• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Zek, the Shadow Spy.

Two questions. Do you choose to use my service, and do you HATE that header?

• Total voters

是Zek是

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby Right Round!
Hello, I'm 是Zek是, though if you don't want to copy my name, call me Zek or Zeko. (Zek with no stress, and stress on the E and O in Zeko.)

I specialize in language translating. Give me anything; Fanfiction, RPs, Posts, I don't care. Request me through PM.

Well, see ya around Dragonfly Cave!

¡Adiós, Libélulas!

PS: Don't blame me if it comes out differently. I use a translator, but know a bit of Japanese. My Backwards Translator shows the message differently, though I'll try to find a way around it.

Hm. Welcome. I have an interest in languages as well. What are you studying, and what do you feel you know well enough to translate between? Did you choose your kanji (是) from Chinese or Japanese? What is a "backwards translator"? And... what use do you think people would gain from you translating their fanfiction, roleplaying, or forum posts into another language? Sorry for the third degree, I'm just curious.

(Also, it's "The Cave of Dragonflies", not "Dragonfly Cave.)

よろしく!

Sorry about that, and as far as I know, I do Kanji in Japanese. I can translate Chinese, however. And the Backwards Translator is a function in FireFox's ImTranslator. Onece you type in whatever your text is, it translates it to the other language. A popup window then pops up, showing what you were saying in the other language. However, it might be messed up.

In simple terms, ImTranslator can translate a Language to Another language, and... Here's an example.

Let's say Hello, People of Dragonfly Cave! in.

It comes out as こんにちは、洞窟トンボの人々に!

But the backwards translator retranslates it back to English, and sometimes the translation can be messed up. That sentence came out as "Hello, people of many dragonflies in the cave!"

It's strange, but if you're not careful, it comes out as something completely different. That is why I'm trying to learn actual Japanese Kanji instead of using trnaslators. I'm hoping to get one of those RosetaStone sets.

Well, my lecture got big.

EDIT: And Thank you. I'm actually American, (Though you didn't mention anything, I don't see why I'm typing this) but I still do have a big interest in the Japanese Culture and Language.

Rosetta Stone's pretty awful... as is autotranslate. Why do you say you do translations when you just use autotranslate?

Hey there, welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies, and have a good time. Nice to see you're trying to write Japanese but... Española supera a todos!

こんにちは! 私はZuZuである。 私はYahoo'を推薦した; あなたの翻訳のためのs Babelfishの訳者。 とにかく、トンボの洞窟で素晴らしいひとときを過ごしなさい。

TRANSLATION:
Hello! I am ZuZu. I recommended Yahoo's Babel Fish translator for your translations.

Anyway, have a nice time at The Cave of Dragonflies.

こんにちは! 私はZuZuである。 私はYahoo'を推薦した; あなたの翻訳のためのs Babelfishの訳者。 とにかく、トンボの洞窟で素晴らしいひとときを過ごしなさい。

TRANSLATION:
Hello! I am ZuZu. I recommended Yahoo's Babel Fish translator for your translations.

Anyway, have a nice time at The Cave of Dragonflies.

"Good morning! I am the one known as ZuZu. I did a recommendation for Yahoo; your translation is for Babelfish's translator. At any rate, spend wonderful moments at dragonfly's cave."

You want はじめまして, not こんにちは; you sound weird using 私, just drop the pronoun; である is used for formal written texts (like... court records, not forum posts) and you want the simple です; no one would use 推薦した, they'd use 勧めた...

And this is why you can't call yourself a translator if you use automated translation services.

babelfish is bad at everything except for making amusing mistranslations.

Well, nevermind the translations. And DAMMIT WHY DOES MAH PC KEEP FORGETTIN MEH? EDIT: Nvm that. I'm using IE.

Back
Top Bottom