• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I'm vaguely interested in metal but I don't really know where to start

haha, have fun. I heard they're terrible live but then again, I'm sure you already know that. I'm assuming you're only going because your friends are going? :|

hey, what a coincidence, it's for the same reason that I'm listening to the Killers right now :O

Yeah a friend of mine is going but also I've been stuck inside for six weeks and am extremely fucking bored. Also Turisas are opening and they have an accordion. Also it was cheap.

So yeah.

As I've officially converted a friend of mine to metal lover with this CD, I must recommend it:

Sirenia - The 13th Floor

Until the band sobers up during events, DF is a shit band to watch live. Li messes up his usually mach-5 riffs badly.

I also suggest GnR (anything pre-Illusion sans ChinDem) if you wanna go technical. Slash and Buckethead deliver.

guns and roses suck

really bad

also df was entertaining thanx to them all being drunk they screw up alot tho

honestly guys, I'm not really too inclined to listen to AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Guns 'N' Roses (are they even metal?) and such, because I kind of have those bands filed away in a little corner of my brain labeled "DOUCHEBAG MUSIC - DO NOT LISTEN". This isn't really anything that has to do with the bands themselves, but the fact that all these d-bags at my school are into that kind of stuff. Which I admit is a stupid reason to not listen to certain bands, but still. :|

However, don't think that I'm not listening to your recommendations, because I am. I especially liked that one experimental band that someone talked about... can't remember what it was called now, but I heard a song by them and it rocked. \m/ (>_<) \m/

EDIT: looks like Retsu ninja'd me on the GnR being metal thing

Death metal:
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick
Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet
Morbid Angel - Heretic
Dethklok - The Dethalbum
Cannibal Corpse - Gallery of Suicide
In Flames - Clayman
In Flames - Come Clarity
Cannibal Corpse - Vile
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk
Bodom and In Flames are not death metal in any way. Not counting those some nice bands there (never heard Dethklok though), I would recommend not listening to Heretic or Darkened Shrines if you're new to death metal though as Heretic's production is very off putting and Darkened Shrines is very difficult to get into to start with. I can recommend Get Dead Or Die Trying by The Rotted for someone new to death metal - it's still heavy as hell and very awesome, but at the same time it's a lot more accessible than most albums without compromising the music. Awesome shit.

In Flames' old work (up to like colony/clayman) is death metal and then they went melodic and faggy but i still like them

Some of my preferred metal bands;

System of a Down, Scars on Broadway, Serj Tankian, Outcry Collective, Avenged Sevenfold, Cancer Bats, Linkin Park, KoRn, Slipknot, Papa Roach, Rammestein, Marilyn Manson, Bring Me the Horizon, Rolo Tomassi, Metallica, Trivium, Satyricon, Amon Amarth, Alexisonfire, Black Lungs and Wolverine.

Also, not really metal but Fair to Midland and God Is An Astronaut own.

Some of my preferred metal bands;

System of a Down, Scars on Broadway, Serj Tankian, Outcry Collective, Avenged Sevenfold, Cancer Bats, Linkin Park, KoRn, Slipknot, Papa Roach, Rammestein, Marilyn Manson, Bring Me the Horizon, Rolo Tomassi, Metallica, Trivium, Satyricon, Amon Amarth, Alexisonfire, Black Lungs and Wolverine.

Also, not really metal but Fair to Midland and God Is An Astronaut own.

85% of those are either nu-metal, metalcore (which isn't metal), or hardcore (which also isn't metal). so I don't know where you're going with this.

also I have adopted this stance recently: if a song can bring three minutes of joy to one person's miserably short human existence, then it's probably good and I don't feel like bashing it.

except for rap. good god NO.

Amon Amarth and Rammstein are good though. Not listened to System of a Down in a while though, but they are also good. I like the new Trivium as well.

Back
Top Bottom