• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Character changes thread

Re: This will be my dumbest topic ever but....

RETURN TO THE F***ING FARM YOU CAME FROM, MYSTERIOUS GIRL!?
That was my reaction. WTH-farmer?!

I'd comment on her shoes, but cyndaquil appears to like them.

Alraunne said:
I'm glad they actually went through the effort of making a new character
I reckon they should go through the effort of hiring a new human-character design artist. ,xP

I believe that these two games come with two options for your character:
Male Pokemon Trainer
Female Pokemon Rancher

Also, WHAT ARE THOSE BANDS ON HER LEGS?!

EDIT:(Off-Topic) Really, 30 posts in 1 day? lol

I don't mind the Female character as much as some...it's only the sprite you play as and it'll be in small size most of the time anyway...but it did REALLY freak me out when I first saw it but I've gotten used to her. She even looks kinda cute after a while.

I like the girl protagonist. :/ and for those who are all RAAAAAGEing, you'll get used to her in the months to come and by the end of it all you'll be all "omgf im da biggest GSGirl fan evar!!!" Mark my words.

And I'm going to say this now: Kamon (Silver) is horrible and needs to go die, in a hole, right now.

I love you so much.

Silver is a total ass, which is why I'm going to name him something not nice(Pearl FTW). On the other hand, I like the new girl character, as rather many other said, she's kinda cute.

I like the new female protagonist. I imagine that Kris will probably be a third character simlilar to your rival and Lucas/Dawn in D/P so you can see all the starters with your pokedex or something.
Or they could be saving her up for Crystal. I doubt that she would disappear.

Silver is a total ass, which is why I'm going to name him something not nice(Pearl FTW).

At least Silver doesn't waste ten turns trying to lower my stats.

Silver>>>>>>Pearl in terms of friggin battle ability and personality.

I agree with this. Kris was still better in my opinion, but I do understand her omitance, as it stated above elsewheres, these are GS remakes, not GC...

I agree with this. Kris was still better in my opinion, but I do understand her omitance, as it stated above elsewheres, these are GS remakes, not GC...

And if Battle Tower, and the Suicune storyline are included?

What they said about it not being crystal is fallacy beyond belief, because yeah, Gold and Silver NEVER had a female character period. Besides, we've gotten a chick in FRLG too.

I like the female character...I don't really see what's so bad bout her.

And if Battle Tower, and the Suicune storyline are included?

What they said about it not being crystal is fallacy beyond belief, because yeah, Gold and Silver NEVER had a female character period. Besides, we've gotten a chick in FRLG too.

Battle Tower Very Likely, scuicune? Maybe...

I agree that GS never had a girl, and that the manga had a girl for that gen, but technically the girl for the second gen was only Crystal, so they would have to invent someone for HGSS, though they could've done better, preferably the lack of overalls...

But Pearl owns Silver in overall awesomeness, so that's OK.
And he doesn't look like a total douche on the official artwork.
And he's still not a total ass.
And I don't know, since I don't have Platinum yet, but maybe he's he's actually good in the last battle, and besides, his starter is level 85, more then anything Silver could ever dream of.

I dont see how, since Pearl lacks awesome first of all :sweatdrop:

Really? Near the end, GSR has a change of heart, and becomes nice afterwards after an ass kicking from Lance.

but maybe he's he's actually good in the last battle, and besides, his starter is level 85, more then anything Silver could ever dream of.

If platinum has taught me anything, levels mean shit. Considering his strategy means wasting ten turns on stat reduction while I wail on him is pretty silly. Hell I can one hit kill his stuff before he gets a hit in. Thats bad AI if you ask me. Sure GSR doesn't get Level buffs, but he doesn't waste time trying to reduce my stats. Shoot, WALLY in his first fight puts up a better fight than him. Thats sad :sunglasses:

And he doesn't look like a total douche on the official artwork.
And I don't know, since I don't have Platinum yet, but maybe he's he's actually good in the last battle, and besides, his starter is level 85, more then anything Silver could ever dream of.

woo iawtc
also silver had a personality? all he did was complain about everyone being weak. and his pokemon were pathetic, what are you smoking psyburn? take those nostalgia goggles off. barry's pokemon are pretty difficult to beat in platinum.

take those nostalgia goggles off.

When Pearl and future rivals give me a challenge like the first two, ill do that.:sunglasses:

barry's pokemon are pretty difficult to beat in platinum.

Then something must be wrong with you, cause I had no trouble whippin his ass across the fields :P

Then something must be wrong with you, cause I had no trouble whippin his ass across the fields :P

psshaw ingame pokemon are always easy as shit. gsc was just even easier because of the low levels
maybe the first two rivals were easier because you played the games when you were younger? i beat the whole of the rby elite four with a lv40 starmie about a year ago. says a lot about the AI.

psshaw ingame pokemon are always easy as shit. gsc was just even easier because of the low levels
maybe the first two rivals were easier because you played the games when you were younger? i beat the whole of the rby elite four with a lv40 starmie about a year ago. says a lot about the AI.

A Duh is in order cept for bold. Dont you mean "Harder"?

Like I said, levels mean shit half the time, and in these cases, it rings true.

A Duh is in order cept for bold. Dont you mean "Harder"?

Like I said, levels mean shit half the time, and in these cases, it rings true.

((yeah i meant harder))
uhh why not play the games again just to see how easy they are? personal experience from when you were a kid =/= how difficult they actually are :s
and it seems you're only judging barry by the starter fight

No, im pretty sure he kept doing the same thing (especially evident in Canalave).

Then again, how would I know? one hit kills seem to be inevitable while fighting him. :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom