• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Relic of the Lost God [Sign-up/OOC] Open

Still a space open at all?

Also, what sort of time-period are we talking here? Present day, or earlier than that? (I need to know so that I can make my character dress the part :P)

Well, seeing as the "Golden Era of Pirates" ended 1726 and the ship hasn't been seen for over a hundred years, we are somewhere in the 1826-on range. Its pretty open what the time zone is.

Alrighty then, let's give this a shot. Since you didn't say anything against a spot being open, I'll assume there is ;)

Name: Nathaniel Archer (is willing to answer to pretty much any nickname given)
Appearance: Nathaniel is fairly tall and quite skinny, though don't mistake "thin" for "weak" - he's quite strong, even if he doesn't look it. He has teal eyes and reddish-brown hair tied back into a short ponytail at the base of his skull. One ear is pierced with a gold ring, though the other piercing seems to have gone missing and the ear has since healed up.

His usual outfit is a rust-brown waistcoat with a undecorated white shirt underneath, one that seems a little too large for him. His trousers are often quite plain, again their loose fit giving the appearance of a man too thin for his clothes - though this is more a fault with the clothes and Nathaniel's budget than it is with his figure. He wears a pair of decent leather boots, one of which has a small knife strapped to it. Most of the time he has a messenger bag slung over his shoulders, filled with supplies. A life spent looking at books means Nathaniel usually wears pair of silver-rimmed glasses (this style, not modern) to read.

Personality: It's difficult to get Nathaniel angry, since he is usually calm and level-headed. While he's not exactly a chatterbox, he isn't completely silent either and usually tries to help those who seem to be feeling down.
Why did you join the Pirates: He's always been fascinated with the sea and wants the chance to get offshore and experience it for himself - he's tired of just reading about it in books.
Other: He has a Meowth called Kay. She spends most of her time either sitting on Nathaniel's shoulder, or exploring the area in his immediate vicinity (though she never strays far). Her eyes are blue instead of the normal brown of other Meowths, and she's a little smaller than average.

Not sure if I can still apply, but the Roleplay does say "Open". I've tried to do this twice before, and both times they were swallowed by Data Vampires.

Name:Shane Valor
Appearance:A wiry-built teen. His hair is black and close-cropped. His eyes are mud-colored, and he could be described as 'small' or 'scrawny'. He doesn't look seventeen, as their is a youthful look to his face. He has a long scar stretching from his right thigh to just above his waist, where he fell and was cut open by a nail. It will never fade.

Personality:Shane is rather hard to peg. His usual demeanor would be quiet, but he is not afraid to speak his mind. He is usually quite intelligent, but sometimes lacks the common sense to use this practically. He is quite creative and imaginative, and doesn't respond well to criticism. He can be quite rash and quick-tempered if pushed, and is not one to resign or back away from a challenge. Thanks to his father, he has quite a disrespect for authority.

Why did you join the Pirates:Shane has quite a difficult home life, with a drunken father who was always telling him to get a job. Both to fulfill this wish and escape from the town, Shane has decided to join the crew. He quite likes the idea of an adventure, anyhow, and would just love to have that treasure. Also, he dislikes authority, and the idea of taking it and foiling the navy's plans really appeals to him.

Other:Shane has a Jellicent called Madison. She spends the majority of her time following him around, and they are very close.

Last edited:
Issues with authority, eh. Wonder how that will play out on a Pirate ship.

Anyways, welcome to the crew.

Alright, i closed sign-ups for now. I'll open them back up at the next port they make.

Keep tuned, you may be able to join the pirates on a later date~

FUCK SORRY >:Y FINALLY DONE THIS

Name: Fritz Almsteadt

Appearance: Fritz is a tall, slender man, with slicked back dark hair, pale skin, and milk chocolate brown eyes, though his hair is streaked with grey and white from age. He stands at an impressive six-foot-six, and has long limbs and a narrow, pointed face. He bears a long scar over his left eye. One thing noticeable about him, is the fact that his left leg, from just below the knee down, is missing. He instead has a strange metal-and-wood false leg, with a slightly bouncy metal piece serving as his foot, and the whole thing attached with leather straps.

He typically wears long black trousers, a heavy black polished boot that comes to mid-calf on his good leg, and a crisp white dress shirt with long sleeves. He wears a pair of black straps over the shirt, just under the shoulder, to keep the shirt in place, and black suspenders over a black leather waistcoat. He wears a red tie, and occasionally a heavy overcoat with many brass accents. He carries a brass pocketwatch on a chain, clipped to his waistcoat. He carries a mahogany and Skarmory-steel walking stick, the handle carved in the shape of a Dragonair's head. The cane conceals a long, razor-sharp Skarmory steel blade.

Personality: Fritz has a commanding presence, and speaks firmly and with a stern inflection to his voice like he demands respect from anyone he speaks to (which he does). He is sharply intelligent, though a tad on the...cracked side of things. He Loves to experiment, but he understands that his crew are what keep him alive on this ship, and refrains from experimenting upon them, opting instead for any captured prisoners, and various vermin. He is very skilled at medicine, if a bit...different in his solutions of problems.

Why did you join the Pirates: For SCIENCE!! okay to be a doctor, really. So technically i guess he did join for SCIENCE.

Other: Pokemon:

[Thera] Galvantula (Female)
<Compoundeyes>

Back
Top Bottom