• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Tier II] Arkra City Gym

Arylett Charnoa

Barely existent.
Pronoun
Arkra City Gym

Badge: Scarlet Badge​

Arkra City is a city of everlasting dawn, surrounded by a field of red and white dawnflowers. It is known for its many large buildings that are various hues of reds, yellows, and orange. As a result, walking there for many first time visitors is a bit of a shock, rather like a pastel factory exploded all over the place, actually. But this is only because the people of the city have embraced the dawn as part of their culture, wishing to coat themselves in its beautiful colours. The city itself is named after "arkra," a word which, amongst its citizens' unique dialect, can either mean "aura" or "dawn's light."

There resides a certain type of unique population, a type of spiritual emotional people who have a peculiar obsession with caninelike Pokemon. They're sort of like hippies, really. Sometimes called dawnhippies. Except a lot crazier when angered, due to their belief that one should express and rely on all of their emotions. They're a bit... weird.

The one thing though, that you're most certainly here for, the main attraction, that seems to catch everyone's eye is the large vividly red domelike building in the center of town. This is the Arkra City Gym. Unlike most buildings in town, which are painted in pleasant light pastel shades, the gym's colour ASSAULTS the eyes. What sort of crazed gym leader would choose such an awful colour scheme for her gym?

Enter one Arylett Charnoa Dawnsborough, a bizarre and reclusive girl with extremely ridiculous curly hair often known for her fits of eccentricity, laziness, and moodiness. (or alternatively, known to some as "annoyingness") Pretty much, a typical Arkra City resident! She, like the rest of Arkra City, shares an obsession with dawn colours, more specifically, red, as you may or may not know ("...Are you kidding me? Of COURSE I know, her gym is FREAKING RED.") as well as a obsession with caninelike Pokemon, which she tends to like to use in battle. At times though, she will also use various other kind of Pokemon, so do not think you'll only be seeing doggies and foxies and what have you.

And of course, you want to challenge her, don't you? Well, not so fast, buster! Gotta get through the crazy traps of insane rabid Houndoom, flaming hula hoops, and a forest of sticky thorned dawnflowers. (You see, Arylett is a bit... sadistic. She often watches her challengers' struggles through hidden cameras and giggles to herself. Well hey, you try never leaving your gym once in a while, it gets boring! A girl's gotta have entertainment!) After you brave this horrendous and perilous quest, (as trying to get through Arylett's gym is often described) you'd think, oh FINALLY, I get to fight the gym leader! Right? Well... no. Once you're out of that dawnflower forest, a voice screams out to you... well, actually, my voice.

Surprise, surprise, I'm Arylett! Oh, such a big reveal.

I humbly welcome you to my gym, my brave and beautiful challenger! But I can't let you challenge me just yet, oh no. Despite how crazy this whole shindig is, there's got to be some ORDER and some RULES in this chaos. So here they are:

1.) All battles here are to be Level 100, Single, 6-on-6, in Gen IV. In Gen V, they are to be level 50, Single, 3-on-3 for Gen V, called "Flat Battle" in-game. Apparently there is no level 100 option and the only way to regulate your Pokémon's levels is to have a 3-on-3. In this option, any Pokémon bellow level 50 does NOT get boosted to that level, so if you've got Pokémon at lower levels, I'd advise going for Gen IV instead for a fairer fight. DS games only. I don't really care if Voice Chat's on or not, but if you don't want it on, then I won't have it on.

2.) Rest easy, and breath deep, 'cause here at the Arkra City Gym, we let it all hang out. You can use whatever Pokemon you want provided it's not on the Wi-Fi League ban list. Oh and no Legendaries either.

3.) And now you think, I can use WHATEVER Pokemon I want? I can use a team of Rhyhorn with Horn Drill and totally own her! No, my good sir or madam, because Species Clause and OHKO Clause are in effect. Anything else is free game.

4.) Oh my, you've got a shaky internet connection, my dear? Worry not; I will rematch you again provided that you have more than two Pokemon left prior to the disconnection. Pretty much, if I was about to faint your last two Pokemon, then it's a loss on your part and you have to try again. For Gen IV, that is. For Gen V, it's if you have more than one Pokémon left, then you can rematch immediately. If I was about to faint your last Pokémon, then that counts as a loss. Other than that, I'm pretty lenient about this.

5.) Drat! You lost and now you want to try again... well, I'm not a battling machine, you know! Maybe I've got something to do other than giggle as people struggle through my insane gym traps! You've got to wait five days before rematching me, so I can recharge my batteries!

6.) Got EV-trained Pokémon and want to use them, but you're not quite fully competitive? Well, here at the Arkra City Gym, you can! Just tell me and I'll whip out my EV-trained team. Also, please do NOT use ANY EV-trained Pokémon without informing me. This is mainly just for people who like to/have EV-trained, but aren't into competitive battling. Like me.

THE WHEN AND THE HOW

So you know the rules now! Excited? Ready to make a challenge? NOT YET. The question is... when and how can you make a challenge? See, like I said, sometimes I like to do stuff other than giggle at you poor hapless challengers.

TIMEZONE: GMT -5

WEEKDAYS AVAILABLE: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

TIMES AVAILABLE: 3:00 PM to 2:00 AM.

Simply step up, post your challenge post in this thread after you've all slicked up on the rules (and gotten through my traps, you brave lucky person), and I shall reply to it accepting your challenge. After that, we can iron out the details over PM or Visitor Message or in the thread, like what day and time we'll do the battle, etc.

Here's my Wi-Fi ID too, for convenience. Please add either my HeartGold or Black depending on your preference, those are where I will be doing all of my battles.

So that's really all there is to it? Yep! Now... you may go forth... and battle me. Will you be on the Arkra Winner's List? Oh, we shall see... we shall see... (overdramatic much?)

THE NOTES AND UPDATE SOUP:

(9/06/2010) It begins and challenges are officially open to any and all!

(1/12/2010) Minorly tweaked the times I'm on at.

(4/8/2011) Added fifth gen friend code. A battle in the fifth generation is now an option. ALL Legendary Pokémon are now banned. And lastly, an option that nobody will probably use: the chance to battle with EV-trained Pokémon non-competitively.

CHALLENGERS LISTS

MOURMEDY PENDING CHALLENGERS LIST

CHARCILL REMATCH WAITING LIST

*ARKRA WINNER'S LIST*
SonicNintendo​

Last edited:
Ooh! My first challenge. I like that idea, anteing up a badge. When are you able to battle? I, for the most part, have a really flexible schedule.

Okay, so we finally had our LONG awaited battle and Sonic Nintendo won. So I officially proclaim the Scarlet Badge his. Congratulations!

Updated with some minor stuff for the fifth gen. Ah, not that anybody will notice. These gyms are so dead and it makes me sad. >:

Back
Top Bottom