• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Adriane's #mafia-style Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriane

Super Moderator
Pronoun
she
CONTEXT

Those who used to frequent #mafia know how much I liked to tinker with roles and balance, and how I disliked the idea of "unemployed" townies. As a result, I amassed quite a list of roles, tweaked or otherwise, which was rather impractical in its own right.

I've therefore reduced the list to 8 roles with lawful and mafia counterparts, for a total of 16 in practise. Do not expect both roles to work the same way, however! There are also unaffiliated roles that serve as dark horses in the game.

I'd like at least 8 players.

BASICS

This is how I GM: roles are not revealed upon deaths, because that is up to the determination of one or more other players. Only players *in* the mafia, not their associates, will be revealed as mafia on death. Generally speaking, mafia-affiliated roles are slightly more powerful than their civilian counterparts. This is for balance reasons.

Townies win when there are no actual mafia remaining. Mafia wins when there are no civilian players left. Dark horse roles have unique bonus victory conditions.

ROLES

Here is the list of roles. Most of them will already be familiar to players who've played with me in the past, but I've consolidated a number of them. You'll receive further instructions in your classifaction PMs.

Civilians said:
Vigilante
Medic
Investigator
Drunkard
Martyr
Coroner
Mayor
Veteran

Mafia & Co. said:
Mafia
Dealer
Spy
Fatale
Terrorist
Exhumer
Lobbyist
Bouncer

Dark Horses said:
Lover
Alien
Ninja

Re: Adriane's #mafia-style Mafia (3/8+)

for those of us (like myself) not familliar with all the roles, could we get an explanation?

Re: Adriane's #mafia-style Mafia (3/8+)

for those of us (like myself) not familliar with all the roles, could we get an explanation?
You will in your PM! I'm not giving public role descriptions because some of them are a little different and I'd like having semi-private roles to invoke discussion. Of course, no player will have a role not listed here.

Re: Adriane's #mafia-style Mafia (6/8+)

Oh hey, I got on #tcod once or twice and played #mafia once. Is that thing still alive these days?

Re: Adriane's #mafia-style Mafia (6/8+)

Oh hey, I got on #tcod once or twice and played #mafia once. Is that thing still alive these days?

res's freaking bot stole my channel... I'm still insulted.

Re: Adriane's #mafia-style Mafia (8/8+, closing tomorrow)

Will be closing signups midday tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom