• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

i am like 100% sure that the majority of you do not remember me

ZimD

Ben Wade's Assistant Coach
Pronoun
he
some of you do but the majority don't

so please, allow me to introduce myself. i'm a man of wealth and taste. i've been around for a long long year

i suppose that i'll start off with a brief history of my time on this website, since i'm certain at least a few people wonder when i was on here before due to the fact that i mentioned some of you may remember me.

well on the old forums (or whatever the pre-crash forums are called these days), i was a really really quiet member. i had an avatar of stinkoman from homestar runner, and you bet your ass i wasn't afraid to use it. i posted occasionally in general pokemon discussion or forum games but that was really about it, i was just a casual viewer. but then, in late june of '08 i believe, the forums crashed or... something, i don't totally remember. i don't rememer why it happened but i know that everything got deleted. every post, every account, everything. so i saw this as a nice fresh start to NOT be the quiet guy in the back of the class.

my favorite board was forum games, and my activity on that board alone led me to quickly rise to the tip of the top. forum games used to count for your total post count - i don't have a clue if it does these days - but back then it did, and i was active as hell in it, so i quickly became the top poster. something that means literally nothing to the majority of you, but i was somewhat proud of it since i like useless stuff. (i'm not even close to my old post count of like 6,000 or something anymore since a lot of topics in Forum Games were deleted for being spammy)

anywhoo, i stuck around here for a while... maybe like 7-8 months? i'm not sure, at some point in early 2009 i decided to leave. it was partly because of what i saw as biased moderation at the time, and it was partly because i simply lost interest due to the topics i loved in forum games being removed. primarily the latter. also, a lot of my friends were leaving, due to the aforementioned biased moderation, so i really didn't have a whole lot of a reason to stick around. i logged in occasionally and tried to post, and check pms, but really i just lost interest too much to care. so i pretty much left. not like an official "I CANT TAKE IT IM LEAVING" thing, just because i gradually lost interest and my activity slowly waned to nothing. (i really hope i'm using the word waned right because i honestly don't think i've ever used it in a sentence before)

so that's my nice long history, if you're still reading i congratulate you, but that's just the first half of this post. now that we've moved past, well, the past, let's go on to the present. if you knew me way back when, you've probably noticed my typing style has changed. i no longer give enough of a shit to hit the shift key. this really isn't worth mentioning, i just want to congratulate those of you who may have noticed it on your sharp eye.

what i meant by "let's go on to the present" is that i'll stop rambling on with my boring shit about my past life on here at this point, and start rambling on with my boring shit about who i am today. not what i used to be like on these forums.

well i'm fourteen years old, first of all. my birthday is june 23rd, 1995. the 175th day of the year in leap years so it's a nice number if you're like me and like numbers that are multiples of 25. historical things that happened on june 23rd are that in 1991, moldova declared independence. i share my birthday with JT Thomas, who was born in 1984. he's the winner of survivor: tocantins, and a current contestant on survivor: heroes vs villains. i love survivor, you see. but we'll get to that later.

as for the next letter in "asl", my sex is male, last time i checked. not much to say about this one so i may as well add my sexual orientation, since it starts with the same three letters. i'm bisexual with a pretty strong preference for males. i have a huge crush on dan gheesling of big brother 10 (reality tv, woot woot)

and finally, my location. arlington heights, a suburb of chicago, in illinois. famous people from arlington heights include ray kroc, the founder of mcdonalds, walter payton, football player, and steve chen, founder of youtube, who goes to the very high school i'll be attending. don't you just love wikipedia?

alright... now that i've gotten past the first 3 letters of almost every conversation on omegle - you know exactly what i'm talking about if you've ever been on that website even once - i have to start actually thinking of what to put. hmm. i'll start with reality tv, since i already mentioned that. i'm addicted to reality tv and i take it as a personal insult if you tell me it's rigged (except american idol because i will 100% agree with you there). so don't even start with the "SURVIVOR IS FAKE", okay? thanks babes.

now my favorite reality tv show is the one i've mentioned so many times so far, and it's survivor. i haven't seen even close to every season, though. i've seen Australia, Pearl Islands, Gabon, Tocantins, Samoa, and the first episode of Heroes V Villains which was on last night. i'm halfway through watching China on YouTube, and i know who wins so don't worry about spoiling that. my all-time favorite castaways have to be: (skip the following if you don't watch survivor)
- Jerri Manthey, Australia. haven't seen this girl in all-stars yet but dang was she a loveable bitch in australia, at least to me.
- Colby, Australia. he was pretty cool, and he could whoop your ass at individual immunity.
- Sandra, Pearl Islands. sassy and classy at the same time, and god do i love her for it. strategically, she may not have deserved to win that season - i personally feel jonny fairplay should have - but as far as personality goes, she's one of my favorites of all time.
- Jonny Fairplay, Pearl Islands. the one guy on this list you probably have heard of even if you don't watch the show, he's (in)famous for having his buddy say his grandmother died so that people would feel bad for him. if i get on big brother at some point i'm going to rip off his move and say my mom died right before i came on the show. you just wait and see. i'll do it.
- Gabon was shitty. Randy was the only person from it who was even a little bit cool.
- Tyson Apostol, The Magical Mormon Of Tocantins. tyson is, in my eyes, the very epitome of "you love him or hate him". a lot of people think he's an intolerable douchebag; i found him to be a source of nonstop laughter throughout the season, and i'm looking forward to him in H vs V!
- Coach Ben Wade, of tocantins. so bad he's good, is the only way i can sum up this guy. i loved coach's tall tales he told about himself, and jeff probst's comment about "Coach leading the Villains tribe, with all his life experience on the kayak" had me laughing so hard i had to pause the show until i could breathe. fun to laugh at, coach.
- Taj, of tocantins. if you watched tocantins you loved taj and i don't have to explain shit.
- JT, of tocantins. played a fantastic game. only second to Sandra in terms of my favorite winners.
- Russell Hantz, of Samoa. also a love him or hate him dude. i love him because he played a fantastic game and if you try and deny that at this point then frankly you're an idiot. he was fucking robbed.
- Todd Herzog, China. i'm like halfway thru this season but god i love this guy
- Courtney Yates, China. again, i'm only halfway thru this season - haven't even gotten to merge - so i'm sure i haven't even seen the best of her, but lord do i love her so far.

tocantins was the best season of survivor i've seen; samoa would be if not for the fucking TERRIBLE outcome.

now on to big brother. i'll try and keep this a little shorter and simply say that i've seen BB6/BB8/BB10/BB11, and that michele noonan bb11, janelle pierzina bb6, and dan gheesling bb10 could kick your fucking ass. if you watched any of those seasons you know what i'm talking about.
SOV6 FTW
FUCK NERD HERD
btw there's a website online where you can play bb-based games, it's addictive as hell and filled with great folks, if you like BB then pm me and i'll link you!

IF YOU DON'T WATCH REALITY TV YOU MAY NOW STOP SCROLLING AND CONTINUE READING IF YOU WANT
sorry for all that, i just love rambling about reality tv.

OH SHIT I FORGOT TO MENTION SOLITARY
solitary is an obscure reality show which my little personal message thing "you only have yourself to blame" and my avatar come from. that's all i'll say about it so i don't ramble again. (TYLER OF 2.0 IS GOD)

well now i'll start talking about things everyone can understand and that aren't limited to those who watch the same tv i do. let's go on to music, since i love music almost as much as reality tv. if i'm on my computer i'm listening to music. that is a fact, not an exaggeration. my taste is pretty wide but mostly i love the 80s. my last.fm is here for those who want to just skim over what bands i listen to the most:
www.last.fm/user/zimdelinvasor

alright i'm really trying to keep it brief now since i'm sure that not a single person has read everything i've typed. after reality tv and music, the thing that i feel defines me the most is my political views. i'm pretty fucking liberal about most issues, and iirc so are most of the people on here. marijuana should be legalized. we need to GTFO iraq. marriage is a human right, not a heterosexual privelage. (i mentioned earlier that i'm bi right?) abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. i consider those facts more than i do my own personal opinions, and i'm going to enjoy the debating hall forum if that place is still around these days and filled with an occasional ignorant conservative.

please note that just because i feel very strongly about my political views does not mean i refuse to be friends with those who disagree with me; hell, i like being friends with conservatives sometimes, if they aren't too hardcore, since i really love debating stuff with friends.

if you're still reading at this point i congratulate you for surviving my wall of text and your patience far exceeds my expectations. i apologize for my wall of text! here's the short version for those who just skimmed to the bottom
- 14 years old.
- live near chicago.
- bisexual male.
- the name's russ (this is actually the first time i've said that tho)
- love reality tv
- love a lot of music, my last.fm is www.last.fm/user/zimdelinvasor
- liberal on a lot of issues and love debates

....wait why did i not just make that my entire post instead of spending a half-hour typing all this
... oh right because i like walls of text

SO ANYWAYS I'M GONNA STOP TYPING NOW, SO BAI
looking forward to meeting all the people who joined in the last like 6 months, and hookin' up with old acquaintances again! i promise that all my posts aren't this long.
peace <3

yep. russ is my name. call me that if you want or zim if you're used to it, i don't mind much either way. i like russ better but people on most other websites call me zim so really i don't care what you call me

my goodness these forums lag!

Hello! I remember your name, indeedly so! ^^ Haha, my memory is random. Welcome back. =D

i still am on the top, pretty much due to the fact that nobody's logged on there anymore. actually it's being closed due to inactivity

shit ruffledfeathers. i totally recognize that username but idk who you are.

wassup zora <33

YET ANOTHER PERSON who i recognize the username of, but have no idea who they are

I remember you but I don't know if I actually talked to you or anything vov

UV, i don't believe i ever talked to you but i definitely remember having seen you around. And the same goes for Psymon

Blaziking I think that we talked a bit. Since I remember you well enough to remember you had a Magneton avatar once which I probs wouldn't just randomly remember. And I just feel like I remember you more

I remember you (to an extent), didn't know you'd even left but it's not like I ever pay attention to anything anyway

good to see you

Back
Top Bottom