• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

USA will disintegrate in June

to be honest the EU would be like ":| THE UK IS ENOUGH WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE OF YOU ENGLISH-SPEAKING SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES"

"did not consider Morocco to be a European country" is not the same as "did not consider Morocco to be on the European continent". Azerbaijan, for example, which is very much in Asia, would probably have a decent chance of joining the EU.

"did not consider Morocco to be a European country" is not the same as "did not consider Morocco to be on the European continent". Azerbaijan, for example, which is very much in Asia, would probably have a decent chance of joining the EU.

So a country can be considered European without being in Europe? I'm a little confused at this because every argument I've ever heard has been "oh no but Turkey's not in Europe so of course it can't join the EU!" and then the counterargument "But there's that little enclave in Europe so yeah duh Turkey has the opportunity to join!". So yeah, I guess there's more to the issue than I've heard.

So a country can be considered European without being in Europe?

Yup. If memory serves, Azerbaijan was described as being European for "geopolitical" reasons, whatever that means.

I'm a little confused at this because every argument I've ever heard has been "oh no but Turkey's not in Europe so of course it can't join the EU!" and then the counterargument "But there's that little enclave in Europe so yeah duh Turkey has the opportunity to join!".

It's not an enclave, there's just a channel separating the two halves of Turkey (an enclave would be entirely within another country's borders). But yes, that is hardly the problem, and anyone who thinks so is, quite frankly, grossly misinformed.

... ...
... ...
Okay, Tea party activists / Green party members, whatever differences exist between the two, I don't really care, but they're crazy enough without crackpot theories from other countries. They don't need Russians helping them make less sense than they do now. They do just fine causing an unneeded stir on their own.

Oh, what webs we weave when politics we play...
Wait, what? Green party's very liberal and thinks that the two-party system should be thrown out because it's stupid. I still don't know what the hell tea party activists WANT, but they keep complaining about how the republican party isn't religious (as in fundamentalist christian) enough for them and they willingly call themselves teabaggers. Tea party supports Palin. Green party doesn't want to support anyone because that's buying into the system.

Will not happen this year, if at all for a long time, and definitely not through the ways he stated.

But it's his bleak forecast for the U.S. that is music to the ears of the Kremlin, which in recent years has blamed Washington for everything from instability in the Middle East to the global financial crisis. Mr. Panarin's views also fit neatly with the Kremlin's narrative that Russia is returning to its rightful place on the world stage after the weakness of the 1990s, when many feared that the country would go economically and politically bankrupt and break into separate territories.

Right, so USA is, in my view, at least partially responsible for some global turbulence, but Russia back on global stage? Har har. If anyone rises to world dominance to fill up the power vacuum left by the collapse of USA, if that were possible (which, I think, is slowly but surely inevitable) would be Japan. SUPah mega-zorp robots and naval tank assault bad CnC reference

Okay, Tea party activists / Green party members, whatever differences exist between the two, I don't really care, but they're crazy enough without crackpot theories from other countries. They don't need Russians helping them make less sense than they do now. They do just fine causing an unneeded stir on their own.

The Green Party and the tea party movement are about as far apart politically as it is possible to be.

If anyone rises to world dominance to fill up the power vacuum left by the collapse of USA, if that were possible (which, I think, is slowly but surely inevitable) would be Japan.

What? Never mind the USA collapsing, China will be the single world power in fifty years regardless.

100 squids (quids?) says they already do and they have kept it secret. For their instantaneous take-over-da-world scheme. And it was a Red Alert reference, I consider myself lucky for never seeing (being able to see) Gundam, from what I've heard of it.

And anyway, I don't see in any manner how China can rise to an, er, uber world power. It might be very powerful right now, but I have reasons to doubt that it could progress further.

It might be very powerful right now, but I have reasons to doubt that it could progress further.

they're already leaning on k-rudd here in aus to try and push for internet censorship, unfortunately.

Fifty quid says they do in twenty years.
We might get BuCUEs in twenty years. Hell, even Tekkamen (or at least far less powerful, flashy versions) are somewhat feasible. But sadly, bipedal mecha are never ever going to happen thanks to a shitty little thing called 'physics'. :(

I consider myself lucky for never seeing (being able to see) Gundam, from what I've heard of it.
(some) Gundam is actually really awesome tho'. >:(

It might be very powerful right now, but I have reasons to doubt that it could progress further.

It's already the world's strongest economy (until recently, it was second not to the US but to Germany, which I find interesting). I'd love to hear your reasons.

Back
Top Bottom