• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Tier I] (New) Araka City Gym

Shadow Serenity

Lurking
Pronoun
He/Him
Welcome to the New Araka Town Gym! Since the revamp, some things have changed, so this is the new gym now (so don't confuse it with the old, locked one next door). I'd just like to thank the HC and everyone else for allowing me to keep my position. And now! Moving on...

In this Tier 1 gym, you can battle the leader (me) for the Mirror Badge. Of course, there are a few rules that need be followed, so I’ll list explain those first, and because I'm a semi-perfectionist, I'll pretty much spell it out for you too so people don't have to ask silly questions:

Rules
-Challengers choose the type of battle
Simple, really. Single or double, first of all. Then the number of pokemon, three (four in the case of doubles) or six. I would also prefer a general tier preference; just a general idea of the type of pokemon you'll be using would be preferable. So, if you're using mostly UUs, I can pick a team so that I won't have too much of an advantage in stats, for example (and no, I'm not asking you to tell me exactly what pokemon you've picked.) There is a link to the tier list I'm following (Smogon's) below in the Links section.

-Sleep Clause, Double Team, and Species Clauses are active.
These explanations are mostly intended as just a reminder, both for myself and potential challengers. Sleep Clause means that only one Pokemon on a trainer’s team can be asleep at a time. Double Team clause basically means that evasion moves (Double Team and Minimize) are banned here. This only affects similar moves to those, but not things like Smokescreen, for example. Species clause means that all 6 Pokemon on a trainer’s team must be different, so no using two Gyarados on the same team. I reserve the right to cancel the battle if one of these clauses is broken.

Also, note that I’ve not included a Freeze Clause here, as I've seen some do. My reason is simple: no move causes pure freeze (similarly to how Thunder Wave causes pure paralysis), so the only way to freeze is the side effect of an attack and it’s not possible to (completely) control when that side effect kicks in, thus I feel it's illogical to punish someone for an effect that cannot be controlled.

-Duplicate Items are allowed
Another pretty simple rule: Many places require that held all items are different. Here, I DO allow multiple Pokemon to hold the same item. Also, I don't care if you use so-called "hax" items (Quick Claw, etc.). Just be aware that I may have one or two also.

-Upon losing a battle, challengers must wait one week for a rematch, unless special circumstances apply.
Basically, if you lose to me, you have to wait a week before requesting another battle. I may have other things to do than battle you five times in a row.

-Please expect to wait one day after making a challenge before a battle
This is more of a request than a rule. I would like to have one day's notice before a time is set for a battle, simply to prepare. I've recently discovered something called my life, so I'm not online 24/7 as I was when the gym was open the first go-around. This gives me a bit of room to work things out. Oh, and this doesn't mean that I won't be open for a battle right away, either.

That’s all there is to the rules for now. More may be added if need be, and the current rules are subject to change.

Banned Pokemon
-Of course, the Dachét League’s Official Ban List is in effect, so none of those Pokemon should be used. No others are banned at the moment.

Current Availability
-Generally any day, for the moment; Noon-8pm preferable, though I can go a bit later if need be. Time zone GMT -5.

-Upcoming absence dates include:
1. September 11th - I've had other plans in the works for a week or so, so this Saturday I won't be home.
2. October 8th-10th - I'll be at EXPcon down here, and not at home for the weekend.

Important Reminders
-Do not forget to post a link to your ID when issuing a challenge (My ID, including Friend Codes, is in the links section). While it is part of my responsibility to assure that you are a registered member of the league before making a challenge, it is NOT my responsibility to go to the records office and search for it. This is the rule, not only in my Gym, but whenever you do anything in the League.

-Concerning disconnections: I’m using a USB Connector in order to conduct battles, and along with it, I use a laptop as my main computer, so my Internet connection is poor, to say the least. I have also noticed that I tend to have a hard time actually beginning a battle over Wi-fi, for reasons I just can't explain, since I rarely have problems doing trades (I haven't tested Wifi Battling via my new router, so this problem may or may not be resolved). Usually things run smoothly once the battle starts, though I have had battles disconnect seemingly with no reason before. Anyway, I want it clear right now that, no matter what the situation in battle, the only case in which I will purposely disconnect is if the challenger has made a rule violation, in which case I will send a PM informing you why the battle was discontinued - I do not support the idea of disconnecting instead of accepting a loss, and there's no way in hell I'd be doing it. Heck, if you're clearly winning and my net drops, I might just award you the victory anyway.

New News (As of September 9th, 2010)
-9/6/10: League's back in business, baby! Welcome back, everyone. I'd just like to point out that for the last two or three days, my Internet has been absolutely awful. I've been getting disconnected every few minutes. It doesn't seem to be a problem with my router, so I'll be contacting my ISP shortly. Till then, though, battles might be a struggle. Just warning ya.
-9/9/10: Well, my Internet is back to normal (well, for itself, anyway).

Links
My ID
Gym Leader/Challenger Rules
Dachét League Official Rules and Information
Dachét League Ban List
Smogon’s Tier List

Challengers and Dates/Times
pwnemon: Sunday, 1 pm; 6-vs-6 OU singles.

Rematches
None currently

Winning Challengers
superbird on 9/10/10

Last edited:
I might as well. See that Trainer Card in my Sig? I want to give it badges. I'll start here. My timezone is GMT-5 as well, so want to arrange a time this weekend?

This weekend is fine. Friday or Sunday though, as I'm going to be out Saturday. ...I should correct that in the availability, no? Anyways, since we're in the same time zone, I'm pretty much free whenever isn't Saturday, so what day/time works best for you?

Edit: Oh, and if you can give me a general tier preference, that would be great. :P

Back
Top Bottom