• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[NIGHT 0] Mafia Choice Mafia

...?
Uh, that was something?
When I was getting innocent bystander training, I didn't take the "person-who-may-or-may-not-be-evil-diving-behind-a-hedge" course. I thought it was extra credit.
So, anyone take that course? Because I don't know if we should lynch 'em or something... or if it's a joke...?

Geez, no one's done this yet?

1. JackPK: TV Tropes Mafia (50-strong TV Tropes mafia mess; unfinished)
  2. Superbird: Reverse Mafia (Players were dead to begin with, "dying" revives them; mafia win)
  3. Stryke: the very bestest mafiya game (like no one ever was) (it was very good)
  4. Zero Moment: Greek Mythology Mafia (non-choice game with roles vaguely derived from the powers of deities and creatures from greek mythology; cult win)
  5. Vipera Magnifica: Song Choice Mafia (players chose songs and were assigned roles accordingly; unfinished)
  6. sanderidge: Capitalist Democracy Mafia (game in which players would accumulate money and spend it on certain night actions or on their day votes, with more expensive votes being worth more; town win)
  7. Music Dragon: Mafia Choice Mafia (you know damn well; you tell me)
  8. Cynder: Sinnoh Choice Pokémafia (choice pokémafia where players chose locations in sinnoh and were assigned Pokémon found in that location and appropriate roles; alien win)
  9. Phoenix of the Night: Fandom Mafia 4 (most recent installment of a game where players are assigned roles based on characters relevant to fandoms that they're in; pseudo-survivor win)
  10. Wargle: Username Mafia (roles were assigned based on players' usernames; mafia win)
  11. I liek Skeletons: Sprites!Mafia (distincitively 2013/2014 game in which players chose videogame characters and sprinkled that character's sprites in their speech; town win)
  12. Metallica Fanboy: DIY Pokémafia (entirely straightforward choice pokémafia, the first of many; town win)
  13. Butterfree: Trainer Class Choice Pokéchoice Mafia (players chose Pokémon trainer classes and were assigned Pokémon and powers accordingly, setup had the twist that there several third-party killers and no mafiosi; town win)
  14. DarkAura: Vanilla Mafia (actually Vigilante Mafia, an all-vig game where winning required lynching Vipera Magnifica (the GM); that wasn't done, resulting in a GM win)
Also worth mentioning: Calvinball Mafia (anything-goes game consisting solely of issuing proposals to the GM; Eifie, Mai and the GM accured the most wins, details here)

There, that should save everyone a lot of effort. I'll make an actual contribution soon, once I'm done reading everything, being that people are talking a lot for once.

I'm just gonna assume that was a joke. Why did I choose something this confusing for my first mafia?
Probably because i'm an idiot everyone here is so GREAT! ehehehe...

First of all: whoo, perpetual N0! It's been a while.

That flip is... pretty relieving, really. Barring a larger setup twist, we probably don't have enough players for multiple third-parties, so it's very good to have that out of the way when so many games on our playerlist were third-party wins or very close to being so.

(Also, hopefully, no one is going to think Mimikyu went the obvious route with my role.)

Puzzling out JackPK's exact role is probably going to be a doozy and a half, and not necessarily productive -- he was representing a complicated 50-player game that we never got the role list to (unless Butterfree would like to contribute that, of course -- not that it'd be useful, since Mimikyu wouldn't have had the list when he was assigning roles either, but hey, I'm sure everyone's still curious).

That said, the most conventional non-lethal third party role out there is probably the Cultist, and we sure haven't seen any of those in a while now... I'd consider that a strong possibility, and if we assume it, it either means that a) JackPK's death means no more players will be recruited, although we'll likely still run into one surviving cultist; or b) JackPK was actually recruited and killed tonight and the recruiter is still out there, in which case, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

In any case, I suppose Negrek is worth lynching. Think about it: a Viking Chef would use boats.

Jester (wincon: get lynched) is not used much here, as Alien (bulletproof, wins if lynched after being shot once) lends itself better to asynchronous Mafia.
Correction: Jester (wincon: get lynched) is not used much here, as Jester (wincon: get lynched) should not be used much anywhere.

*brain explodes*
So it wasn't a joke but then it was but then it wasn't but then-
I don't know. Someone explain this to me. If it's not a joke, then lynch Negrek i guess.
i'm so confused please help me

(I'd like to use sprites in the spirit of the game I chose. Is everyone okay with that? I ask because they can take up a good amount of space.)

Wow! Certainly interesting that we start off the game with a third party kill.

It's a bit far-fetched, but I find killing Jack off on the first night seems a bit... odd, almost jokey. They were TVTropes Mafia. Eh, it's a silly observation.

Some really conclusive evidence against Negrek... I'd say they borked it up.

You can't kill me!! I'm the lord of the mfking sky!!!

Metallica Fanboy said:
In any case, I suppose Negrek is worth lynching. Think about it: a Viking Chef would use boats.
also screw u and ur boats

You can't kill me!! I'm the lord of the mfking sky!!!

also screw u and ur boats
Lo, your skies have already chosen a new lord -- a king, as it were! With the skies and the seas against you, it's only a matter of time before the land joins us to finish the deed.

*brain explodes*
So it wasn't a joke but then it was but then it wasn't but then-
I don't know. Someone explain this to me. If it's not a joke, then lynch Negrek i guess.
i'm so confused please help me
We're joking.

And I can't edit my last post to amend this, but:
Exactly. Negrek is clearly probably incognito, but we're on to them!
Exactly! Negrek is always scum when she's inactive, as we all know. Not joining the game in the first place is the ultimate inactivity -- ergo, Negrek must be ultimate scum.

Can't argue with those statistics!

Negrek for Super High School Level Scum 2k16

Maybe I should have taken up knitting...
Anyway, are we making any actual game moves or are we all going to abstain?
Seems like a good enough move with such little evidence.

I just realized I haven't posted here. screeches.

hmm although the evidence on negrek is super clear I think we should lynch that anonymous player named abstain!! because we have nothing better to do today

(or do we...? after being in a couple mafia games I still haven't got a good feel for them aha)

Correction: Jester (wincon: get lynched) is not used much here, as Jester (wincon: get lynched) should not be used much anywhere.
Jester is a perfectly fine role. Alien is worse, because it takes much more time to execute and its win is both difficult to set up and easier for the other factions to avoid (plus, Alien has the fatal flaw of not being able to activate itself, so if a player is just unlucky they can go the entire game without having a chance of being lynched.

I do a lot of IRL mafia these days, and Jester is much preferable with our lynch-happy crowd. Sticking one into a game prevents the town from getting too lynch-happy and allows some exciting high-tension games to happen that just wouldn't be possible if the role had to be hit with a killing role and not die first. I agree that Jester is not appropriate in this format of Mafia, but in real life it's much better, at least with the group I tend to play with.

(or do we...? after being in a couple mafia games I still haven't got a good feel for them aha)

No, we have nothing to do today. Bar wild mass guessing (I'm still convinced JackPK was some sort of third-party killing role, though even knowing that gets us nowhere), there's little we can actually do.

I should reiterate, though, this is a fourteen-person game. Pretty large - there pretty much has to be at least three killing roles, and the Mafia definitely only has one. The town probably only has one vig, leaving a third-party killer with its own wincon to be likely.

Back
Top Bottom