good choice for Beauty.

I think I heard somewhere that Medicham can do almost all of the Contests. NOt sure, but if that helps...

Nearly any Pokemon that can learn Psych up, Ominious Wind, Focus Energy, etc. can win any contest

The Pokemon itself doesn't matter. All that matters is moveset, prediction, reflexes, and MAYBE scarves

A tip: Smart contest with a Pokemon that knows Psych Up, Recover, and something like Ice Beam (in terms of contest effect) will easily beat Smart Master, even without conditioning. Pokemon like boosting voltage there, and stealing the extra points is easy with a little prediction

I've never won a master contest in DP, but I have some that have beaten ultra:

Cool: Dialga
Beauty: Staraptor
Cute: Can't remember, have to look it up later
Smart: ...I can't remember this, either D:
Tough: Luxray

Once my DS has finished charging I'll provide details =_=

Back
Top Bottom